It is not exactly a secret that texting while driving can cause car accidents. Taking your eyes off the road for any amount of time can lead to collisions and serious injuries. When you text while driving, you are more than just momentarily distracted—you can forget that you are driving entirely.
If you were hurt in an accident caused by a texting driver, you can seek the cost of your damages. Your claim or lawsuit could bring you financial recompense for all you have suffered.
If you need help with your case, a Spartanburg texting while driving accident lawyer at our firm is available. We can look into your car accident in Spartanburg to see whether texting (or any other form of distracted driving) played a part in the collision. Call Hammack Law Firm at 864-326-3333 to find out more information about the car accident claims process.
Injuries Caused by Texting and Driving Collisions
Texting while driving is illegal in the state of South Carolina, per S.C. Code § 56-5-3890. A driver who causes an accident because they were texting while driving can be held criminally and civilly liable for their actions.
When someone makes the decision to drive distracted, they put everyone around them in danger. Our firm believes that when a motorist makes the decision to text and drive, they should be held accountable for their actions.
You may be struggling from the following accident-related injuries:
- Broken bones. The long-lasting effects of a broken bone could prevent you from working. Some broken bones do not heal properly, leaving you with a permanent impairment.
- Organ damage. Damage to your vital organs could negatively affect your health and even shorten your lifespan. You may need an organ transplant or another surgical procedure to correct injuries caused by a car accident.
- Head trauma. Force to the head can result in brain damage and reduce your cognitive abilities. Your memories, personality, mood, and coordination can all be negatively affected by a head injury.
- Limb loss. Losing a limb could diminish your mobility and keep you from enjoying certain activities. You may find yourself unable to work the same job as you did before.
- Spinal cord injuries. Damage to the spinal column can bring about significant life changes for those who are severely injured. Partial or total paralysis could occur after a spinal cord injury, according to MedlinePlus.
If you have sustained an injury in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, a Spartanburg texting while driving accident lawyer at Hammack Law Firm may be able to help. We can look into your accident in an effort to find evidence that the driver was engaged in distracted driving. Call 864-326-3333 to reach our team now.
For a free legal consultation with a texting while driving accidents lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 864-326-3333
How a Spartanburg Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Your lawyer will take into account various factors of your case when considering how much compensation you will be able to recover. Aside from the financial cost of your losses, your lawyer will take into account the nature of your injuries, who was involved, and your quality of life to determine what constitutes a fair settlement offer. Calculating the cost of your expenses is just one of your lawyer’s duties.
They can also:
- Handle communications with the insurer. Your lawyer can represent you during the negotiations process and argue for a fair settlement offer. They can also advise you on what information you should and should not share with the insurer.
- Gather evidence of negligence. Your lawyer can subpoena the other driver’s cell phone records to determine if they were texting at the time of the crash. They can also review the police report, traffic surveillance footage, and eyewitness testimony to learn more about the accident.
- Represent you in court. If you cannot reach an agreement with the insurance company, then you have the option of going to court. Your lawyer can present your case in court and fight for the compensation you deserve. Keep in mind that you only have a limited time to file a lawsuit, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
- Keep you updated. Our team will keep you updated on your case as it develops. We can alert you to any settlement offers and explain what you can expect from the legal process.
These are just some of the tasks your lawyer will undertake on your behalf. We encourage you to reach out to Hammack Law Firm today.
Spartanburg Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
Monetary Compensation for a Spartanburg Car Accident
Through an insurance claim or lawsuit, you could be compensated for your monetary and non-monetary car accident damages. For instance, you could receive money intended to pay you back for any medical bills incurred due to your accident. You could also be paid for your suffering, physical pain, mental trauma, and other non-monetary damages you experienced.
Below is a list of compensable damages in a successful car accident case:
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your vehicle
- Lost income
- Mental distress
- The cost of physical therapy
- The cost of mental health services
- Impaired quality of life
- Permanent disability
You may be eligible to recover other types of damages not included here.
Speak with the Legal Team at Hammack Law Firm
After you have been hurt in an accident, you likely want justice. At Hammack Law Firm, we believe that you deserve it. While you cannot turn back time and stop the accident from happening, you can go after the party responsible for your resulting damages.
A Spartanburg texting while driving accident lawyer could help you achieve the successful outcome you are after. Call Hammack Law Firm at 864-326-3333 to discuss your legal options. Check out our Google reviews to get a sense of who we are and why we want to help you.
We want you to concentrate on recovering from your injuries while your lawyer focuses on getting you a just outcome. Get started today.
Our Client Bill of Rights offers a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee —no costs and no fees. We serve our Greenville clients in all areas of personal injury, including auto and motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and boating accidents.
To get started with our Greenville personal injury law firm, please simply contact us online or call 864-326-3333 for a free consultation.