If you or a loved one was the victim of a side-impact collision, you may have injuries, trauma, unpaid bills, or worse. Monetary compensation may help you get back on your feet. A Pickens side-impact collisions lawyer from Hammack Law Firm wants to help you get that much-needed compensation. Call our office at 864-326-3333. You do not owe us any attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you.
How Side-Impact Accidents Happen
Certain aspects of driving are riskier than others. For example, left turns might leave a driver open to danger from multiple directions, according to the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). If the turning driver fails to check for oncoming traffic before making the turn, or if another driver fails to give the turning driver enough space, a side-impact accident or T-bone collision may occur.
There are other ways a side-impact can occur. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speeding is one of the most common causes of traffic accident fatalities. If a driver blows through a red light or does not heed a stop or yield sign, they risk hitting a pedestrian or another vehicle—including you.
In some cases, a driver may not be responsible—or entirely responsible—for the accident. Their vehicle may have malfunctioned, preventing them from avoiding you. In other cases, an environmental factor, such as a slick roadway, may have caused them to lose control of their vehicle.
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer serving Pickens, call 864-740-8653
Determining Which Damages You May Be Entitled to Collect
According to the SC Code Ann § 15-3-530, you generally have three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you start your suit within those three years, you may be able to receive compensation.
Compensation is money paid to an accident victim to help them cover accident-related bills and make up for any injuries they sustained. “Injuries,” in this case, may refer to physical and/or psychological trauma stemming from the accident or financial losses.
If you seek compensation for physical and/or psychological trauma, you may seek non-economic damages. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering, if you were physically or mentally harmed by the accident or the injuries stemming from it
- Disability, if your injuries left you permanently physically or mentally impaired
- Loss of quality of life, if you can no longer perform activities you used to take for granted, whether that be running a marathon or buttoning a shirt
- Loss of companionship, if you lost a loved one in the accident or due to accident-related injuries
If your finances suffered in any way because of the accident, you may be entitled to seek economic damages. These damages may include:
- Repair costs, if you had to fix or even replace your car
- Medical costs, if you sought any sort of medical treatment at any time, or if you will continue to need treatment for the rest of your life
- Loss of wages, if you took time off from work and could not earn money while your injuries healed
- Loss of earning capacity, if your injuries permanently prevent you from earning or working as much as you could before
This is not a complete list of the damages your accident may entitle you to receive. A Pickens side-impact collisions lawyer can go over your case in detail and make sure you account for the total extent of your damages in your demand letter. Call the office of Hammack Law Firm at 864-326-3333 to get started.
Pickens Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Hammack Law Firm Wants to Help You with Your Lawsuit
What do you do once you have decided to file a lawsuit? You can go it alone if you want, but you also have the option to hire an attorney to help you with your case. They can advise you about your options and help you fight for fair compensation.
Hammack Law Firm represents accident victims just like you in South Carolina. We want to make our state a safer place by holding irresponsible drivers accountable for their actions and helping victims fight for the compensation they need. We may help you by:
- Conducting an investigation: Your lawyer may collect all possible materials related to your case. This may include photos of the scene, medical records, and witness statements. We may also retrieve the police report on the accident, which may reveal who is responsible for the accident and potentially liable for your damages.
- Being an intermediary: If you do not want to talk to the liable party or their representatives, you do not have to. Your lawyer can handle all communications between you and them.
- Fighting for compensation: First, we may sit down with the insurance company and negotiate for a settlement. If the insurance company does not agree to our demands, we may schedule a court trial. Either way, we will fight as long and as hard as it takes to get you your money.
- Being there for you: Compassion is just as important as good negotiating skills. Our firm makes itself available to you 24/7, and we are always happy to address your concerns, big or small.
All of this may sound like a lot of work. Lawsuits certainly can be long and difficult. With Hammack Law Firm on your side, you do not have to do any of the hard work yourself. Your lawyer may handle all aspects of your case from start to finish. Our lawyers also work on a contingency fee basis, so you only have to pay us if you get your money.
Hammack Law Firm knows how easy it is to feel overwhelmed and alone after an accident. A Pickens side-impact collisions lawyer can be your ally, fighting hard on your behalf every step of the way. Contact the office at 864-326-3333. Someone is always available to take your call, day and night.