With the nature of construction sites, many accidents can occur involving both workers and civilians. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a construction accident, you may be able to pursue compensation through:
- A workers’ compensation claim if you are a construction worker
- A personal injury claim or lawsuit if you do not work for the construction company that hosted the site
- A wrongful death claim or lawsuit if you are the surviving spouse, child, or parent of an individual who passed away in a construction accident
Our legal team at Hammack Law Firm can help you in any of the three situations mentioned. If you live in Spartanburg, South Carolina, we can have a Spartanburg construction accident lawyer assist you with your case. If you would like more information, our team offers free case reviews.
We Can Help You Decide Which Type of Claim or Lawsuit You Should File
People injured while working on a construction site may file workers’ compensation claims to recover lost income and medical expenses. Employers purchase workers’ compensation insurance to avoid getting sued.
However, what happens if you are not affiliated with a construction company? You may file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. In some cases, construction workers may also file a personal injury lawsuit if another party besides their employer is found liable for their injuries and damages. Liable third parties may include:
- A parts or machinery manufacturer
- A maintenance company
- A municipality
- A vehicle driver or their employer
Our team can review your case for free and help you identify your legal options, including who you should take action against.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 864-740-8653
We Can Explain Which Damages May Be Recoverable in Your Case
Workers’ compensation benefits and compensation won through personal injury cases are different, as workers’ compensation covers only certain damages. Below is a summary of damages you may be able to claim in your case.
Workers’ Compensation Cases
According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), there are four types of workers’ compensation benefits, which are based on the severity of your injuries:
- Permanent Total (PT) disability compensation
- Temporary Total (TT) disability compensation
- Permanent Partial (PP) disability compensation
- Temporary Partial (TP) disability compensation
You may be able to recover compensation for medical expenses and two-thirds of your average weekly wages. Each class of disability determines how long you may receive compensation for:
- If you qualify for PT or TT disability compensation, you may receive benefits for up to 500 weeks.
- If you qualify for PP or TP disability compensation, you may receive benefits for up to 340 weeks.
Our team can explain these topics in greater detail during your free consultation.
Personal Injury Cases
If you are building a personal injury case, you may pursue compensation for multiple damages, including:
- Medical treatment costs
- Property damage
- Current and future income loss, including benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Emotional anguish
- Reduced earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
A construction accident lawyer from our team serving Spartanburg can review your damages and explain which ones may entitle you to compensation.
Wrongful Death Cases
In tragic cases, construction accidents are fatal. If you are filing a case on behalf of a loved one who passed away from their construction accident injuries, you may pursue damages such as:
- Costs for funeral services, including burial or cremation costs
- Loss of financial income from your loved one
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship, love, and affection
Spartanburg Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Our Attorneys at Hammack Law Firm Will Manage Your Case Like You’re Family
If you read our Google reviews, you’ll find a series of positive remarks made by our former clients. We dedicate ourselves to fighting for the compensation victims need and deserve. We work hard to give our clients full-service treatment, which may include:
- Determining what kind of claim or lawsuit you should file based on who is liable in your case
- Reviewing the accident report for your case and investigating further
- Obtaining evidence on your behalf
- Handling communications with other parties involved in your case, such as an insurance company or another attorney
- Handling legal paperwork required of your case and submitting forms on your behalf
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf
- Presenting your case in court if necessary
Should you ever have questions about your case, our team will be available to you 24/7 once you become our client.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
What to Look for in a Construction Accident Attorney
When you’re seeking an attorney to handle your construction accident case, you may consider:
- The firm’s fee structure: If the firm doesn’t offer contingency fees, you may have to pay out of your pocket for legal help. Our firm does not require you to pay anything out of pocket.
- The firm’s practice areas: If construction accidents are not among a firm’s practice areas, you may want to consider a firm with more relevant experience.
- The firm’s track record in prior cases: It is reassuring for many clients when their lawyer has a record of success. Judgments, settlements, and insurance payouts may indicate a law firm’s capability.
- Client testimonials: Clients are often honest about a law firm’s services – for better or worse. Review a firm’s client testimonials to get firsthand reviews of a law firm.
- Your experience during your free consultation: A consultation is a direct interaction with a law firm. Whether this interaction is positive or negative may be a key factor in which law firm you choose.
Hammack Law Firm stands up to these tests. We have experience with construction accident cases, proven results, and positive reviews from our clients.
Who Should Hire an Attorney?
Anyone pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit should consider hiring an attorney. Claims and lawsuits can tax you physically, emotionally, and psychologically. Without a lawyer, you won’t just have to complete your case—you’ll need to present a successful case. This may be easier said than done.
Our firm will use all of our resources on your behalf. From investigators to experts and the ability to pay case-related costs, our firm will put our weight behind you. Meanwhile, you can focus on recovery or working through the loss of a loved one.
An attorney from our firm can be your most potent ally as you seek compensation for your losses. You’re not alone.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Case Results
Below are a few examples of settlements we have helped previous construction accident victims win:
- A $295,000 settlement for a victim who suffered multiple injuries after a hydraulic lift malfunctioned and blew them backward
- A $170,000 workers’ compensation settlement for a worker who suffered injuries after falling 16 feet through a roof
- A $100,000 workers’ compensation settlement for a worker who suffered pelvic fractures and other injuries after falling from a ladder at a jobsite
Client Reviews Tell the Story of Hammack Law Firm
Our former clients give you a firsthand view of how Hammack Law Firm will handle your case:
- “Absolutely the best attorney. [Paul Hammack] and his staff truly cared about my wife’s injuries after her workplace accident. He and his staff went above and beyond what I would’ve expected. Absolutely without questions I would refer him and I have done so already.” – Scott Opdyke, former client
- “Attorney Hammack and his team of professionals are absolutely wonderful. They were informative every step of the way by explaining the personal injury process. They worked tirelessly to ensure that I would be granted the largest settlement possible, and I was! They are a great law firm that I will recommend to anyone looking to be treated with dignity and respect.” – LaConda Moore, former client
- “Hammack Law Firm is a great choice. I would recommend them to anyone. The staff is great and the communication is excellent. Paul Hammack will get the job done!” – Tre Milford, former client
We strive for every client to have such positive experiences. We’ll seek a fair recovery on your behalf, and we’ll do so in a way that makes you feel valued.
Our Team Can Make Sure You Abide By Appropriate Deadlines in Your Case
Whether you file a workers’ compensation claim, personal injury lawsuit, or wrongful death lawsuit, there will likely be a deadline attached to your case. Our law firm can review your case to identify these deadlines and help you file appropriately.
Some general deadlines to consider include the following:
- S.C. Ann §15-3-530 dictates that you generally have three years from the date of the construction accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- S.C. Ann § 15-3-530(6) varies this deadline slightly if you are filing on behalf of a deceased loved one, in which case you generally have three years from their death to file.
- S.C. Ann § 42-15 dictates that you generally have 90 days to report your injury to your employer and then up to two years to file your workers’ compensation claim.
Failure to comply with any of these deadlines might result in being unable to pursue compensation. Our team will monitor your case and take proper measures to ensure we file within its deadline(s).
Call Now to Get a Free Consultation with Hammack Law Firm
Our attorneys at Hammack Law Firm work on a contingency-fee-basis. This is often a convenient system for clients pursuing compensation because they’re struggling with the resulting expenses of their construction accidents. We do not charge any fees unless we win your case, and we take our percentage out of your reward.
You can learn more about our fee agreement in a free consultation with one of our team representatives. Call Hammack Law Firm today at (864) 326-3333 to start working with a construction accident lawyer serving Spartanburg today.