At Hammack Law Firm, our Socastee personal injury lawyer helps victims of negligence-based accidents seek compensation. By recovering monetary damages for the clients we represent, we hold negligent parties accountable for their reckless and careless actions. Our mission is to make South Carolina a safer place for all its citizens.
If you or someone you love suffered injuries, we want to help you prove fault and liability so you can receive compensation for medical bills, income loss, and pain and suffering. Our attorneys can handle all aspects of your case at no upfront cost to you. To learn more, you can reach out for a complimentary case review.
Proving Your Right to Recoverable Damages in Socastee
Your case must prove the four elements of negligence to recover compensation from another party after an accident. When we represent you, our team will gather evidence to prove the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their duty
- Caused the accident that harmed you
- Caused you recoverable damages
According to S.C. Ann. § 15-32-210, you can hold the other party responsible for your damages if your case meets these criteria. We handle gathering, organizing, and submitting your evidence for you so you can focus on getting better.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages in South Carolina
After suffering injuries, you can seek two types of damages from the liable party: economic and non-economic. Economic damages have a defined monetary value and usually cost something out of pocket. They include:
- All injury-related medical expenses
- All injury-related loss of income
- Property damage or destruction costs
- In-home medical or domestic help
- Treatment-related travel expenses
If your family lost a loved one due to an accident, we would be honored to help you seek compensation. You could recover for their funeral and burial expenses, loss of household support, and intangible losses outlined in the next section.
Non-Economic or Non-Monetary Based Damages
Your injuries can also make you eligible for non-economic damages. These have an indeterminate financial value, so we help you calculate their worth based on the severity and impact of your injuries. Non-economic damages include:
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Ongoing pain and suffering
Your wrongful death damages could also entitle you to compensation for the loss of your loved one’s society, companionship, and consortium.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Socastee, call 864-740-8653
Your Potential Lawsuit Has a Time Limit
You generally have three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in South Carolina, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. If you fail to comply with this statute of limitations, or deadline, you put your right to request compensation at risk.
Missing the filing deadline will likely prohibit you from filing a lawsuit at all. Even if you manage to file after the statute expires, the party named in your lawsuit can request an immediate dismissal, which the court is likely to grant.
That means you will have no legal method of compelling the liable party to cover your damages. When our team at Hammack Law Firm represents you, we take great care to file before the statute of limitations expires.
Socastee Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Benefits of Working with Our Personal Injury Lawyer
At Hammack Law Firm, we are committed to building personal relationships with the clients we represent in Socastee and helping you get back to your family and loved ones after an injury. When you choose our team, we will:
- Give you the friend/ family member treatment
- Add a human touch to the legal process
- Pay your case the attention it deserves
- Handle all case-related communication
- Collect supporting evidence on your behalf
We also handle the negotiation process and fight to make sure you get the best possible outcome in your case. We never stop fighting for you and your compensation or striving to provide an outstanding client experience.
Our Fee Structure for Personal Injury Cases
We believe every client our firm represents has certain rights – we call these our Client Bill of Rights. Among them is the right not to be charged a fee until we win compensation for you. Other rights include your right to:
- Kindness, courtesy, and respect
- Timely responses to your questions
- Ongoing updates on your case
- Confidentiality regarding your case
- A transparent written fee agreement
The rights we extend to our clients also include your ability to make the final decision on whether or not to accept a settlement or take the at-fault party to trial.
Browse Google Reviews and Customer Testimonials on Our Website
Our lawyers work hard to provide legal services that are warm, supportive, and helpful. Clients we represented in the past have said the following about working with our team:
- “I could have not asked for a better law firm to defend me. Paul Hammack is the kindest spirit I could ask for. My paralegal Yesica is also a kind spirit that supported me all through my lawsuit. I would recommend Hammack law firm to anyone who needs a lawyer.” – Deborah Phillips
- “There are not enough words to describe the great experience that I have had dealing with all of the kind people at Hammack Law. Whenever I called or texted, you would think I was their only client.” – Jean Smith
- “Everyone at Paul Hammack Law Firm was a dream to work with! Lynn and Dawn were always very responsive and knowledgeable!” – Amanda Litton
We work hard to give every client the benefit of a small firm feel with a big firm experience.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Consult a Hammack Law Firm Team Member Today
Did someone else’s actions or inaction contribute to your injuries in Socastee? If so, our personal injury lawyers will help you identify and seek compensation from the liable parties. Contact one of our case review team members at (864) 326-3333 today.
Call or text 864-740-8653 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form