Experienced Motorcycle Injury Attorneys Who Will Fight For The Compensation You Deserve
Greenville auto accident attorney Paul Hammack has been fighting for justice in the wake of auto accidents for more than 19 years. He started by representing insurance companies, learning their tactics and strategies to pay out as little as possible. Today, as head of the Hammack Law Firm, he puts his experience as an insurance industry insider to work for clients representing people who are seriously injured.
Hammack Law Firm has actual insight into the inner workings of auto insurance companies. We know how they assess and appraise accident claims. We know how they make their decisions and the value drivers that affect the amounts offered by insurers. And we know what makes them want to settle. Moreover,the insurance companies know Paul has the experience and fortitude to try and win cases.
Your success is our success Get Your Free Motorcycle Accident Review
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-326-3333
Motorcycle Accidents in Greenville
For nearly two decades, one law firm has made it their mission to help individuals involved in devastating motorcycle accidents. What really makes this law firm stand out, however, isn’t the quality representation it provides to victims of motorcycle accidents. Rather, it’s something else that few other law firms have.
In the past, Hammack Law Firm had represented the insurance companies that were involved in car accidents. After seeing so many hard working yet downhearted victims missing out on or outright denied full monetary compensation, we had a full change of heart. Equipped with insider knowledge into the defense, our motorcycle accident attorneys have excelled at fighting for the monetary compensation that victims need and deserve.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by negligent manufacturers or malicious motorists, we want to help you.
Contact Hammack Law Firm at 864-326-3333 to set up a consultation with our motorcycle accident attorneys in Greenville today.
The Numbers Behind Motorcycle Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycles make up around 3 percent of all registered vehicles in the U.S. around 2012, a year that also proved to be deadly for motorcyclists around the nation. Nearly 5,000 lives were lost in motorcycle accidents that year, indicating a 7 percent increase from 2011’s numbers totaling 4,630 fatalities.
The report also cited that per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists were 26 percent more likely to face death in a traffic accident than their passenger vehicle counterparts. This could be because motorcycles are “cage-free” in the sense that motorcyclists have little to no protection when involved in a traffic accident, leaving them vulnerable to serious injury or death.
Thankfully, after years of fatality increases in motorcycle accidents, another report from the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) detailed that this troubling statistic is beginning to decrease. By 2017—the association estimates—it is expected that fatalities due to this type of traffic accident should decrease by 5.6 percent compared to 2016. This would mean that of the 5,286 that perished in 2016, a 296 fatality reduction is expected come 2017.
Despite fatalities decreasing from motorcycle accidents, these types of accidents still range in the thousands. Accidents happen, and when they do, you need a law firm that can fight tooth and nail for the monetary compensation you need to recover properly.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Even though motorcycles share the same inherent risks that passenger and commercial vehicle operation has, not all forms of transportation have dangers exclusive to them as motorcycle riding does. Listed below are all common causes of a motorcycle accident.
Should any of them seem familiar to your particular circumstances, do not hesitate to contact us at 864-326-3333 today:
- Size and Height – Motorcycles are hard to see because they have a smaller visual outline when compared to passenger and commercial vehicles. Because of their size and height, seeing them in a blind spot or behind several cars in an intersection can be quite difficult, creating a significant hazard for motorcyclists.
- Potholes and Other Obstacles – A passenger or commercial vehicle can navigate through potholes, oil slicks, and debris on the road with relative ease, but all of those factors can cause a devastating motorcycle accident. Normally, these fall under the responsibility of the local municipality to fix. Not doing so leaves roads in a poor condition and a municipality liable for your motorcycle accident.
- Balance – Higher speeds can cause a motorcycle to become unstable. Sometimes, however, it isn’t always the contributing factor. An issue with the wheel alignment can be the root cause of a motorcycle accident, prompting legal action against the manufacturer.
- The Manufacturer – Compromised or defective wheels, tires, brakes, or steering can fail at a moment’s notice, causing a gruesome accident if the motorcyclist is traveling at high speeds. It is the duty of the manufacturer to ensure that the product they are creating and distributing is in an optimal working condition.
