If a nursing facility’s neglect harmed someone you love, we can help you seek financial damages from the liable party. The Seneca nursing home neglect lawyer at Hammack Law Firm will help you request compensation for their medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Every civil case is different, so yours may involve other recoverable economic and non-economic damages. We go over every detail of your case and collect supporting evidence for you. While you focus your attention on your loved one, we will focus on preparing your case, dealing with the insurance company on your behalf, and negotiating for a favorable financial settlement. You can start exploring your legal strategy during a free consultation today.
Our Seneca Nursing Home Neglect Team Is on Your Side
When we represent victims of nursing home neglect and their families, we do so with compassion and empathy. We ensure you get the personalized attention of a small law firm with the experience and results of a big one. We will:
- Handle all insurance claim forms and information requests
- Conduct an independent and thorough investigation
- Obtain, read, and review nursing home and medical records
- Interview nursing home residents and staff members
We also represent you on a contingency basis so that you can fight for your loved one with no upfront costs or fees. We only recover payment when you do. If you do not win your case, we will not charge you any attorney’s fees.
We Build Personal Relationships with Our Clients
Providing client-focused representation and fighting for financial recovery is our mission for every one of our clients. Our team will treat you like we do our friends and family, personalize your legal experience, and give your case the time and attention it requires. Our mission is also to make South Carolina’s nursing homes safe so that senior residents and their families have invaluable peace of mind.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home neglect lawyer serving Seneca, call 864-740-8653
Discover the Difference at Hammack Law Firm
Nursing home abuse victims and their families deserve kind, compassionate legal representation. In our Google reviews and on our website’s reviews page, past clients share the following:
- “I was more than pleased with Hammack Law Firm. Mari was always there when I called or sent a text…Paul was awesome. Super nice staff, great service, very quick settlement. I have zero complaints and would 100% use again.” – Deku
- “I found the Hammack Law Firm through Google and because of the reviews I decided to contact them for legal representation…I am so happy and truly satisfied for the outcome…[They] truly treat you like family and they go over and beyond to look out for you.” – Jasmyn Rose
- “My husband wanted an attorney that would be able to assist his needs…then we stumbled across Paul’s firm…They were able to assist him…getting him everything that he needed. I want to thank them for all of their time and knowledge.” – Nydajah Hayes
Your experience with our firm is important. We ensure you get warm, supportive help and legal guidance while treating you like we would treat our own friends and family members.
Seneca Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
We Must Prove the Seneca Nursing Home Neglected Your Loved One
Unlike outright abuse, which can leave clear signs of its existence on your loved one, neglect can be more challenging to spot. The National Consumer Voice For Quality Long-Term Care cites the following definitions and examples of nursing home neglect:
- Improper positioning that leads to bedsores and muscle contractions
- Lack of hygienic care that leads to incontinence and skin damage
- Inconsistent support to ensure proper eating and nutrition
- Lack of or limited mobility support or access to needed mobility devices
- Limited interaction with fellow residents or disinterest in normal activities
If you notice ignored calls or unattended residents during your phone calls or visits, this could also be a sign that your loved one is dealing with neglect or an understaffed nursing home.
When we manage your case, our Seneca nursing home neglect lawyer thoroughly investigates the nursing home and its staff. Our team also makes sure we collect the evidence that proves the neglect that took place, its cause, and your case’s value. We never stop fighting for you or negotiating for a settlement on your behalf.
Assessing the Costs of Your Recoverable Damages
Nursing home neglect can lead to many short- and long-term follow-up care and expenses. Your elderly loved one might require counseling and other support to deal with the psychological trauma of neglect. In addition to requesting compensation for the cost of restoring their mental health, we also help you request:
- Required medical treatments
- Mental and emotional distress
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Treatment-related travel costs
Our team will collect evidence of your loved one’s neglect and evidence of the cost of their neglect-related expenses. We also carefully calculate the value of your case to ensure we drive settlement negotiations in the right direction.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
The Importance of Complying with South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
In South Carolina, every civil case has a statute of limitations. It defines how much time you have to file your lawsuit before it is too late. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you generally have up to three years to file your lawsuit. If the statute of limitations expires:
- You cannot file your lawsuit.
- The court will dismiss your lawsuit without hearing it.
- You will have no legal avenue for seeking compensation
On your own, it can be challenging to pinpoint the date of the neglect. Our legal team will help you identify the date and comply with the statute of limitations, which can protect your right to seek compensation in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Free Case Consultation Any Time
If your elderly parent or spouse was a victim of negligent treatment in their senior care facility in Seneca, South Carolina, you have legal options. Our nursing home neglect lawyer will help you fight for financial compensation. Call Hammack Law Firm at (864) 326-3333 today to start your free consultation.
Call or text 864-740-8653 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form