Reading online reviews, asking friends and family members for recommendations, and learning more about a law firm’s previous clients and client awards can help you choose a wrongful death lawyer. Making the right choice of lawyer to help you fight for financial compensation is an important part of building an effective wrongful death lawsuit.
If you lost a loved one in a preventable accident and are now aiming to pursue compensation, our law firm can help you build your case. We can identify the family members entitled to file a lawsuit, build a strong case for compensation, assign a value to your loved one’s loss, and negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Our Reputation Speaks for Itself
Our commitment to fighting for financial compensation is evident in our reputation for client success. Previous clients say things like:
- “Paul was awesome. Super nice staff, great service, very quick settlement. I have zero complaints and would 100% use again if needed.”
- “Always willing to go the extra mile for you!”
- “The whole team was great; everyone was 5 stars. We got a good settlement and [I] was very pleased with the skill and professional atmosphere they have. They have a great team.”
We are committed to providing warm, supportive legal help and treating you like we treat friends and family. When you trust our team with your wrongful death lawsuit, you get the small firm attention you appreciate combined with the big firm experience your lawsuit deserves.
For a free legal consultation, call 864-514-8192
We Can Assess the Value of Your Lawsuit
Assessing the value of your wrongful death damages allows us to assign an accurate financial value to your lawsuit. Doing so without legal guidance and support can be complicated. According to S.C. Ann §15-32-210, the monetary damages your family might be entitled to collect include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of future earnings
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of financial support
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
You may also be entitled to receive compensation for the loss of your loved one’s company, guidance, companionship, and consortium.
Evidence to Support Your Case
Some items we may use to prove the value of your damages include:
- Your loved one’s medical records
- Their employment and salary history
- Documents that prove the cost of their final arrangements
- Other financial documents, such as repair bills for property damage or invoices for services
We will also listen to you and your family with compassion to get an understanding of the emotional impact of your loss.
Filing Deadlines in South Carolina
In Greenville, you typically have three years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann §15-3-530. If the statute of limitations expires, the consequences may include:
- Being unable to file your lawsuit
- Having your case dismissed without being heard
- Being unable to compel compensation
Once you hire us, we start working on your lawsuit right away because we want to have time to ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. We also want to have time to interview witnesses, conduct a thorough investigation, assign a value to your lawsuit, and negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Benefits of Hiring a Greenville Wrongful Death Lawyer from Our Team
The unexpected or tragic loss of a loved one can leave surviving family members in emotional distress. While you and your family cope with this loss, our team will work on recouping your financial damages. We will:
- Treat you like friends and members of our own family
- Bring a compassionate, humanizing touch to a difficult experience
- Provide you with responsive legal support and attention to detail
- Ensure the negligent party is held accountable for their carelessness
Our mission is to build a personal relationship with you, make South Carolina safe, and seek financial compensation for your injuries. We fight hard for your monetary recovery, and if you do not win your case, we will not charge you any attorney’s fees.
You Can Recover From an Unexpected Loss with an Attorney’s Help
Has your family recently experienced the loss of a loved one? You might be entitled to receive compensation from the person or entity responsible for your loss. One of our wrongful death lawyers can help you identify the at-fault party, prove the value of your lawsuit, and negotiate a settlement.
How you choose a wrongful death lawyer and how your lawyer values your case is key to its effectiveness and success. Contact the client intake team at Hammack Law Firm by calling (864) 326-3333 to start building your compensation lawsuit today.