Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
A brisk walk on a lovely day can do much for our spirit. But if we aren’t vigilant of our surroundings, a walk around the neighborhood can become deadly in the blink of an eye.
Studies show that auto-pedestrian accidents are increasing every year. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), between 2008 and 2017, the number of deaths associated with auto-pedestrian accidents increased by 35 percent.
If you have been the victim of an auto-pedestrian and are not sure where to turn to, trust in the committed Greenville, SC, pedestrian accident attorneys of Hammack Law Firm. Our team has the legal skills and experience that is crucial to successfully litigate your pedestrian accident claim and collect the full monetary compensation you deserve.
The pedestrian accident lawyer of Hammack Law Firm have the ability to protect you from bad faith actors and malicious parties seeking to discredit your claim. Contact us at 864-326-3333 to set up a FREE case consultation with one of the best pedestrian accident attorneys in Greenville today.
How Hammack Law Firm Can Help You Win Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
For 19 years, the Greenville pedestrian accident attorneys of Hammack Law Firm has dedicated himself to perfecting this practice.
Our goal is simple. We work to provide quality legal representation for individuals that have suffered from auto-pedestrian accidents. Together with a supporting team of accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and other legal professionals, we can develop the strongest claim possible for you.
Our firm also consists of an attorney who once worked with insurance companies. With this insider knowledge, he has the ability to secure the justice and financial recovery you need. Trust in our ability to take care of all the legal heavy lifting while you focus on recuperating.
We are ready to take on your pedestrian accident claim and fight for you in court.
Contact our pedestrian accident lawyers at 864-326-3333 for a FREE case evaluation.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-740-8653
Causes of Auto-Pedestrian Accidents
An auto-pedestrian accident can be a traumatic experience for anyone to endure. Because they happen so quickly, remembering the details about the accident can be challenging. To remedy this, our qualified Greenville auto-pedestrian accident attorneys also use witness testimony while securing other forms of solid evidence to help fill in any gaps that your story may contain.
Most times, clients will find that their particular accident happened because of:
- Unmarked Crosswalks – Intersections are usually equipped with crosswalk patterns and signals that indicate safe passage for pedestrians to cross the road. You won’t find many of these crosswalks in rural areas, however. These unmarked crosswalk areas can become a hazard for an unknowing pedestrian attempting to cross the road.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is a growing problem, with texting while driving being the leading cause of distracted driving traffic accidents. A driver that takes his or her eyes off of the road to check a text can end someone else’s life — and theirs — in seconds.
- Distracted Walking – Texting while walking also puts pedestrians at risk. Pedestrians need to remain cautious of their surroundings, even if their phone is away in their pocket. Listening to music with earbuds on can prevent a pedestrian from hearing a vehicle speeding down the road. That lapse of attention can cause severe injuries to a pedestrian if they are not careful.
- Left-Hand Turns – A left turn can direct a driver’s focus to oncoming traffic and not a pedestrian crossing the crosswalk. For this very reason, a vehicle performing a left turn is a hazard for pedestrians looking to cross the street.
- Reduced Visibility at Night – Pedestrians walking at night are at an increased risk of being struck by a vehicle than they are during the day. Headlights do help drivers see in front of them to a certain degree, but they don’t light up the vehicle’s surroundings. Because of this, it is ill-advised that individuals walk at night.
- Impaired Driving – Whether it is behind the wheel or on foot, drinking alcohol is still the biggest factor in traffic accidents across the United States. If you’ve had a few, getting a designated, sober driver, or opting in for a rideshare service like Lyft or Uber, is a better alternative by miles than driving or walking while inebriated.
What are the Most Common Injuries Sustained in an Auto-Pedestrian Accident?
Grievous injury and death are common when a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle. The sheer size of a vehicle coupled with the force of impact that it can generate when traveling at high speeds can deal a lot of damage to a pedestrian unfortunate enough to be struck.
