You may be entitled to receive compensation for a slip and fall accident if:
- You were legally on public or private property not owned by you.
- The property owner or manager knew about or should have known about the fall hazard that caused your injury.
- The property owner or manager neglected to take precautionary measures to keep people safe from harm on their premises.
- You suffered serious injuries and damages from the slip and fall accident.
If you live in Pickens, South Carolina, a slip and fall accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm wants to represent you. Our law firm offers free case evaluations, so we can review your slip and fall accident and explain how we may be able to help you with your case.
Our Attorneys Can Fight for Compensation for Various Damages You’ve Suffered
Whether you file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit, knowing how much compensation you should pursue is crucial. You won’t be able to seek additional damages after your case settles. However, many people are unaware of the various types of compensation they are entitled to, which means they might undervalue their case.
Our team at Hammack Law Firm handles personal injury cases for all sorts of injured victims, so we know what to consider when calculating your damages. In short, you may be entitled to receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disfigurement, such as scarring or loss of a body part
- Permanent disability or loss of bodily function, such as vision or hearing
- Income loss, both current and future
- Reduced earning potential
- Diminished enjoyment of life
You may qualify for other types of damages not included in this list. Once we review your case (for free), we can further explain how we assess the value of your financial recovery.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your case involves the death of a loved one, you may also be entitled to pursue wrongful death damages, which can range from covering funeral costs to compensating for losing financial support from your loved one. Our team can handle your case for you while you grieve quietly with your family, as we understand how difficult reliving the trauma can be.
Our Case Results Show How Hard We Work for Our Clients
At Hammack Law Firm, we work hard to fight for compensation that fairly covers our clients’ damages. Below are some of our case results for slip and fall accident cases we’ve handled:
- $170,000 settlement for a client who fell through a roof (a 16-foot fall) and suffered serious injuries
- $80,000 settlement for a client who suffered knee injuries from their slip and fall accident
- $71,968 settlement for a client who suffered a serious back injury after falling at work
We can explain how we reach the amount of compensation to fight for in your case. If you discover additional damages while we are building your case, feel free to alert our team so that we can account for these losses as well.
Hammack Law Firm Gives the Small Firm Feel with the Big Firm Experience
One of the main principles that our team stays true to is to treat our clients like family, to take care of them the way we would our own. Going through litigation can be exhausting and bring up a lot of anxiety, especially if you are in deep financial debt because of your fall injuries.
We aim to do everything we can to fight for you and your right to demand compensation. As such, our team will work hard to build you a strong case against the negligent property manager or owner. This process includes the following services:
- Identifying the liable party: In many slip and fall cases, the liable party is the owner or manager of the premises where the accident occurred. However, in some cases, the liable party might be a municipality, a maintenance worker or company, a manufacturer, or even a third party altogether. There may even be more than one liable party.
- Investigating your case: Once we know who to pursue, our team can investigate your accident to see if there is evidence we can use to support your claims about the incident and your damages.
- Handling communications and legal tasks: With personal injury cases, there are many technicalities you need to follow. We can handle paperwork, notices, responses, and other communications involved in moving your case forward. This also includes phone calls with insurance companies and attorneys.
- Representing your financial interests: We may be able to reach an insurance settlement before ever needing to go to court, which might be our main goal. However, if an insurance claim cannot reasonably address your damages or negotiations come to a halt, we may advise filing a lawsuit and presenting your case in trial.
If you would like to learn more about our legal services, we offer free consultations before getting started on your case.
You Must File Your Slip and Fall Injury Lawsuit by the Deadline
According to S.C. Ann §15-3-530, you generally have three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit about your slip and fall accident, starting from the date it occurred.
If you are taking action against a government entity because your accident occurred on public property, S.C. Ann §15-78-110 sets a different statutory deadline. In this case, you generally have two years from the date of injury to file, not three.
You Want to Avoid Filing Your Case Late
If you do not manage to file your case within this timeframe, you may lose your right to pursue compensation from the liable party you’re taking action against. The reason being, a judge may dismiss your case upon finding out it was filed late or if the opposing party files a request to have it dismissed.
Our team can take certain measures to help you avoid having your case dismissed, such as:
- Reviewing the accident report to determine your case’s filing deadline
- Filing appropriate legal paperwork to the court system
- Acknowledging negotiation tactics the opposing party might use to stall the claims process
- Filing your lawsuit on your behalf so that all information submitted is accurate
Call Now to Start Working with a Pickens Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
At Hammack Law Firm, our team of attorneys helps clients on a contingency-fee-basis. We do not charge attorney’s fees unless we win your case, and we take our agreed-upon percentage out of your compensation award. This approach allows you to afford our legal services without ever having to pay us out of your own pocket.
If you would like to learn more about our fee system or what else we may be able to do for you, call us at (864) 326-3333 for a free consultation.