At Hammack Law Firm, we serve our clients on a contingency-fee-basis, which allows them to get the legal assistance they need without having to add another financial damage to their debts.
When you call our firm at (864) 326-3333, you get a free consultation with one of our team members, who will listen to you and let your concerns be heard. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in Spartanburg, South Carolina, we can have a Spartanburg truck accident lawyer manage your case and give you progress updates as they come.
Our Firm Has Helped Victims in a Variety of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be as minor as a fender-bender or as intense as a jack-knife collision that results in fatalities. Our law firm has handled various truck accident cases, so we are ready to analyze the crash report and even do our own investigation to find out more details about your collision.
We have managed cases involving:
- Rollover accidents, or accidents where a vehicle tipped over
- Jack-knife accidents, which occur when the truck’s trailer swings forward uncontrollably
- Underride accidents, which involve passenger vehicles that crash under a truck’s trailer
- Side-impact accidents, meaning one vehicle was hit on at least one side
- Rear-end accidents, meaning one vehicle was hit from behind
- Head-on accidents, which can occur if a vehicle drives against traffic by accident
Other accident scenarios might apply to your case, so feel free to call our firm to review your case.
There May Be More than One Liable Party
Because many truck drivers work for commercial companies, be it the trucking company or another business (e.g., a grocery store chain), you may have more than one party be liable for your injuries and damages. This is known as “vicarious liability” and is often referenced when employers are held accountable for their employees’ actions.
However, other parties may also be involved if their negligence contributed to the cause of the accident. For example, mechanics may be held liable for vehicle malfunctions that could have been prevented had they properly maintained the truck or inspected it properly. In truck accident cases, you may be able to pursue compensation from:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company or business that owns the truck
- The mechanic or maintenance company that last worked on the truck
- The truck’s manufacturer, if a vehicle error occurred due to the truck’s design or build
- A municipality, if unrepaired road conditions without proper signage led to the accident
- A third party that contributed to the accident, such as another vehicle driver or a construction company doing road work
You Must File Your Case on Time to Pursue Compensation
Plaintiffs must file their personal injury lawsuits within three years of the accident, per the South Carolina Code §15-3-530. If you do not file your case on time, you may lose your opportunity to pursue compensation for damages, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Loss of wages
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability or loss of bodily function
Your lawyer can monitor this deadline for you and notify you when you need to make a decision to bring a lawsuit forward against the liable party or parties.
Let Hammack Law Firm Take Care of Your Truck Accident Case
Truck accidents can be significant in the pain they cause to an individual, both physically and otherwise, and the idea of managing a personal injury case alone can be intimidating even if you do not have any injuries.
Let the team at Hammack Law Firm come to your aid. We treat all of our clients with compassion and respect because we understand how vulnerable and confused they may feel. Many clients ask us about what they are entitled to receive as compensation and whether their case even stands a chance. We offer a variety of services to help you build your case, such as:
- Investigating what caused the truck accident and who might be liable for the damages
- Collecting evidence to support your claims about how the accident occurred and the kind of damages you experienced
- Taking calls with insurance companies and the opposing party’s legal attorney(s) on your behalf
- Filing paperwork and keeping track of deadlines for you
- Helping you negotiate a settlement to avoid going to court
- Representing you in court if your case does go to trial
- Answering any questions you have throughout the litigation process
Don’t Wait – Contact Our Attorneys Today
With our team, you get the small firm feel with the big firm experience, getting benefits from both worlds. When you hire a Spartanburg truck accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm, you get more than an attorney who will fight for you – you get a friend. Call us today at (864) 326-3333.