Your settlement will depend on many factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of time you are unable to return to work, and the degree of physical and emotional pain and suffering you endure. These factors make the average settlement for a semi-truck accident difficult to calculate because they vary by the case.
When we represent you, our case assessment team will help you calculate your specific damages, build an evidence file that proves the at-fault party’s liability, fight for a favorable settlement, or represent you at trial if you cannot reach a settlement agreement.
Know what Recoverable Damages are Included in a Financial Settlement
When truck drivers share the road with you, they are required to exercise reasonable care. As the American Bar Association (ABA) guidelines note, when they fail to do so, their negligence can entitle you to financial compensation for your injuries. You also could recover compensation for the expenses that result from your injuries, including:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future loss of income
- Property damage or complete loss
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
If someone you love was fatally injured in a truck accident, you may also be able to receive awards for the costs associated with making their final arrangements. Our team will calculate your financial damages and assign an accurate value to your potential lawsuit.
Evidence that Establishes Your Right to Compensation
When we represent you, we conduct our own investigation into the cause of your accident and resulting injuries. Items we obtain for your evidence file include:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Photos and videos
- Financial records
- Crash report
- Witness statements
Comply with any requests for information as soon as possible. If your injuries prevent you from doing so, our team may be able to obtain the necessary documents on your behalf. Our goal is to allow you to focus on your physical recovery while we focus on your financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation, call 864-740-8653
Our Team of Attorneys will Fight Hard for You
Building a successful truck accident lawsuit can be challenging. If your injuries are severe enough, you may not be able to participate in your case as fully as you would like. Our team members can help. To build your case, we will:
- Obtain and submit claim forms and paperwork
- Regularly update you as your case progresses
- Build a supportive case file on your behalf
- Ensure your case meets all legal parameters
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement
According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) statistics, in passenger vehicle versus large truck collisions, the driver and passengers in the smaller vehicle face a greater likelihood of serious injuries and fatalities than the occupants of the truck. While you focus on your possibly extensive physical recovery, we concentrate on building the strongest possible compensation case for you.
Our Past Client Reviews Speak to Our Results
We seek financial compensation for every injured client we serve and make sure your case receives the attention to detail it needs. When our team helps you fight for compensation, we make sure you have the client care experience you deserve. When previous clients talk about our firm, they say:
- “AMAZING. So refreshing to watch pros navigate what could be a stressful and drawn-out process with elegance and efficiency.” – Haro Setian
- “Definitely one of the best accident attorneys around! Be sure to contact Paul before contacting the insurance company. – Maio Russell
- “Excellent legal service. Got me a very fair settlement from a vehicle accident, kept me fully informed during the process. Well Done!” – John Davis
When we say we treat you like friends and family, we mean it. We make sure the experience you have at our firm combines the best of small firm care and concern with big firm experience.
We Preserve Your Right to File a Lawsuit
The state where your accident occurred determines how much time you have to file your lawsuit. Our team members will explain the statute of limitations that applies to your case. If your lawsuit is not filed before it expires, you may inadvertently relinquish your right to compensation because:
- The at-fault party will request an immediate dismissal
- You may not be able to file your lawsuit at all, which means you will have to cover the costs of your damages yourself.
With early involvement from our team members, we can ensure your lawsuit is filed promptly. We can also make sure the accident scene is thoroughly investigated, and any witnesses are interviewed while their memories are fresh.
Let our attorneys help you fight for Financial Recovery
On your own, it can be challenging to calculate the average settlement for a semi-truck accident after you or someone you love was injured. When you are ready to fight for monetary recovery, contact one of our Hammack Law Firm team members by calling today.