If you suffer an injury on the job, there are several essential steps you need to take to ensure you receive the full benefits you’re entitled to under your employer’s workers’ compensation policy. To get the benefits you need, be sure to take the following steps:
- Notify your employer: Immediately let your employer know you sustained an injury so they can write an incident report. That document could prove useful in the future to help verify your injury happened at work.
- Go to the doctor: Initial treatment of your injury is essential. Your employer’s insurance representative provides the doctors and facilities you’re allowed to go to for your treatment. You’re allowed to seek the care of a doctor you already see, however, if the insurance rep doesn’t approve them, you won’t get covered under workers’ comp. If your doctor refers you to a specialist, you must follow their orders. Continue regularly scheduled appointments until your doctor tells you you’re at maximum medical improvement and releases you from their care.
- Hire an attorney: Seeking legal representation is best for guiding you through the process of an insurance claim or lawsuit. Attorneys know the forms that need to get filled out and strict deadlines involved in workers’ compensation cases.
In South Carolina, the law requires businesses with four or more employees to offer workers’ compensation benefits. When you hire an attorney, they will make sure your rights stay protected, and you’re treated fairly during your case. Taking the appropriate steps after sustaining a job-related injury could mean the difference between receiving benefits and getting denied any payments.
If you allow your attorney to walk you through the steps, they will ensure your employer provides you the information necessary to apply for benefits. South Carolina passed laws protecting the rights of employees. Standard workers’ compensation insurance policies include coverage for the following benefits:
- Medical expenses reimbursement
- Payment for necessary treatment in the future
- Cost of prescription medicines
- Lost wage compensation
- Reimbursement for traveling to and from doctors’ appointments
- Rehabilitation costs
- Temporary or permanent disability
For a free legal consultation, call 864-740-8653
If you suffered any work-related injury, call the attorneys at Hammack Law Firm immediately. Retaining an attorney from the beginning of the legal process is your best option. When you hire us, we will handle all the critical details of your case so you can focus on your recovery. We understand the overwhelming feeling of being injured, out of work, and paying for treatment. We’re committed to providing excellent customer service to meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
We offer free consultations to prospective clients. If you’re unsure of the steps you need to take after getting injured on the job, we’ll set up an appointment that’s free of charge. We’ll review the details of your difficult situation and advise you on your options. Our team of legal professionals is available 24/7, so you can reach us at a time when it’s convenient for you. We’re a small firm that treats every client like they’re a priority. We’re able to provide individualized attention to each case so nothing falls through the cracks. To set up your free consultation, call us at (864) 479-8742 or fill out our contact form.
Our Client Bill of Rights offers a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee —no costs and no fees. We serve our Greenville clients in all areas of personal injury, including auto and motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and boating accidents.
To get started with our Greenville personal injury law firm, please simply contact us online or call 864-326-3333 for a free consultation.
Call or text 864-740-8653 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form