You can get a crash report in South Carolina by contacting the law enforcement agency that responded to your accident directly. They may offer specific instructions for getting a copy of the report, whether through the mail or by obtaining a copy in person.
You can also get a copy of this document through the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV). A lawyer from our firm could obtain the report for you as your legal representative, as well as other forms of documentation that could be important for your personal injury case.
A Lawyer Can Assist You in Seeking Your Crash Report
An attorney from our law firm can help you get a police crash report and organize the evidence related to your case. We can also provide several other services critical to your insurance claim or lawsuit. Explore the services we offer below:
Obtaining Additional Documentation to Support Your Case
Obtaining a copy of the police crash report is likely not the only step you will need to take to detail the circumstances of your accident and injuries. Other forms of documentation that may prove vital as you seek compensation through an insurance claim or a lawsuit can include:
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Videos of the accident scene
- Photographs and videos of the damage specific to your vehicle
- Photographs of your physical injuries
- Documentation of any medical diagnoses that you receive for your accident-related injuries
- Your medical bills
- Witness accounts of how your injuries have negatively affected you
A lawyer from our team will help you take the steps necessary to create and organize these types of documentation, as well as any other paperwork that could be beneficial to your insurance claim or lawsuit. These documents will help us establish the injuries you suffered because of the crash, the parties involved, and the accident’s cause.
Calculating the Expenses and Losses You Need to Cover
Your legal team’s ultimate goal is to recover fair compensation for your collision-related damages. What is considered “fair compensation” in your case will depend on the type and extent of your losses, which may include:
- Medical costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost income to date
- Future lost income
- Harm to your earning power
In the case of wrongful death, you and other loved ones may recover damages for the loss of comfort, companionship, and guidance that the deceased provided. You may also collect compensation to cover your loved one’s funeral.
Seeking an Auto Insurance Settlement
If you choose to pursue compensation through an insurance claim with our help, one of our car accident lawyers will:
- Create a running account of your damages
- Organize all evidence of your accident and injuries
- Calculate your future losses
- Advise you on the importance of statements that you make to the insurance company
- Engage in settlement negotiations
- Assess the fairness of any settlement offers from the insurance company
- Advise you on whether you should accept a settlement or proceed with a lawsuit (though this is ultimately your decision)
Most cases end in a settlement and avoid going to court. However, if a fair offer doesn’t seem likely in your case, one of our attorneys can prepare your lawsuit.
Guiding Your Case Through the South Carolina Court System
Should you choose to pursue a lawsuit, your lawyer will see your case through to completion. Some lawsuit-specific services that our team will provide include:
- Assigning fault for your losses
- Creating and filing your lawsuit
- Notifying the involved defendants and their legal counsel of your intention to file a lawsuit
- Making in-court appearances on your behalf
- Handling communications with other lawyers, judges, and parties involved in your lawsuit
- Negotiating pretrial settlements with the defendant’s attorneys
- Advocating for you during a trial if necessary
For a free legal consultation, call 864-514-8192
Other Benefits of Working with our Law Firm
We can handle all of the obligations that go into building a successful personal injury case, so you don’t have to handle it by yourself. Our services could be especially helpful if you or a loved one has been physically, cognitively, or emotionally impaired because of the accident. However, what sets our team apart is the additional time and care we put into our legal representation.
Consultations are Free and Available 24/7
If you’re ready to discuss your case, you can call us any time to get started. The initial case review is free for all potential clients, so you can get a sense of whether our firm is right for you without worrying about consultation fees.
Our Firm Offers Flexible Terms of Payment
Our contingency fee arrangement means that you will not have to pay any out-of-pocket costs for a lawyer from our team to represent you. Instead, we only get paid if we secure compensation for you, and we will receive payment from any winnings you receive. Our firm operates this way so that you can hire a lawyer regardless of your financial situation.
We Prioritize Compassion and Empathy Above All
When we take on a new client, our first goal is to get to know them and their situation so we can address all of their unique pain points. We want to secure the compensation you seek so you can move forward. Our past clients say it best in the Google reviews they’ve left:
- From Summer: “I cannot express how pleased I am with Hammack Law Firm! They really do treat you like family here. Always willing to go the extra mile for you!”
- From Joanna Reese: “I highly recommend Hammack Law Firm. Paul has a unique background working for insurance companies, so he knows their playbook. I am confident he will get you the best results if you are having to fight for payment against an insurance company.”
Call the Attorneys at Hammack Law Firm for Help Today
At Hammack Law Firm, our lawyers offer warm, supportive, and helpful representation at no out-of-pocket cost to you. We aim to provide a small firm feel with that big firm experience. Call Hammack Law Firm at our Greenville office today to receive your free consultation at (864) 326-3333.