If you or a loved one was injured in a hit and run car accident, or if you lost a loved one to a hit and run accident, a Spartanburg hit and run accident lawyer may be able to assist with your case. An experienced law firm will be able to identify the responsible party by determining the breach of duty of care from the results of the hit and run accident. The negligence of the liable driver will be key in building up your case.
Let the team at Hammack Law Firm help with your hit and run accident case. Contact our office today by calling (864) 326-3333.
Further Information on Hit and Run Accidents
Both hit and run vehicle accidents and hit and run-associated fatalities are increasing year by year, according to the American Automobile Association (AAA). In some cases, hit and run accidents cause only property damage. However, they can be very dangerous and even deadly. For drivers who intentionally leave the scene of an accident, the penalties and fines can be steep. For those who cause fatalities in a hit and run accident, the consequences are even more severe.
Awards You May Be Able to Recover After a Hit and Run Accident
After a car accident that is determined to be the fault of the other driver, you may be eligible to file a claim for compensation for a variety of your losses. Here is a look at some of the various awards you may be able to collect:
- Medical expenses: if you were injured due to a hit and run accident, you may be able to collect awards for all of your medical expenses related to the accident. These awards may include all of your medical bills, including hospital bills, the costs associated with ongoing treatment, rehabilitation or physical therapy, and prescription medications, if needed.
- Loss of wages: if the accident has caused you to miss a considerable amount of time from work, or if you are unable to continue working in your previous capacity, you may be able to collect awards for your loss of income.
- Pain and suffering: pain and suffering extends to various aspects of your experience after an accident, and it can take into account the physical pain you have experienced, the emotional suffering you have taken on, and other aspects of distress the injuries may have caused in your day-to-day life.
- Wrongful death: if you lost a loved one as a result of a hit and run accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death case. Compensation in this regard may include coverage for costs associated with the funeral and burial, loss of consortium, loss of their future earnings, and others.
How a Car Accident Lawyer May Be Able to Help You
A Spartanburg hit and run accident lawyer may be able to provide a variety of services and types of support after an accident. Because their focus is fighting on your behalf and ensuring the responsible parties are held accountable for their negligence, they may be able to help with many aspects of your case. Here are some of the potential advantages of working with an attorney after a hit and run accident:
- Determining if you have a case: during your initial consultation with a legal professional from our team, we will evaluate the specifics of your case to determine the potential of your case and if we believe it is possible to successfully pursue a claim for compensation.
- Saving you time: in many instances, people are unsure of filing a claim for compensation because they are intimidated by how much time and effort they will have to exhaust. With the assistance of an attorney, your time will be freed up to focus on more important matters at hand, such as your recovery. Your attorney can manage all of the legal details, negotiations, and communications on your behalf.
- Paying nothing out of pocket: your attorney will most likely offer a payment structure that ensures you do not pay anything out of pocket for legal services and counsel. Most people are not financially equipped to hire lawyers and pay upfront fees after accidents that occur unexpectedly. As a result, when you work with Hammack Law Firm, you will pay no fees until we settle or win your case.
Call (864) 326-3333 today for your free consultation with Hammack Law Firm.
How We May Build a Case on Your Behalf
As stated by S.C. Ann. Code § 15-3-530, in South Carolina, you generally have a period of three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, so we will do everything in our power to ensure this deadline is met with regard to your case. Furthermore, here are some of the ways we will work on developing your case:
Investigating the Accident Details Thoroughly
We will investigate your accident in as detailed a manner as possible. Our intent will be to secure as much evidence as possible to show how the other driver not only caused the accident, but also failed to take responsibility by running from the scene. Evidence may include the police report, photos from the crash site, statements from witnesses, and any available surveillance footage.
Consulting with Experts
If necessary, we are prepared to seek out the counsel of various experts to help determine fault in the accident. We may work with an accident reconstruction specialist to help figure out the details of the crash and how it happened, as well as examine the roles of each driver at the time of the accident.
Providing an Estimate of Damages
Damages refer to the economic and noneconomic losses you have suffered from the accident. This may include such aspects as the time you have missed from work, resulting in loss of wages, to the various medical bills you have taken on, emotional damages such as pain and suffering, and perhaps even losing a loved one.
Contact the Team at Hammack Law Firm
If you would like more information about pursuing compensation after a hit and run accident, it may be helpful to discuss your case with a professional from the team at Hammack Law Firm. A Spartanburg hit and run accident lawyer may be able to fight for your rights and assist with your claim. To learn more, contact our team today at (864) 326-3333.