Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) can drastically change a person’s life, especially if they are left with partial or total paralysis. The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC) reports that nearly 18,000 SCI cases occur each year in the United States and the average medical expenses in the first year alone range from $379,698 to $1,163,425, depending on the severity of the injury.
If you or a loved one is the victim of a SCI in Seneca, South Carolina, the personal injury team at Hammack Law Firm wants to represent your case. A Seneca spinal cord injury lawyer from our team can manage your case and help you stand up against the party or parties liable for your spinal cord injury.
Our Attorneys Help SCI Victims in Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
Spinal cord injuries are not exclusive to one type of accident. This physical trauma can occur in a variety of situations, from automobile accidents to slip and fall accidents. As such, our law firm extends our services to different practice areas of personal injury law to help those with SCIs fight for the compensation they need.
Our Seneca spinal cord injury lawyers with cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Garbage truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- And more
If your injury occurred in an accident that is not listed above, we can still review your case. We offer free consultations to all SCI victims to determine if we can represent you and hold the appropriate party liable for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Seneca, call 864-740-8653
Fight for Compensation for Your Medical Damages
The NSCISC reached its estimates for first-year medical costs for spinal cord injuries by observing health care and living expenses for SCI patients. They also provided estimates for the average cost of medical expenses each subsequent year. These estimates include:
- For patients with high tetraplegia (paralysis from the neck down): $1,163,425 for the first year and $202,032 each subsequent year
- For patients with low tetraplegia: $840,676 for the first year and $123,938 each subsequent year
- For patients with paraplegia (paralysis from the waist down): $567,011 for the first year and $75,112 each subsequent year
- For patients who retain some level of motor functionality: $379,698 for the first year and $46,119 each subsequent year
The average overall lifetime cost for SCIs ranged between $1,217,266 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the SCI and at what age the victim sustained the injury.
A spinal cord injury lawyer from Hammack Law Firm can review your current medical costs and estimate future costs to reach a value for your total medical expenses. This estimate will likely factor in costs for surgical procedures, emergency room care, physical therapy, and other care services – all of which your demand letter will detail to the liable party.
Seneca Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Other Damages That May Qualify for Compensation in Your SCI Case
While pursuing compensation for medical costs is always a priority, our team also understands the overall impact that losing spinal cord function can have on a person’s life. A SCI can prevent you from returning to your career, taking care of loved ones, participating in activities you once enjoyed, and more.
We want to account for this financial, physical, and emotional impact when calculating the value of your case because we believe in having your full story heard. Other damages we might demand compensation for on your behalf include:
- Current and future income loss
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability due to paralysis
- Physical disfigurement if your spinal cord cannot be repaired
- Other forms of disfigurement, such as scarring or burns
- Emotional distress, including psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Diminished quality of life
Your spinal cord injury lawyer may suggest compensable damages that are not listed above based on your lifestyle before the accident and your financial, physical, and emotional demands now that you have an SCI.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
We Treat Our Clients Like Family and Work Hard to Protect Their Legal Interests
Previous clients have praised us in our Google reviews, noting our efforts to get close to our clients and treat them with respect. When it comes to customer service, we want you to know that we hear you and want to help you. This is why we always try to respond to our clients’ calls as soon as possible and provide transparent advice about their cases.
Our services range from investigative work to legal representation as we guide our clients through each step of the litigation process. Some of our services include:
- Investigating how your SCI occurred so we can identify who may be liable for your injuries and damages
- Collecting evidence to support your argument against the liable party or parties
- Contacting witnesses who might have seen the accident take place (e.g., a business owner on Easley Bridge Road who witnessed the accident or has video footage can provide testimony)
- Responding to messages you receive from other parties, including insurance company representatives
- Attending negotiation meetings to work out a settlement deal for you
- Appearing in court to present your case in front of a jury and advocate for your compensation
- Providing legal counsel whenever you need information to help you decide about your case
Our legal team will also handle all paperwork and other administrative duties, so your case can be ready for submission by South Carolina’s statutory deadline as described in S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Learn How a Seneca Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Move Forward with Your Case
If you or a loved one were involved in an accident and suffered a spinal cord injury, you may qualify to receive compensation for your medical expenses and other damages. A personal injury lawyer from Hammack Law Firm can handle your case and serve as your representative while pursuing compensation on your behalf. When you work with our team, we treat you like family – so you can rest and recover knowing that we are advocating for you.
Call (864) 326-3333 today for a free consultation with one of our team members.