The outcome of a brain injury can be temporary or lifelong, and its costs can be overwhelming. If you or someone you love is coping with the effects of a brain injury that someone else’s negligence caused, we can help. A Spartanburg brain injury lawyer from our team will guide you through the legal or insurance processes. We will collect evidence to prove the at-fault party’s negligent actions and seek your financial recovery.
When Hammack Law Firm’s brain injury team fights for you, we define the consequences of your injuries and the psychological, emotional, and financial changes they have made to your life. We will also build your evidence file, assign a monetary figure to your recoverable damages, and fight for a fair settlement or judgment.
The High Costs of Treating a Brain Injury
Merck Manual research cites the following types of brain injuries:
- Brain bruises
- Intracranial hematoma
- Nerve cell damage
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Per Mayo Clinic, your treatment plan for a milder brain injury can range from pain management to seizure control. More serious cases can require surgery, rehabilitation, therapy to relearn skills, and ongoing medical support.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 864-740-8653
Damages You Could Recover After a Brain Injury
Medical expenses for a brain injury can encompass emergency treatment and future healthcare needs. You may face additional costs because of your injury, including:
- Current and future lost wages
- The expense of physical and psychological therapy
- Loss of future earning capacity
- The cost of any necessary in-home support
These losses are economic, as they generally have a clear, documented cost. Meanwhile, non-economic damages are less tangible, making them harder to value. As your legal team, we will help prove the value of these non-economic losses, which can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Mental distress
- Emotional trauma
Our team may use your bills, written prognoses, and testimony from medical and rehabilitative experts to support the value of your case. We make sure to include all injury-related expenses before assigning a final value to your case.
What Is My Brain Injury Case Worth?
Each brain injury case has a different value. We review clients’ circumstances individually to calculate an accurate case value. Your case value may generally depend on:
- The type of brain injury you’ve suffered
- The severity of your brain injury
- The types and duration of medical treatment you’ll require
- Whether your brain injury causes permanent harm
- The share of liability for your brain injury
- The full picture of damages caused by your brain injury
Brain injuries are serious by nature. An attorney from our firm will seek a settlement that reflects the seriousness of your injury. We aim to cover not just current damages, but also those that may arise in the future. Experts, including doctors, may help us determine the full value of your case.
Spartanburg Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
We’ll Make Sure to Meet the Statute of Limitations
If you or a loved one’s brain injury was the result of another person’s negligence, South Carolina generally allows you three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
The sooner our team becomes involved in your case, the more time we have to ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. Allowing the filing deadline to expire could mean:
- You will not be permitted to file your lawsuit; or
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without further review.
With sufficient notice, we can make sure your case is never at risk of either of these consequences. Acting quickly may also allow us to gather time-sensitive evidence and interview witnesses while their memories are clear.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Why Choose Our Firm to Handle Your Brain Injury Case?
When you decide to work with our team at Hammack Law Firm for your brain injury case, you get the personal touch of a small firm and the experience of a big firm.
Our team will:
- Identify the at-fault party and their degree of financial liability
- Communicate with the insurance companies
- Obtain and review your medical records
- Hire any experts your case requires
We may work with insurers to resolve your case with a financial settlement. We are also prepared to settle directly with defendants or go to trial.
Do I Really Need a Lawyer for a Brain Injury Case?
You can always choose whether to hire a lawyer for your case. Anyone with a brain injury (or representing a loved one with a brain injury) should consider what a brain injury case requires. Your case may:
- Require extensive research of legal procedures: You may need to file extensive legal paperwork, address the courts, file motions, and engage in other legal proceedings. You may need to learn procedures, terminology, and other information related to your case. Meanwhile, an attorney from our firm already has such legal knowledge and training.
- Require extensive research of medical issues: This is a brain injury case, so you should ask yourself: how much do you know about brain injuries? You may need to research complex medical topics even if you plan to hire experts to help with your case.
- Require you to hire experts with your own money: Trying a brain injury case without qualified experts may be difficult. Defendants in your case may have experts on their side, and you may want to present your expert testimony. However, experts cost money. Without a lawyer, you may pay out of pocket to hire your experts.
- Take time away from your recovery and other responsibilities: A brain injury case isn’t something you can work on leisurely. You will likely face sensitive deadlines, and therefore your case may need to take priority in your life. The urgent nature of your case may detract from your recovery and other important responsibilities in your life.
If you’re wondering whether you really need a lawyer for your case, consider the realities of a legal case. And while handling a brain injury case is consuming enough, your goal is to win your case – this is even more difficult.
Our firm offers experience, a robust staff, and the ability to pay for all case-related costs. We encourage you to take us up on this offer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Take a Client-Centered Approach to Your Case
Whether you or a loved one’s brain injury was the result of a fall, a collision, or another negligence-based accident, our team will lead your fight for recovery. We do so with kindness, compassion, and patience by:
- Treating you like a friend
- Bringing a sensitive approach to the formal legal process
- Building your case with sustained effort and attention to detail
Our law firm’s mission is to help by building personal relationships with every client we represent while making South Carolina safe for all. To meet those goals, our personal injury attorneys assign financial liability to negligent parties and seek monetary recoveries for each injured client we represent.
Our Client Reviews Speak for Us
Our Google reviews and testimonials are an important part of our client experience because they reveal how previous clients feel about our firm. A few of our past clients say:
- “Professional and friendly… They will not make false promises and will guide you through the entire process.” – John Scull
- “I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a firm that fights for its clients (family)!!” – Ingrid Hines-Nesmith
- “Just wanted to share my experience with this law firm… I felt like I was at home from the minute I walked into the door.” – Eddie Mills
- “Anytime I needed you, you were there. You guys did an amazing job. Thank you so much.” – Sha Ladson
- “Great firm! Entire staff was nothing but caring and helpful. Paul H. and Ms. Lynn are the best you can have in your corner!! Highly recommend.” – Queen Lilee
You do not have to take our word for how hard we fight for injured clients or how we treat them like family. You can browse our reviews and online testimonials to hear accounts from clients.
Get a Free Brain Injury Case Consultation Today
Brain injuries can take a toll on you and your family. Our brain injury lawyers seek to relieve your family’s financial burden by holding at-fault parties responsible for their negligence. Our representation will allow you to focus on your recovery and get back to your family and loved ones.
Contact one of our Hammack Law Firm team members representing clients in Spartanburg by calling (864) 326-3333. Start fighting for your compensation with a free case assessment. Remember that your case may have rigid deadlines, so don’t wait to call us.