Rear-ending another vehicle may be an indication that a driver was not paying proper attention, was following too closely, or engaged in some other form of unsafe driving. If you or a loved one was rear-ended, then the driver who struck you may be responsible for covering your losses. Under certain circumstances, additional parties could also be responsible for contributing to the cost of your losses.
Hiring a Spartanburg rear-end collision lawyer is an option that could benefit you in several ways. Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for a free consultation about our accident-related services.
A Lawyer Can Defend You After an Accident
You may begin benefitting from a lawyer’s services from the moment that you hire them. You may choose to call a law firm just after your rear-end collision, as they may be able to:
- Deal with insurance companies for you
- Inform you of relevant reporting requirements for accidents and injuries
- Refer you to medical professionals
- Help document your accident
- Protect you from any actions that could affect your eligibility for compensation
You can never call a legal professional too soon after an accident. They may be able to assist you in ways that you have not considered, but may realize upon retaining their services.
Insurance Can Be Tricky
You may face several issues related to an insurance claim after a rear-end collision. Note that, according to Yahoo! Finance, auto insurance companies collect hundreds of billions of dollars in revenues each year. They may have substantial resources which may not work in your interests.
Hiring a lawyer could help you defend your rights against any unsavory practices by insurers. Some of the issues that a lawyer may work to prevent include:
- Insurance companies unjustly assigning fault for your accident to you
- Insurance companies disputing the type and amount of losses you have suffered
- Insurance companies taking too long to assess your claim
- Insurance companies disputing your account of the accident
- Insurance companies claiming that some element of your accident voids coverage
- Insurance companies attempting to intimidate you with lawyers and other tactics
You should not have to fight or plead for compensation that you deserve, nor settle for less than you are entitled to. A lawyer will be your advocate in dealings with insurance companies, protecting your rights, and arguing your case for fair compensation—nothing less.
You may be entitled to coverage for multiple types of losses through your own or the at-fault party’s insurance policy. Some of those losses may include:
- Damage to your vehicle and other personal property
- The cost of emergency medical care
- The cost of ambulance transport
- The cost of hospitalization, surgery, and other accident-related medical costs
Your lawyer may be able to handle every possible aspect of your insurance claim. Their dealings with insurance companies may result in an insurance settlement covering your losses. If a fair settlement does not materialize, then your lawyer will likely speak with you about bringing a lawsuit in pursuit of the compensation you deserve.
A Spartanburg rear-end collision lawyer could take insurance-related issues out of your hands while defending your rights. Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 864-326-3333
A Lawyer May Help You Determine Why Your Accident Happened
Your lawyer may be most concerned with your health, and their next step may be getting to the bottom of why your rear-end collision occurred. Establishing the facts of your accident may allow them to determine who is at fault for your losses.
There are several possible reasons why a rear-end accident might happen. Some of those reasons include:
- A driver was following too closely to your vehicle
- A driver was speeding and unable to brake in time to avoid striking your vehicle
- A driver was intoxicated or on drugs at the time of your accident, which may have impaired their driving abilities
- A driver merged into your lane in a way that caused them to strike the rear end of your vehicle
- A driver was distracted at the time of your accident
- A driver made a dangerous or illegal maneuver, resulting in your rear-end collision
Pinpointing the precise cause of your accident may start your lawyer’s determination of liability. They may then establish which other parties aside from the driver, if any, are responsible for some aspect of your accident. Those parties could include:
- An employer of an at-fault motorist who was driving in a professional capacity
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer whose product malfunctioned
- A municipality responsible for dangerous road conditions present in your accident
You may have a case to receive compensation from more than one party, and your lawyer may help you pursue any awards that you are entitled to from all responsible parties.
You May Deserve Compensation
A rear-end collision may produce injuries that affect you in a significant way. Some injuries that may occur because of a rear-end collision are:
- Whiplash, which the Mayo Clinic cites as a possible result of rear-end collisions
- Broken bones
- Severe cuts and bruises
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Puncturing of internal organs
- Internal bleeding
The Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry details how symptoms of injuries such as whiplash can last for more than a year. Experiencing symptoms for this duration or longer could interrupt your life in several ways. You could be entitled to compensation for economic losses such as medical expenses and lost income, as well as noneconomic losses like pain and suffering.
A lawyer may help you fight for all compensation that you deserve. Our job is to handle your lawsuit for you while your job is to focus on recovery. Your health is the most important thing, and it is what our firm cares about the most.
Spartanburg Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
Call Hammack Law Firm Today
A Spartanburg rear-end collision lawyer may be able to defend you against insurance companies and pursue compensation on your behalf. Our team at Hammack Law Firm will treat you as family and make seeking justice for you our priority.
Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for a free consultation about your case.
Our Client Bill of Rights offers a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee —no costs and no fees. We serve our Greenville clients in all areas of personal injury, including auto and motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and boating accidents.
To get started with our Greenville personal injury law firm, please simply contact us online or call 864-326-3333 for a free consultation.