If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident in South Carolina, a lawyer from our firm can help you get the compensation you deserve. You should not be stuck paying unexpected bills caused by someone else’s negligence.
Compensation paid by the liable party’s insurance company can help you pay your regular bills and accident-related bills. This can take a big weight off your shoulders during a stressful time.
How Our Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
At Hammack Law Firm, we have seen firsthand the devastating impact that a truck accident can have. We can provide you with a lawyer to fight for fair compensation and hold the liable party accountable, making South Carolina safer for everyone.
As our Google reviews attest, our lawyers handle each case with “elegance and efficiency,” because we want each client to receive a “very fair settlement.” Here is how we work:
- First, we explain your options: We can walk you through the potential challenges of filing a lawsuit and what may be the best way forward in your case.
- Next, we prepare your case: This involves collecting evidence like police reports and eyewitness testimony, as well as quantifying how much each of your injuries may be worth.
- Finally, we present your case: Our first stop will probably be the negotiating table. It is usually quicker and easier to get a settlement than to go through a trial. However, if the insurance company does not offer an appropriate settlement, we are more than willing to represent you in the courtroom.
Throughout this process, we stay in touch with our clients frequently, ensuring they:
- Know what is happening: We will let you know when there are important developments in the case.
- Can make legal decisions: By reviewing the pros and cons of all available options, you can make the best possible choices for you and your family.
- Have the chance to ask questions: We take all the time our clients need to ensure they understand and are comfortable with the legal process.
How much does our representation cost? You will not pay any attorney’s fees up front. We work on a contingency-agreement basis, which means that we take an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement as payment. If we do not win your case, then we do not charge you for our services.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving South Carolina, call 864-740-8653
Damages You Can Seek
Whether you file a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit, you must do so within three years of the event (the accident or your loved one’s death). You can find this deadline in S.C. Ann § 15-3-530.
What types of damages might you be eligible for? Per S.C. Ann § 15-32-210, available damages could include both economic (monetary) and non-economic (physical and psychological) damages, such as:
- A temporary decrease in wages due to an inability to work
- A permanent decrease in wages due to chronic injuries that keep you from working as much as before
- The loss of the job you had pre-accident
- The loss of the ability to do any type of work at all
- Medical bills stemming from accident-related injuries and/or mental illness
- Repair bills stemming from accident-related damage to your vehicle, including the cost of buying a new vehicle if yours was beyond repair
- Any other costs incurred because of the accident (e.g., a babysitter or a dog walker, if you did not use such services before)
- Negative changes in your public reputation
- Negative changes in your relationship with your spouse
- Physical and emotional suffering stemming from the accident and the resulting injuries
- Decrease in quality of life due to inability to engage in enjoyable hobbies or to live independently
- The loss of one or more body parts or functions, including intellectual disability
The damages listed above may apply in both personal injury and wrongful death cases. If you are filing a wrongful death suit, you may also qualify to receive compensation based on:
- Bills stemming from laying your loved one to rest according to their final wishes
- Bills stemming from settling your loved one’s estate
- The loss of your loved one’s presence in your life
We can help you file a personal injury case or a wrongful death case.
South Carolina Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Evidence We May Seek
The first thing we do for each client is listen to what happened to them and determine if there is a viable case, all at no cost to them.
Still, as valuable as your testimony is, the liable party’s insurance company is unlikely to be swayed by your word alone. To build the strongest possible case, we will need to search for and extract evidence from:
- Surveillance cameras: If a security camera caught the accident on film, we can request the footage and review it.
- Eyewitnesses: We can figure out if anyone saw the accident happen and is available to write a statement or testify in court.
- Expert witnesses: We can seek out individuals with relevant expertise and ask them to produce a statement to support the case.
- Accident reports: Police records may contain invaluable information, such as confirmation of the liable party’s involvement in the accident.
- Medical records: Records from the doctors you visited can show the accident caused your injuries and that you received treatment for which you deserve reimbursement.
Such evidence may not last forever. It could end up being:
- Deleted: The owners of photos and video footage probably will not keep it forever.
- Forgotten: Eyewitness recollection may become less reliable as time passes.
- Unavailable: Both eyewitnesses and expert witnesses might be busy and require plenty of advance notice to provide statements.
The sooner we can get to work on your case, the more likely it is that we will be able to find the evidence necessary to get you the appropriate compensation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Let Us Evaluate Your Case
A truck accident lawyer with Hammack Law Firm may be able to help you with your South Carolina case. To get started, all you have to do is call our office at (864) 326-3333. Members of our team are standing by to review your case at no charge, and we charge no attorney’s fees until we win.