Like most states, South Carolina offers financial compensation to qualifying employees who are injured on the job.
That compensation system is formally known as the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, but most people simply call it “workers’ comp.”
Workers’ comp provides many attractive benefits to an injured worker (and, in some cases, to family members of employees who’ve been killed in the course of their job duties). Those benefits include:
- Reimbursement for hospital and medical expenses
- Compensation for lost earnings
- Disability benefits
- Payment for rehabilitation services
- Medication expenses
- Certain travel expenses, if related to the injury
- Future medical expenses related to treatment and recovery (in some cases)
…Those benefits are available, even if the employer wasn’t at-fault for the accident.
That might sound like a good deal, but recovering Workers’ Compensation isn’t as easy as it sounds. The system is complicated and very difficult to navigate. Moreover, the laws governing that system are sophisticated and sometimes confusing.
Innocent victims with legitimate claims are often wrongfully denied or, alternatively, are approved but receive much less than they deserve. For most, the whole procedure is an enormous hassle and a huge source of frustration – often with disappointing results.
An experienced Greenville Workers’ Compensation lawyer can change that.
Attorney Paul Hammack offers more than 15 years of experience as an aggressive advocate for South Carolinians. He understands that it is fundamentally unfair for a person to work hard for a company, suffer an injury on the company’s behalf, and then have to pay for that injury out of pocket.
Mr. Hammack is dedicated to balancing the scales of justice in South Carolina Workers’ Compensation cases, and he shares that mission with everyone working at the Hammack Law Firm.
We’re here to fight for hard-working South Carolinians – and to get them the money that they’re owed.
How We Can Help
When you choose Hammack Law Firm, you’re hiring someone to take care of the entire Workers’ Compensation process for you, from beginning to end. An experienced Greenville workers’ comp lawyer can help by:
- Filing the Paperwork – The SC Workers’ Compensation system is bogged down with mind-numbing red tape. Many people are denied simply because they can’t figure out the forms or their confusing instructions. Hammack Law Firm will ensure that your paperwork is filed properly, strategically, and on time.
- Proving Your Injury – We are prepared to work with expert witnesses and outside resources to offer clear and compelling proof of your injuries (as well as the damages you’ve incurred, as a result of those injuries).
- Maximizing Your Compensation – Our legal team will look for every available source of compensation under the law. We will work diligently to prove the full value of your damages, which are often much greater than the victims initially realize.
- Working Outside the System – While Workers’ Compensation is generally an exclusive remedy, meaning you can’t seek additional compensation elsewhere, there are exceptions. We’ll work closely with you to determine whether the facts of your case might entitle you to additional compensation outside of the SC Workers’ Compensation system.
- Avoiding Mistakes – It’s all too easy to make a critical error, miss a deadline, or accidentally make a misrepresentation while trying to navigate the choppy waters of a workers’ comp claim. The wrong kind of mistake could land you in hot water. An experienced Greenville Workers’ Compensation lawyer can help you steer clear of common pitfalls.
Leading Causes of Workplace Accidents in South Carolina
Millions of workers are injured on the job every year in America, and thousands lose their lives. Those workplace accidents are nearly as common in South Carolina as anywhere else.
Unexpected injuries can arise in almost any accident and with any job. The most common, though, involve:
- Job-related vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence (assault, battery, use of force, sexual assault, etc.)
- Dangerous objects (tools, falling objects, etc.)
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Fires and explosions
- Dangerous commercial property conditions
- Repetitive motion injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.)
Contact an Experienced Greenville Workers’ Comp Lawyer Today
The decision to take legal action isn’t always easy. We don’t want you to feel uncomfortable or unsure.
That’s why we have our Client Bill of Rights, which provides a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee. There are no costs, no obligations, and no penalties if you change your mind. You have nothing to lose.
To get started, contact us online or call 864-326-3333 and set up your free consultation right away. Let’s go get your money.
For more information on workers compensation laws in Greenville SC, click here.
For information on workers compensation laws in Spartanburg SC, click here.
Se habla Español!