- Other Drivers – While this is a shared danger among all forms of transportation, it is a more severe risk for motorcyclists. Passenger car drivers that operate their car in a negligent manner—e.g. aggressive driving, drunk driving, distracted driving, and speeding to name a few—can cause an accident that leaves a motorcyclist with debilitating injures, or worse.
Motorcycle accidents can prompt other claims like personal injury, product liability, and property rights, so getting together with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney like the ones at Hammack Law Firm is your best option in order to explore what kind of claims you can file and what kinds of monetary compensation you qualify for. Of course, this all depends on the types of damages you incur financially, physically, and mentally.
What Kind of Injuries are Caused by a Motorcycle Accident?
Throughout our 19 years of serving Greenville, we have seen it all in terms of injuries sustained by our clients. Many have suffered from injuries such as:
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Friction Burns and/or Other Types of Burns
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
As stated earlier, since motorcycles offer little to no protection, death becomes more of a frequent possibility resulting from a motorcycle accident. Due to this circumstance, surviving family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim if negligence played a part in their loved one’s death, whether it be from the manufacturer of the motorcycle or a distracted driver.
What Kind of Compensation is Awarded in a Motorcycle Claim?
The last thing you need to worry about is how you are going to afford getting treatment for your injuries, funeral costs that come with burying a loved one, or repair costs incurred because your motorcycle was totaled. The period after your motorcycle accident should be spent recuperating.
Hammack Law Firm has also made a name for itself in how we handle our clients cases. We excel at retrieving full monetary compensation for our clients such as:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages and Diminished Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Permanent Disfigurement
- Physical Impairment
We don’t just stop there, however. Hammack Law Firm can seek out further options toward compensation that may include punitive damages. These damages are meant to punish and deter those who acted in a negligent, malicious, or fraudulent manner, ultimately causing your injury or loss.
Greenville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
Why You Need Hammack Law Firm
When you’re caught right into the aftermath of a motorcycle accident all alone, knowing what to do next can be a hard thing to figure out. To ease this process for you, here are a few things that our motorcycle attorneys can help you with:
- Help You Get the Medical Assistance You Need – Since motorcyclists are not protected by a frame like passenger vehicle drivers are, they can sustain severe injuries like head, back, neck, arm, and leg trauma. Our attorneys have developed professional relationships with local medical personnel that are gifted at treating your specific injury. Even if you don’t have health insurance, we can negotiate with doctors to set up alternative methods of payment for your treatment.
- Help You File a Claim for Your Property – Motorcycles can sustain heavy damage if they are involved in an accident. Our attorneys can help you file a claim to repair your old bike or get a new one. We can get you back on the road in no time, once you’ve decided the time is right.
- Investigate Your Motorcycle Accident – Our motorcycle lawyer has specific access to police reports, crash photos, witness interviews, and other information about the crash at the scene. To help us achieve this, local accident reconstruction specialists can help us understand more in-depth the intricate details pertaining to what and who caused your accident.
- Help You File a Lawsuit – If for any reason your claim cannot be settled without litigation, our motorcycle accident attorneys can help you file a lawsuit in the appropriate court.
- Negotiate a Settlement – Our motorcycle lawyer excels at aggressive negotiation when at the table with insurance companies that don’t want to budge, and persuasive in the courtroom during trial. We are prepared for anything, and we will succeed at earning the full monetary compensation you deserve.
- Collect What You Are Owed – Nothing pleases us more than collecting what you are owed from the defense. Whether it is a settlement that was reached or a verdict that was issued, we can collect the compensation you need quickly, giving you the means to take your life back into your own hands.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys are eager to help you receive justice from those that harmed you. Don’t continue to suffer in silence alone. Hire our law firm to get you started on your road to recovery today.
Hammack Law Firm, nearly 20 years of helping motorcyclists heal from traumatic accidents and experiences.
For close to 20 years, Hammack Law Firm has guided victims of motorcycle accidents through the overwhelming amount of legal processes and red tape in order to win the full monetary compensation that they need. Let us help you do the same.
Contact us at 864-326-3333 to set up a legal consultation with one of our best motorcycle accident attorneys in Greenville today.
- Right to our respect, courtesy, compassion and empathy
- Right to talk with us within 24 hours of your call
- Right to timely updates on your case progress