Uber and Lyft have become an ingrained feature of American society. People who drive for Uber and Lyft provide a valuable service, but like any contractor or employee, they are required to do their job with care. Rideshare drivers have a responsibility to avoid the dangers of driving a motor vehicle to keep their passengers safe, so they must be vigilant at all times.
If you were injured or your loved one passed away from injuries related to a rideshare accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation. A Seneca Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer may review your case and help you fight for the compensation you need to recover from your damages. Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for a free consultation.
Uber and Lyft Drivers Have a Responsibility to Drive Safely on the Road
As ridesharing has expanded its role in the transportation landscape, the number of Uber and Lyft drivers on the road has grown. According to MarketWatch, the growth rate of rideshare services, such as Uber and Lyft, in recent years has been significant, and the rise in the total number of vehicles on the road could cause several issues.
Ridesharing drivers may spend time driving in search of rides, and this may:
- Increase the total number of vehicles on the road at any given time
- Contribute to traffic congestion
- Represent one more vehicle that could cause an accident, possibly involving you or your loved one
Many rideshare drivers juggle between Uber and Lyft to increase their potential revenue, according to The New York Times. Because there may be an incentive to get as many rides as possible, drivers may be more prone to:
- Making dangerous turns to avoid waiting at a light or for another break in traffic
- Changing lanes dangerously to advance in traffic
- Making other aggressive driving maneuvers aimed at decreasing the time spent on each trip
In instances where an Uber or Lyft driver causes an accident for any reason, the driver or the company they drive for may be held responsible for covering your losses.
You may be able to seek compensation for accident-related losses through a lawsuit or insurance claim, and a Seneca Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer can help you with either type of action. Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 to learn about our philosophy, small firm feel with big firm experience, could work for you after an accident.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Seneca, call 864-740-8653
You May Be Eligible to Bring an Insurance Claim for a Rideshare Accident
Uber and Lyft generally offer similar insurance coverage when their drivers cause accidents resulting in injury, death, or property damage. According to Uber and Lyft, their policy coverage generally includes:
- Up to one million dollars in coverage for “third-party liability” when the accident occurs as the rideshare driver is completing a trip
- Comprehensive insurance
- Collision insurance
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
These limits may change if the driver was not on their way to pick up a rider or in the process of dropping off a rider. If the driver was waiting on a ride request, both Uber and Lyft may provide coverage limits of:
- $25,000 for property damage
- $50,000 for bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
If the rideshare driver’s app was not engaged at the time of their accident, the company would not provide any coverage for their accident.
The circumstances of how the accident occurred may play an important role in what level of insurance coverage you may be entitled to receive and whether an insurance settlement might be viable for you.
A Lawyer May Handle Any Lawsuit You Decide to Bring
Your rideshare accident lawyer at Hammack Law Firm will explore the possibility of an insurance settlement. We may determine the cost of your losses and negotiate a settlement with representatives from insurance companies handling your claim. If the involved parties cannot reach a fair insurance settlement, your lawyer may pursue compensation through a lawsuit.
If you do bring a lawsuit, your lawyer may:
- Calculate the value of your losses
- File your lawsuit
- Determine which parties may be responsible for your losses
- Obtain witness accounts and gather evidence related to your accident
- Hire any experts whose testimonies might support your lawsuit
- Document your injuries
- Negotiate a settlement based on the value of your losses
- Complete a trial if a pre-trial settlement is not completed
Throughout our time as your lawyer, your attorney and our team will defend your rights. We will also put together the strategy aimed at securing compensation for you or your loved one, and we will answer any questions you have about that strategy or the legal process in general.
If we are able to negotiate a settlement or win a judgment award at trial, you may recover compensation for:
- Accident-related medical costs
- Pain and suffering you have endured
- Lost income caused by your injuries
- Losses related to the death of a loved one
- Damage to your property
Your lawyer can fight for the financial justice that you or your loved one hope to see.
Seneca Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Call Hammack Law Firm Today
Do not wait to call the team for a Seneca Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer, as the SC Code § 15-3-530 explains that you generally have a limited window to bring legal action for a personal injury or wrongful death.
Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for a free consultation about how we may help with your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Call or text 864-740-8653 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form