The outcome of a brain injury can be temporary or lifelong, and its costs can be overwhelming. If you or someone you love is coping with the aftermath of a brain injury that someone else’s negligence caused, we can help. Our Spartanburg brain injury lawyer will guide you through seeking compensation. We will collect evidence to prove the at-fault party’s negligent actions and your right to financial recovery.
When Hammack Law Firm’s brain injury team fights for you, we define the consequences of your injuries and the psychological, emotional, and financial changes they have made to your life. We also build your evidence file, assign a monetary figure to your recoverable damages, and fight for a fair settlement or court award.
The High Costs of Treating a Brain Injury
Brain injuries from an accident can take many forms. Merck Manual research cites the following types of brain injuries:
- Brain bruises
- Intracranial hematoma
- Nerve cell damage
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Per Mayo Clinic, your treatment plan can range from pain control to seizure control for a mild brain injury. More serious cases can require surgery, rehabilitation, therapy to learn coping skills, and even ongoing medical support.
Damages You Could Recover in the Aftermath of a Brain Injury
Medical expenses for a brain injury can encompass emergency treatment and future healthcare needs. Including your treatment plan’s known and anticipated costs, economic damages after a brain injury are easily measurable and calculated. Examples include:
- Current and future lost wages
- Physical and psychological therapy
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Necessary in-home support
These typically include documentation that explains their costs. Meanwhile, non-economic damages are more intangible, making them harder to measure. As your legal team, we help you prove the value of these subjective losses, which can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Mental distress
- Emotional trauma
Our team uses your bills, written prognosis, and testimony from medical and rehabilitative experts to understand the value of your case. We make sure to uncover and include all injury-related expenses before assigning a value to your case or entering the settlement negotiation phase.
We Make Sure to Meet the Statute of Limitations
If your or a loved one’s brain injury was the result of another person’s negligence, the state generally gives you three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
The sooner you get our team involved in your case, the more time we have to ensure your compliance with the statute of limitations. Allowing the filing deadline to expire could mean:
- You will not be permitted to file your lawsuit; or
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without further review.
With sufficient notice, we make sure your case is never at risk of either of these consequences. Sufficient notice also means we have investigative time to identify time-sensitive evidence and interview witnesses while their memories are vivid.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 864-326-3333
Why Choose Our Firm to Handle Your Brain Injury Case
When you select our brain injury lawyer for representation, you get the personal touch of a small firm and the experience of a big firm. At Hammack Law Firm, we strive to ensure you feel the warmth of our supportive team serving clients in Spartanburg and the responsiveness that ensures you feel heard.
So that you can focus on recuperating, we will:
- Identify the at-fault party and their financial liability
- Communicate with the insurance company
- Read and review your medical records
- Hire any expert consultants your case requires
We aim to work with the insurer to resolve your case with a financial settlement wherever possible. If that cannot be accomplished, we conduct depositions and discovery sessions and fight for you in court.
We Take a Client-Centered Approach to Your Case
Whether your or a loved one’s brain injury was the result of a fall, a collision, or another negligence-based accident, our team will lead your fight for recovery. We do so with kindness, compassion, and patience. In fact, our service includes:
- Treating you like our friend or loved one
- Bringing a sensitive approach to a formal legal process
- Building your case with time and attention to detail
Our law firm’s mission is to help by building personal relationships with every client we represent while making South Carolina safe for all. To meet those goals, our personal injury attorneys assign financial liability to negligent parties and seek monetary recovery for every injured client we represent.
Our Client Reviews Speak for Us
Our Google reviews and testimonials are an important part of our client experience because they reveal how previous clients feel about our firm. A few of our past clients say:
- “Professional and friendly…They will not make false promises and will guide you through the entire process.” — John Scull
- “I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a firm that fights for its clients (family)!!” — Ingrid Hines-Nesmith
- “Just wanted to share my experience with this law firm… I felt like I was at home from the minute I walked into the door.” — Eddie Mills
- “Anytime I needed you, you were there. You guys did an amazing job. Thank you so much.” — Sha Ladson
- “Great firm! Entire staff was nothing but caring and helpful. Paul H. and Ms. Lynn are the best you can have in your corner!! Highly recommend.” — Queen Lilee
You do not have to take our word for how hard we fight for injured clients or how much we treat them like family. You can browse our reviews and online testimonials to hear more about our team from clients just like you.
Spartanburg Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
Get a Free Brain Injury Case Review Immediately
Brain injuries can take a toll on you and your family. Our brain injury lawyer seeks to relieve your family’s financial burden by holding the at-fault party financially responsible for this negligence.
Contact one of our Hammack Law Firm team members representing clients in Spartanburg by calling 864-326-3333. Start fighting for your compensation with a free case assessment.