If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property and it resulted in a serious bodily injury, you may be entitled to collect compensation for multiple types of damages. Our personal injury team at Hammack Law Firm can help you build your claim or lawsuit after reviewing your case in a free consultation.
If you live in Spartanburg, South Carolina, we can assign a Spartanburg slip and fall accident lawyer from our team to represent you. Should you have questions about your case, our legal team is available by phone and online.
Our Team Has Won Thousands of Dollars in Compensation for Past Clients
At Hammack Law Firm, we strive to obtain fair compensation for our clients. We have a history of winning settlements and verdicts for slip and fall victims, with some of our case results including:
- A $170,000 settlement for a victim who suffered injuries after falling 16 feet off a roof
- An $80,000 settlement for a victim who suffered a knee injury in a slip and fall accident
- A $71,968 settlement for a worker who fell and suffered a back injury while on the job
Every personal injury case is worth a different amount, as compensation is based on the specific damages incurred during and after the fall. Our team can help you calculate the value of your slip and fall case and pursue compensation based on this total.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 864-740-8653
We Consider Multiple Types of Damages When Calculating the Value of Your Case
Calculating compensation involves making a list of your damages and assigning values to each loss you suffered. Damages are generally divided into two categories: economic and non-economic losses. These categories differentiate your financial losses from other forms of damages you may have experienced.
Economic Losses Include Financial Damages
If you lost money, had to pay expenses, or are now in debt because of your fall injuries, you may consider these damages as “economic losses.” These damages may include:
- Medical costs
- Lost income, including anticipated income loss
- Reduced earning potential
- Mileage costs for traveling to medical appointments
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as prescription medicines and medical equipment (e.g., wheelchairs)
Non-Economic Losses Cover the Rest of Your Damages
A person experiences more than financial damage after getting injured in a fall. While physical and emotional pain do not have a clear financial value, your lawyer can help you assign them a monetary figure.
Non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
- Physical disfigurement and permanent disability
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of joy in life or hobbies and activities
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional anguish
Spartanburg Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Our Attorneys Will Treat You with Compassion and Empathy as We Build Your Case
At Hammack Law Firm, we help people in Spartanburg, South Carolina fight for the compensation they deserve after falling victim to someone else’s negligence. Whether a person visits a public or private property, they expect to be kept safe from harm. They expect that the property owner will abide by safety regulations.
If your slip and fall accident was preventable, we want to help you hold liable parties accountable. We can build your premises liability case, which may involve:
- Identifying the liable property owner or manager who should have prevented your injuries from happening
- Investigating whether other liable parties might have contributed to your accident
- Collecting evidence to support your claims about how your accident occurred and the damages you suffered
- Filing legal paperwork on your behalf
- Communicating with involved parties in your case, such as the property owner’s insurance company
We will handle every step of your case.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
How We Prove Liability in a Slip and Fall Case
Liability in civil cases generally hinges upon negligence. The sequence for proving negligence is:
- Showing that the defendant(s) in your case (a property owner or otherwise) owed you a duty of care
- Proving that the defendant(s) in your case breached their duty of care, exposing you to harm as a result
- Establishing a causal link between the defendant’s negligence and your slip and fall
- Displaying the damages that have resulted from the defendant’s negligence
The duty of care requires someone to act as another reasonable person would in the same circumstances.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Negligence That Can Cause a Slip and Fall Accident
A property owner or other type of defendant may violate their duty of care in several ways, committing negligence in the process. When it comes to slip and fall accidents, negligent acts may include:
- Failing to install safety equipment, like handrails and slip-proof flooring, in areas where slips could happen
- Failing to install adequate lighting so visitors can see where they are walking
- Failing to mop, cordon off, or otherwise protect visitors from puddles and spills
- Failing to instruct employees about proper slip-prevention practices
Property owners may be negligent if they fail to monitor their property. By failing to attend to a premises, hazards may emerge that lead to slip and fall accidents.
We Look Out for Your Financial Interests When We Advise You
When you work with a slip and fall accident lawyer from our team, you work with someone who cares about your wellbeing. We are transparent about your legal options and may offer advice about:
- Whether you should accept a settlement offer
- Whether you should continue negotiating for greater compensation
- Whether you should consider filing a lawsuit, especially if negotiations are not progressing
- Whether you should file more than one claim or lawsuit if multiple parties are involved
Our Client Testimonials Speak to Our Success
You can check out our Google reviews to read more about how we treat our clients. Some of our notable client testimonials include:
- “This was by far the best experience I’ve encountered with a law firm. Lynn Dunn was such an awesome and sweet person who made the process a breeze. I was thoroughly pleased with the firm that treated me like one of their own. Thank you, Mr. Paul Hammack and Mrs. Lynn Dunn.” – Gray Rogers, former client
- “Hammack Law Firm is absolutely one of the finest, most professional groups of people I have ever met. They are passionate about what they do. I give them a five-star rating!” – Lauren, former client
- “My husband and I couldn’t have picked a better law firm. Hard working, respectful, friendly and they truly make you feel like family. They worked on our case and went way beyond our expectations. Highly recommended!” – T., former client
- “No matter who I dealt with at this law firm, everyone was very kind. If I had questions, I felt like they were listened to and answered so that I would understand. They let me know what was going on throughout the process and I won my case!” – Rachell, former client
This is just a sampling of the many positive client reviews we’ve received. We work hard to satisfy every client, regardless of their case outcome.
South Carolina’s Statutes of Limitations May Set Deadlines for Your Case
In South Carolina, you have to make sure you file your personal injury case within the statute of limitations. This law sets a legal deadline for any plaintiff who suffered an injury and wants to take civil action against a negligent party for compensation.
According to S.C. Ann §15-3-530, you generally have up to three years from the date of your fall to file a lawsuit for injuries you sustained. Failure to comply with this deadline could result in your case being dismissed, so you may want to consult our law firm as soon as possible so that we can begin building your case.
What If a Municipality is Involved in Your Case?
If your slip and fall accident happened on public property, you may have to file a lawsuit against a local municipality. If so, S.C. Ann §15-78-110 dictates that you typically have two years from the fall to file your case.
What does It Cost to Hire Hammack Law Firm?
Hammack Law firm represents clients regardless of their financial status. We can do this because we don’t require any upfront payment from our clients. We accept your case based on its merits—nothing else.
We hire experts, account for filing fees, and pay all other case-related expenses. Should we win your case, we will receive a percentage of your winnings. If we don’t win your case, you won’t pay us anything. This means there is no personal financial risk in hiring Hammack Law Firm for your case.
Call Hammack Law Firm Today to Receive a Free Case Evaluation
Our personal injury team at Hammack Law Firm serves people throughout South Carolina, including Spartanburg. If you or a loved one suffered a slip and fall accident and would like to pursue legal action against a negligent property owner or manager, our team can help.
Call (864) 326-3333 for a free consultation with a member of our team. During your call, we can discuss how one of our slip and fall accident lawyers will represent you in Spartanburg.
Call or text 864-740-8653 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form