If you or a family member was injured as a pedestrian in Seneca, South Carolina, you may be eligible to recover damages in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, you may be able to hold them legally accountable for the resulting losses.
Our pedestrian accident lawyer serving Seneca can investigate what happened, determine the liable party or parties, and file an injury claim on your behalf. You should not have to bear the financial burden of an accident someone else caused. The legal team of Hammack Law Firm is here to fight for the fair settlement you need to move forward.
Proving Liability in a South Carolina Pedestrian Accident Case
The first step to building a pedestrian accident case is to prove the other person is liable for your damages and losses. Under South Carolina law, all drivers have a duty of care to keep you and other pedestrians safe from harm. An attorney from our firm will prove the following:
- Duty of care:The at-fault party had a duty of care to keep you and others safe from harm on the road.
- Breach of duty:The at-fault party breached that duty when they acted negligently or recklessly, causing harm.
- Causation: That breach of duty caused your injuries.
- Damages:As a result, you suffered injuries and other losses.
What Our Firm can Do to Build a Strong Case on Your Behalf
After choosing to hire an attorney from Hammack Law Firm to represent you in a Seneca pedestrian accident case, our team will do the following for you:
- Gather evidence, such as the police report, your medical records, eyewitness statements, photographs, and any surveillance video of the accident scene and your injuries
- Identify all liable parties, such as the driver, their employer if they were on the job, or vehicle manufacturer if a mechanical flaw or defect caused the accident
- Handle all communications with the defendant’s attorney, the insurance companies, etc.
- Negotiate with the insurance company if the insurance adjuster offers you a lowball settlement that does not cover your current and future damages
- Keep you updated on the case as new developments occur
A lawyer from Hammack Law Firm familiar with pedestrian accident cases in Seneca can handle the case from start to finish while you focus on healing.
Recoverable Damages You May Receive in a Pedestrian Accident Case
You may still be in the hospital or at home recovering and unable to go to work due to accident-related injuries. As part of the injury claim, you could recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. There are two types of damages you may be eligible to receive: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are actual financial losses you have endured because of the accident. They include:
- Current and future medical expenses, such as hospital stays, procedures, rehabilitation, assistive medical devices, or prescription medicines
- Lost income, due to time missed from work going to doctor’s appointments
- Reduced earning capacity if you can no longer perform your current job duties due to accident-related injuries
- Property damage, such as the cost of any personal property damaged or destroyed in the accident
Noneconomic damages are the emotional losses you have endured as a result of the accident. They include:
- Pain and suffering if you can no longer perform daily activities you once did without pain, such as cooking dinner or doing laundry
- Mental anguish if you require counseling or medication for anxiety, depression, or insomnia since the accident
- Permanent scarring or disability if accident-related injuries have left your appearance altered, or now you walk with a limp
Allow our pedestrian accident lawyer to determine a value for all of your damages and pursue a fair settlement on your behalf.
What Our Clients Have to Say About Us
At Hammack Law Firm, we treat our clients as we would our own friends and family. Many of them feel compelled to leave positive Google reviews about the service they received. Here are just a few examples:
- “I was very pleased with the quality of work and the outcome of my case. I felt they were genuinely wanting to do what was in my best interest.” – Tara Richter
- “I highly recommend Hammack Law Firm. Paul has a unique background working for insurance companies, so he knows their playbook. I am confident he will get you the best results if you are having to fight for payment against an insurance company in a personal injury case.” – Joanna Reese
- “No glitzy stuff. Just honest people doing right by their clients. Lynn is a HOOT! and the most helpful and sweetest person on the planet. Paul is straight up and looks out for his clients. I recommend them both highly.” – John Scull
We want to make South Carolina a safer place for everyone. A lawyer from our firm who handles pedestrian accident cases in Seneca can get started on your case right away.
Do not Delay in Reaching Out to Our Attorneys Today
Keep in mind that you have a limited time to file a personal injury case in civil court. According to S.C. Ann §15-3-530, you have three years from the date of the accident to file a claim or lawsuit. If you miss this statutory deadline, a judge will most likely dismiss the case and your chance to collect compensation.
So do not delay. Call to discuss the case with a team member of Hammack Law Firm today. The call is free, and there is no obligation. Call us today to start the journey to justice.