If you were crossing the street or walking down the sidewalk when a vehicle suddenly hit you, you may be entitled to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver or another liable party. You may also have the same right to sue if you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident.
Pedestrian accidents can result in severe injuries and even death for victims, which is why our team at Hammack Law Firm advocates for their rights and helps them pursue justice. If you would like to fight for compensation for your damages in Spartanburg, work with a pedestrian accident lawyer from our team. We can explain your legal options in a free consultation.
You May Be Entitled to Receive Compensation for Your Accident-Related Injuries
If you were a victim of a vehicle accident as a pedestrian, you may be entitled to receive compensation for various types of damages, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes expenses for emergency room care, surgeries, hospitalization, prescription medicines, doctor’s appointments, imaging exams, and other medical care.
- Property damage: If your property was damaged during the accident (e.g., your home fence), you may recover funds to repair or replace your damaged goods.
- Income loss: If you had to miss work because of your accident-related injuries, we can fight for compensation for those wages and benefits, including future income loss you might suffer if you are still recovering or are permanently injured.
- Pain and suffering: For many pedestrians, being hit by a vehicle can result in severe bodily injury, mental trauma, and other emotional distress. We can account for these injuries and assign a financial value that is fair to the pain you experienced.
- Permanent disability or disfigurement: If the accident permanently disabled you or caused a permanent change in your appearance, we can factor this into your compensation demands as well.
You may be entitled to other damages not listed here. Our team can review your case in a free consultation and explain this aspect of the litigation process in more detail.
At Hammack Law Firm, We Take on the Legal Burden of Building Your Case
If you suffered severe bodily injuries after being hit by a vehicle in Spartanburg, the idea of trying to follow through with filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit might not seem like a priority. However, when you work with a pedestrian accident lawyer from our team, you do not have to choose between focusing on your injuries or taking legal action.
Our team can help you prepare your case by performing the following legal services:
- Private investigation: While we will review the accident report filed by the police, our team may conduct a separate investigation to see if other information and evidence is available. This can help us identify who may be liable for your injuries, whether people witnessed the accident, and the level of damages you experienced.
- Legal casework: Filing a claim or lawsuit involves a significant amount of paperwork. We can prepare these legal forms and submit them on your behalf, then keep you updated on the progress of your case.
- Communications: The liable party’s insurance company or legal team may reach out for statements from you. You can choose to refer them to our team so that we can protect your case. We can also handle responses should they offer a settlement deal.
- Legal representation: Your case may settle out of court through an insurance settlement, which we can work to negotiate. However, should negotiations not go as planned, we are also prepared to take your case to court. During the trial, we can present your case and continue your fight toward compensation.
Throughout your case, we also offer to provide legal advice and guidance whenever you have concerns or questions about the litigation process, how fair a settlement offer is, and your legal options.
Our Team Helps Families Who Lost a Loved One in a Pedestrian Accident
When you’ve lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you might ask yourself if it is worth going through litigation to pursue compensation. While that is a personal question for families to decide, we want you to know that you do not have to go through this process alone.
Our team can review your case and identify which surviving family member has a right to pursue action on behalf of the decedent (your loved one). We can then manage your case entirely and seek fair compensation for the pain and suffering you’ve experienced. Some of our case results include:
- $525,000 settlement for the surviving family of an elder pedestrian who passed away after being hit by a truck in a restaurant parking lot
- $375,000 settlement for the surviving family of a victim who passed away after being run over by a backing vehicle
We care about our clients. If you and your family are still debating whether to file a wrongful death lawsuit, our team representatives can explain the pros and cons of litigation in a free consultation.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File Your Pedestrian Accident Case
There are a few deadlines to consider if you want to file a lawsuit about your or your loved one’s pedestrian accident:
- If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident: You generally have three years from the date of the accident to file your case, per S.C. Ann §15-3-530.
- If your loved one passed away in a pedestrian accident: You generally have three years from the date of their death to file the lawsuit, per S.C. Ann § 15-3-530(6).
- If the pedestrian accident involves a government entity: You generally have two years from the date of the accident to file, per S.C. Ann §15-78-110.
Failure to comply with any of these deadlines could result in a court judge dismissing your lawsuit, which would deprive you of being able to pursue compensation.
Our team can review the accident report to identify the liable party and appropriate deadline for your case. We can then take legal measures to file your case on time.
Contact the Attorneys on Our Team at Hammack Law Firm for a Free Case Evaluation
Call our law firm today at (864) 326-3333 for a free consultation with one of our representatives. We can explain your options for seeking compensation in Spartanburg and have you start working with a pedestrian accident lawyer from our team today.