Were you or a loved one injured in a preventable semi-truck accident? Have your injuries cost you money, job opportunities, and physical and emotional strength? Hammack Law Firm will pursue monetary compensation on your behalf.
A Rock Hill semi-truck accident lawyer from our firm will protect your rights by fighting for the damages you deserve. Our firm specializes in truck accident cases and helping truck accident victims receive both justice and compensation.
We Will Help You After a Semi-Truck Accident
After any semi-truck accident, it is vital to act quickly. As stated in S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, accident victims in South Carolina have only three years from the date of the accident to start their cases. Otherwise, they could lose the right to compensation, no matter how much they need or deserve it.
A semi-truck accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm is here for you. Our entire team will work hard on your Rock Hill case by:
- Reviewing your case for free: Anyone who has suffered an injury is welcome to call us at any time. A member of our team will tell you how we can help at no cost or obligation to you.
- Assigning a value to your case: How much money do your injuries entitle you to recover? We will review the facts of your case and collect evidence to arrive at a fair, accurate number.
- Seeking appropriate compensation: We will confront the insurance company and push it to offer you a reasonable settlement that meets your needs.
- Answering your questions: We encourage our clients to call promptly with any questions or concerns they need addressed.
- Going to court on your behalf: We prepare our clients’ cases for trial, even when we negotiate on your behalf. We are always ready to pursue our clients’ recovery at trial, even if negotiations fail.
Who Owes You Compensation?
Hammack Law Firm will help you take legal action against the party or parties who caused your accident, whether they are:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The owner of the tractor or trailer involved in the collision
- The shipper or broker of the load
- A trucking parts manufacturer
- A maintenance contractor
We genuinely care for our clients, and they can tell: Haro SetianTyler Lee, one of our past clients, complimented us by saying that we “I am so thankful for Paul and his team! So refreshing to watch pros navigate what could be a stressful and drawn-out process with elegance and efficiency. provide top-notch legal service, but more importantly, they truly care about their clients!”
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Rock Hill, call 864-740-8653
Semi-Truck Accidents May Entitle You to Damages
The types of injuries you sustained will dictate what types of compensation you should ask for from the liable party. For example, if the accident cost you money, you can seek economic damages such as:
- Lost income: You could not perform your regular work duties while you recovered, so you missed out on much-needed paychecks.
- Medical expenses: Your injuries required attention from a doctor, surgeon, psychiatrist, physical therapist, dentist, or other medical professionals.
- Repair expenses: Your car suffered such serious damage that you had to pay for repairs or even buy a new car.
- Loss of employment: You lost your job because of your injuries, or you can no longer work in your chosen field.
In addition, if the accident has affected your physical or psychological health, you could qualify for these non-economic damages:
- Pain and suffering: Your physical injuries are painful and uncomfortable, or the trauma of being in the accident has caused emotional distress.
- Disability: Whether you lost an organ, suffered brain damage, or can no longer use a limb, you could qualify for compensation for a disability.
- Reduced quality of life: This claim could mean anything from being unable to perform necessary tasks (e.g., bathing or dressing yourself) to having to give up your favorite sport.
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your spouse has deteriorated or even ended because of your injuries.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a semi-truck crash, please accept our condolences for your loss. It is never easy to lose someone in such a sudden, often preventable manner. Hammack Law Firm is here to help by representing you throughout your wrongful death case and seeking damages such as:
- Loss of financial support: You depended on the deceased to keep your home, pay bills, and so on.
- Loss of companionship: The deceased was an invaluable source of love, comfort, and guidance to the entire family.
- End-of-life expenses: This claim may include funeral expenses, settling debts, or hiring a lawyer to manage the deceased’s estate.
Rock Hill Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Why do Semi-Truck Accidents Happen?
In 2019, according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) report, 159,000 people were injured, and more than 5,000 people were killed in large truck accidents in the United States. These numbers show that:
- Occupants of other vehicles suffered the most: Most injuries and fatalities occurred in smaller vehicles, not large semi-trucks.
- Pedestrians were also at risk: “Non-occupants,” or those who were not in a vehicle at the time of the crash, suffered substantial fatalities and injuries.
- Injuries have increased: Though large truck accident fatalities have decreased, injuries increased by 5.3 percent compared to the year before.
Even small trucks have the potential to cause devastating accidents. For example, in September 2021, in Rock Hill, a Chevy Silverado crashed into a utility pole, killing the driver and the passenger. Semi-trucks, which are much larger and heavier than other trucks, can easily cause just as much, if not more, damage.
Semi-truck accidents happen for various reasons. Some even have more than one cause, in which case you could seek compensation from more than one party. Common truck accident causes include:
- Not paying attention to the road
- Driving over the speed limit or too fast for conditions
- Truck driver fatigue or exhaustion
- Trucking company safety violations
- Refusing to yield the right-of-way
- Alcohol or other drugs
No matter why your accident happened, you and your family deserve justice. Hammack Law Firm will work on your behalf to get it.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
After a Semi-Truck Accident, We are Here for You
Hammack Law Firm is proud to represent personal injury clients in Rock Hill, South Carolina, and throughout the state. To learn more about how a semi-truck accident lawyer can help, call us at (864) 326-3333. You will not pay any attorney’s fees unless we win.