While there are various recreational activities to do out in South Carolina’s waterways, enjoying the water can also mean risking your safety. If you or someone you love was hurt in a boating or water-based activity, a Spartanburg boat accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm is here for you. You may be able to claim compensation for your losses.
We will conduct a free consultation with you to discover the key details of your case and see how we can help. You may be able to recovery damages while holding the liable party accountable.
Should I Hire an Attorney for My Spartanburg Boat Accident Claim?
If a boating accident resulted in bodily harm or property damage to your boat, personal watercraft, or dock, you may want to call a boat accident lawyer in Spartanburg. You might consider reaching out to an attorney if your injuries required emergency medical care, surgery, diagnostic testing, or rehabilitation.
For a free legal consultation with a boat accidents lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 864-326-3333
Boat Accident Cases We Handle
There are South Carolina state regulations for operating on the water. Still, several boating and water sport activities can lead to serious injury or property damage. Our boat accident attorneys can help you with many of them if another person’s carelessness or recklessness caused them. The cases we handle include:
- Intoxicated boating accidents
- Distracted boating accidents
- Boat collisions
- Jet ski accidents and injuries
- Drowning due to harm from a watercraft
- Water skiing injuries
- Divers, snorkelers, swimmers hit by boats and other vessels
- Fishing accidents
- Propeller injuries
Spartanburg Boat Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
Our Firm Takes the Pressure of Your Case Off You
With decades of legal experience and personal dedication to your case, we will work to secure you the compensation you deserve. The physical and mental stress of your injuries is enough – you shouldn’t have to worry about how you’re going to pay your bills or fight a potential legal battle. Recovering and returning to your family in the best possible condition is your priority. Handling your case is ours.
We’ll file your case within the three-year statute of limitations, as S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 outlines. We take care of the stressful work by:
- Handling paperwork for your personal injury insurance claim
- Investigating the cause of your boat accident
- Figuring out the at-fault and/or liable parties
- Retrieving case-supporting records and evidence
- Communicating with the negligent parties, insurance company, witnesses, and police
- Negotiating a fair settlement where possible
- Preparing and filing court documents
- Representing you at trial
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
We Demand the Full Compensation You Deserve from Insurance Companies
Our personal injury attorneys will assist you with your insurance claim. Insurance companies are built to pay out as little as possible. Without proper legal counsel, you may end up inadvertently waiving your rights to the full amount of monetary compensation you are owed.
Having a legal advocate on your side who is an insurance insider like the boat accident lawyers at our firm gives you an advantage.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Assess Your Recoverable Boating Accident Damages
Our boat accident lawyer serving Spartanburg will figure out how much your case is worth as they guide your case for compensation. First, we consider your financial losses. You may be able to recover damages like:
- Medical bills (past and ongoing)
- Continuing medical care
- Lost income for missing work
- Diminished earning capacity
- Damaged boat, equipment, or other property
- Additional out-of-pocket costs
Our total approach to seeking justice for your injuries means we also look for any psychological or emotional harm you suffered. You may be able to receive compensation for:
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Ongoing physical pain
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Other pain and suffering
Can I Afford a Spartanburg Boat Accident Lawyer?
There is no upfront charge for our legal services in boat accident lawsuits or other personal injury claims and cases. Our lawyers receive a contingency fee, which we receive only if we recover financial compensation for you via a settlement or court judgment.
Boating Laws in South Carolina
Knowing South Carolina’s boating laws keeps you stay safe and can help your case.
You May Have to File a Report for Your Boat Accident in Spartanburg
Boat or water-related accidents require an official report under specific circumstances in South Carolina. Operators of any aquatic vessel must make a report to the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) if any of the following take place:
- Someone dies
- Someone loses consciousness
- Serious injuries requiring medical treatment beyond first aid
- Damage to property more than an amount that the U.S. Coast Guard sets
As with other accidents, such as car accidents and slip and falls, people whose boating accidents result in injury should report them to the local authorities. A report can be critical support in your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Liable Parties in South Carolina Boat Accidents
Per S.C. Ann. § 50-21-120, the owner is liable for the damage or injury sustained during the operation of their boat or another vessel if the boat’s operator is at fault for the accident. An exception to this is if an individual or entity rented the boat or vessel from a boat livery (rental) company.
In that case, any damage or injury resulting from an operator’s negligent behavior is their financial responsibility, not the rental company. In other cases, an accident may be due to equipment failure or defect, so the manufacturer may be liable.
Illegal Behavior That Can Cause Boat Accident Injuries
In our commitment to the safety of the people of Spartanburg and surrounding areas, our firm will hold the liable party responsible for their negligence. South Carolina expressly prohibits certain behavior on the water. You may have a valid boat accident lawsuit or claim if you were hurt while the liable party was acting illegally. Some of these actions include:
- Speeding within 50 feet of a person in the water, an anchored vessel, or a vessel fastened to a fixed object
- Operating a vessel within 50 feet of another vessel displaying a flag to indicate a diver is below the water.
- Diving within 50 feet of a boat when someone is fishing
- Operating a boat or other vessel with a motor or sail under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Blocking a pier, dock, ramp, or access area
- Using a watercraft or water device, such as a boat, jet ski, surfboard, water ski, windsurfer, or raft in a prohibited area
Contact Hammack Law Firm for a Free Case Evaluation
You should not have to pay the cost of your injuries or losses from a boating accident that someone else caused. A Spartanburg boat accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm is here to stand up for your rights and protect your interests.
Reach us today by calling (864) 326-3333 for a free case evaluation. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can start reviewing your legal options with you.