If you want a Seneca car accident lawyer to represent you in your lawsuit, Hammack Law Firm is here for you. Contact our office at (864) 326-3333 to get started. We serve communities throughout the state, including Seneca, and would be happy to evaluate your case at no charge and no obligation.
What to Do Immediately After a Car Accident
Immediately after a crash, it is a good idea to seek help from multiple sources. First and foremost, see a doctor. You may need to go to the hospital right away if you have severe or life-threatening injuries or make an appointment with your primary care provider after you get home if you have minor injuries.
Second, you will need to inform the police about the accident, your health and safety permitting. While you are waiting for the police to arrive, you can talk to the other driver and exchange insurance and contact information. If you have a functioning camera, you can take photos of the scene, but do not discuss anything more or accept blame for the accident.
Finally, once your injuries have been attended to and your doctors have given you a plan for recovery, consider hiring legal help. A Seneca car accident lawyer can work with you to determine your legal recourse for pursuing compensation for your losses.
Compensation You May Be Entitled To
According to Page 7 of a report compiled by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, driving too fast was the number one cause of both injury accidents and fatal accidents in 2018. Other human factors, such as failing to yield the right of way and alcohol usage, also played notable roles in accidents that year. Therefore, it is likely (though by no means definite) that you will be seeking compensation from a negligent driver.
If the crash affected you financially, you could be eligible to receive economic damages. Examples often include:
- Repair costs, such as mechanic’s fees and renting a temporary vehicle
- Medical bills, including hospital stays, prescription medications, and physical and/or psychological therapy
- Loss of wages you should have earned but could not due to your recovery
- Lowered earnings because you can no longer work the same job
- Loss of financial support from your deceased loved one
If the crash affected you physically or emotionally, you could be eligible to receive non-economic damages. These damages could include:
- Disfigurement, such as permanent, noticeable scars
- Disability from the loss of a limb, an organ, or a bodily function
- Pain and suffering you endured, including mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of companionship, due to the loss of a loved one
Getting Your Compensation
When you recover compensation, in many cases, that is the responsibility of the liable party’s insurance company. However, your case may be more complicated if the liable driver was uninsured or underinsured.
Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is a legal requirement in South Carolina, as the South Carolina Department of Insurance explains. It is a part of your own liability coverage. Underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage, on the other hand, is not required.
Our lawyers and legal team can explain these two insurance coverages in more detail for you and answer any questions or doubts you may have about receiving the compensation you need.
A Lawyer Can Help You with Your Case
The foremost benefit of legal representation is saving you from the stress and hardship of filing an insurance claim or civil action while you recover from your injuries. Our lawyers will navigate the legal system and pursue a fair settlement offer on your behalf. In the meantime, you will have the time and the peace of mind to recuperate at home with loved ones.
At Hammack Law Firm, we provide a variety of services to our clients, including:
- An investigation of the accident: the liable party’s insurance company may be more likely to listen to you if you can support your claim with evidence, like police reports or eyewitness testimony.
- Assessment of damages: to make sure that the damages you ask for are appropriate and recoverable, our lawyer will review your list and help you calculate monetary amounts for each.
- Communicating skills: we can deliver all messages between you and the liable party, ensuring your words are not used against you.
- Negotiating skills: we will argue vigorously for your compensation, and we will not be intimidated by the insurance company’s lawyers.
- Trial preparations and presentation: if the insurance company refuses to negotiate, our lawyer can represent you in court.
- Personal attention: your welfare is our lawyer’s priority. We will contact you with regular updates about your case, and we are always available to address any concerns you may have.
We are happy to perform these services on contingency. In other words, you will pay us nothing unless and until you are awarded a settlement. We only win when you win.
Contact our attorneys today
Hammack Law Firm believes that the best way to keep our fellow South Carolinians safe is by holding reckless, irresponsible drivers accountable for their actions. Whether that means negotiating for a pretrial settlement or taking them to court, our Seneca car accident lawyer is ready to handle your legal. Call us any time at (864) 326-3333 for a free case review.