But they aren’t the only factors that need to be taken into account. Other factors that play into the severity of injuries a pedestrian suffers include:
- Height of the pedestrian
- Weight of the pedestrian
- Vehicle speed
- Where the pedestrian was struck (i.e. front, side, legs, etc.)
These factors can cause a multitude of different injuries that include:
- Cuts and scrapes
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal organ damage
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Nerve damage
- Tendon damage
- Blood vessel rupture
- Knee ligament damage
- Facial injury
- Neck injury
- Abdominal injury
- Head injury
- Brain trauma
- Wrongful death
Plenty of other injuries that are not listed above carry just as much of a risk of occurring should you or someone you know be struck by a vehicle. Mental and emotional trauma can take its toll on victims long after the accident occurred.
Greenville Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
How Pedestrians Can Stay Safe
Several safety tips exist in order to keep both pedestrians and drivers safe while minimizing any risks of collision, injury, and/or death.
- Be aware of your surroundings. A pedestrian may not be using a designated crosswalk.
- Follow the speed limit. Take extra caution when traveling through school zones, parking lots, and other areas that usually have a lot of pedestrian activity.
- Give plenty of space between the crosswalk and your vehicle to allow safe passage for pedestrians. Ensure that vehicles behind you can also see the pedestrian as well.
- Do not drink and/or do drugs and then drive.
- Refrain from texting while driving or any other activities while driving that are considered a distraction.
- Walk only in designated bridges, sidewalks, or crosswalks. Wait for the proper signal to cross.
- Ensure that you’re visible to drivers. Make eye contact with them before crossing.
- If there is no designated crosswalk, sidewalk, or bridge, cross over a well-lit pathway clear of the traffic.
- Avoid walking across busy roads like highways, interstates, or other roadways that prohibit crossing over.
- Do not consume alcohol or other substances that will inebriate you and inhibit decision-making and personal safety.
As the above suggests, it isn’t uncommon for negligence to fall on the driver of the vehicle, but sometimes fault and liability can also lie on the pedestrian.
You need an experienced pedestrian accident attorney to help you determine liability in your pedestrian accident claim. Contact Hammack Law Firm right now at 864-326-3333 for a FREE case evaluation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
What Kind of Compensation Can I Earn From My Pedestrian Accident Claim?
For nearly two decades, the pedestrian accident lawyer of Hammack Law Firm has helped clients earn what is owed to them. We can help you recover damages covering but not limited to:
- Medical Treatment – Medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and other expenses toward treatment are necessary after you have sustained injuries in an auto-pedestrian accident. This category of damages helps you pay for it.
- Loss of Earnings – You are entitled to recover lost wages since you were unable to work due to your injuries sustained in an auto-pedestrian accident. This category helps to reimburse you for those lost earnings.
- Future Earnings – Lasting injuries can affect your ability to work moving forward. This form of compensation aids in the recovery of that missing income.
- Impact of Injuries on Daily Tasks – Some injuries that are sustained in an auto-pedestrian accident impact your daily routine. This form of compensation helps you recover those damages.
- Lost Opportunities – Your injuries from an auto-pedestrian accident may cause you to miss out on opportunities that may have improved your financial situation and/or improve quality of life changes. This form of compensation remedies that.
Due to the gravity of these accidents, death is something that frequently happens. Because of this reality, surviving members of the decedent may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim with Hammack Law Firm to help recover damages that cover but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses relating to the auto-pedestrian accident prior to the death of the victim.
- Funeral and burial costs.
- Loss of the primary household provider.
Our Greenville, SC, personal injury pedestrian accident attorneys are ready to fight tooth and nail for the justice and compensation you deserve. Reach out to us today at 864-326-3333 for a FREE case evaluation.
Legally recovering from a traumatic event is only accomplished through experienced legal representation. At Hammack Law Firm, we’ve celebrated nearly two decades of pedestrian accident claim wins that have totaled in millions of dollars of compensation awarded to our clients. We want to right the wrongs committed by negligent or malicious parties.