According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), aggressive driving is using a vehicle in a way that puts or is likely to put others in danger. Aggressive driving includes a wide number of possible reckless motorist behaviors, as well as certain failures to take precautionary measures.
Motorists who drive aggressively or recklessly willingly put others at risk of harm, and they may be held financially responsible for any damage that results from their negligent actions.
If you or a loved one were injured by an aggressive driver, a Seneca aggressive driving accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm may be able to represent you in an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333.
The Different Forms of Aggressive Driving
Drivers who do not take the risks that motor vehicles pose seriously may show their lack of care through the way that they drive. Operating a motor vehicle in an aggressive manner can put other motorists, passenger occupants, and pedestrians at risk of being injured or killed because of a collision.
Aggressive driving may include:
- Speeding or racing
- Tailgating, the term given to driving dangerously closely behind other vehicles
- Failing to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles at all times
- Changing lanes with little clearance or without using a turn signal
- Making illegal turns, sometimes without adequate clearance between oncoming vehicles
- Failing to abide by yield signs, red lights, and stop signs
- Passing when it is illegal to do so
- Driving on prohibited portions of the roadway
Other reckless or unsafe behaviors that put a motorist and others at a heightened risk of being in a collision may also qualify as aggressive driving.
For a free legal consultation with a aggressive driving accidents lawyer serving Seneca, call 864-514-8192
Your Lawyer Can Identify Those Who Caused Your Accident
A Seneca aggressive driving accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm can identify who may be legally responsible for your accident and the specific reasons why those parties are liable when we represent you.
In the case of a negligent defendant, Hammack Law Firm may prove their liability by:
- Showing that the defendant owed you a duty of care, which generally is a mandate to obey traffic laws when operating a motor vehicle
- Proving that the defendant breached their duty of care to you by driving aggressively or by violating some form of traffic rule
- Establishing the link between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and your accident
- Demonstrating the damages this accident caused you
By completing these steps, we may be able to show that the defendant’s negligence is the cause of losses stemming from your accident.
Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for more details about our client-centered approach to pursuing compensation. A member of our team is standing by to provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation on your case.
Seneca Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-514-8192
Your Lawyer Can Serve You Until Your Lawsuit Is Complete
Determining who is responsible for your losses and why they have liability may be only the start of Hammack Law Firm’s service to you or your loved one.
Some additional ways that we can advance your lawsuit or insurance claim may include:
- Gathering all of the facts and evidence relating to your accident
- Calculating the losses that you have already suffered because of an aggressive driver
- Determining the losses that you may suffer in the future
- Determining who is responsible for what portion of your losses
- Filing your lawsuit and any supporting documents
- Communicating with lawyers and insurance companies for the defendants in your case
- Negotiating a settlement with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Defending your rights
While a settlement may be the target outcome for your insurance claim or lawsuit, Hammack Law Firm can also take your case to trial if no fair settlement agreement occurs.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Damages You May Recover from a Lawsuit
Every victim of aggressive driving suffers a unique number and type of losses. Injuries differ from victim to victim, as may other losses that come from an aggressive driving accident.
Hammack Law Firm can help you identify all of the losses that you have suffered because of your aggressive driving collision. These may include:
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Medication costs
- Therapy for trauma
- Damage to your vehicle
- Temporary transportation costs
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries
- And more
If you have lost a loved one because of an aggressive driver, then you may be entitled to an alternate set of damages in a wrongful death lawsuit. Hammack Law Firm also handles these types of cases. Contact us directly to learn more about the specifics of a wrongful death action.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Hammack Law Firm Today
Hammack Law Firm’s mission is to build personal relationships with our clients and make South Carolina a safer place for everyone. We want to hold those responsible for your injuries or the loss of a loved one responsible for any negligent acts that they perpetrated. If you qualify, a Seneca aggressive driving accident lawyer from our firm can fight for you until your case is resolved.
Keep in mind that your time to sue may be limited. Per South Carolina Civil Remedies and Procedures §15-3-530, there is a general three-year statute of limitations, or legal time limit, for filing a personal injury or a wrongful death lawsuit in South Carolina.
Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for additional information about your case in a free consultation with a member of our team. We may be able to offer you representation on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments required.
Our Client Bill of Rights offers a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee —no costs and no fees. We serve our Greenville clients in all areas of personal injury, including auto and motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and boating accidents.
To get started with our Greenville personal injury law firm, please simply contact us online or call 864-326-3333 for a free consultation.