If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property and it resulted in a serious bodily injury, you may be entitled to collect compensation for multiple types of damages. Our personal injury team at Hammack Law Firm can help you begin building your claim or lawsuit after reviewing your case in a free consultation.
If you live in Spartanburg, South Carolina, we can assign a slip and fall accident lawyer from our team to represent you. Should you have additional questions about your case, our legal team is available by phone and online.
Our Team has Won Thousands of Dollars in Compensation for Past Clients
At Hammack Law Firm, we strive to fight for fair compensation for our clients. We have a history of winning settlement deals and verdicts for slip and fall victims, with some of our case results including:
- $170,000 settlement for a victim who suffered injuries after falling 16 feet off a roof
- $80,000 settlement for a victim who suffered a knee injury in a slip and fall accident
- $71,968 settlement for a worker who fell and suffered a back injury while on the job
Every personal injury case is different in the amount they are worth, as compensation is based on the specific damages you incurred during and after your fall. Our team can help you calculate the value of your slip and fall case and then pursue compensation based on this total.
We Consider Multiple Types of Damages When Calculating the Value of Your Case
Calculating compensation involves making a list of your damages and assigning values to each grievance you suffered. Generally speaking, damages get divided into two categories: economic and non-economic losses. These categories split your financial losses from other forms of damages you may have experienced.
Economic Losses Focus on Financial Damages
If you lost money, had to pay expenses, or are now in debt because of your fall injuries, you may consider these damages as “economic losses.” These damages may include:
- Medical care expenses
- Income loss, including anticipated income loss
- Reduced earning potential
- Mileage costs for traveling to medical appointments
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as prescription medicines and medical equipment (e.g., wheelchairs)
Non-Economic Losses Cover the Rest of Your Damages
A person experiences more than financial damage after getting injured in a fall accident. While physical and emotional pain do not originally have financial value, they can be assigned value.
These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
- Physical disfigurement and permanent disability
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of joy in life or hobbies and activities
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional anguish
Our Attorneys will Treat You with Compassion and Empathy as We Build Your Case
At Hammack Law Firm, we help people in Spartanburg, South Carolina, fight for the compensation they deserve after falling victim to someone else’s negligence. Whether a person visits a public or private property, one might expect to be kept safe from harm and that the property owner abides by safety regulations.
If your slip and fall accident was preventable had an owner or manager followed standard protocol to keep their premises safe, we want to help you hold them accountable. We offer to help you build your premises liability case, which may involve:
- Identifying the liable property owner or manager who should have prevented your injuries from happening
- Investigating whether other liable parties might have contributed to the cause of the accident, such as a maintenance worker
- Collecting evidence to support your claims about how your accident occurred and the damages you suffered
- Filing legal paperwork on your behalf
- Communicating with involved parties in your case, such as the property owner’s insurance company
We Look Out for Your Financial Interests When We Advise You
When you work with a slip and fall accident lawyer from our team, you work with someone who cares about your wellbeing. We aim to be transparent about your legal options and offer to advise you on:
- Whether you should accept a settlement offer
- Whether you should continue negotiating for higher compensation
- Whether you should consider filing a lawsuit, especially if negotiations are not coming through
- Whether you should file more than one claim or lawsuit if multiple parties are involved
You can check out our Google reviews to read more about how we treat our clients. One client, Gray Rogers, had this to say about our law firm:
“This was by far the best experience I’ve encountered with a law firm. Lynn Dunn was such an awesome and sweet person who made the process a breeze. I was thoroughly pleased with the firm that treated me like one of their own. Thank you, Mr. Paul Hammack and Mrs. Lynn Dunn.”
South Carolina’s Statutes of Limitations Set Deadlines in Which to File Your Case
In South Carolina, you have to make sure you file your case within the statute of limitations. This law sets a legal deadline for any plaintiff who suffered an injury and wants to take civil action against a negligent party for compensation.
According to S.C. Ann §15-3-530, you generally have up to three years from the date of your fall to file a lawsuit about injuries you sustained. Failure to comply with this deadline could result in your case getting dismissed, so you may want to consult our law firm as soon as possible so that we can begin building your case.
If a Municipality is Involved
If your slip and fall accident happened on public property, you may have to file a lawsuit against a local municipality. If so, S.C. Ann §15-78-110 dictates that you have about two years from the fall to file your case.
Call the Attorneys at Hammack Law Firm Today to Receive a Free Case Evaluation
Our personal injury team at Hammack Law Firm serves people throughout South Carolina, including Spartanburg. If you or a loved one suffered a slip and fall accident and would like to pursue legal action against a negligent property owner or manager, our team wants to help you build your case.
Call (846) 326-3333 for a free consultation with one of our team representatives. During your call, we can discuss how one of our slip and fall accident lawyers can represent you in Spartanburg.