Semi-truck accidents can have serious, lifelong consequences. You could recover compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of wages, and much more. Every liable party’s insurance company should pay for this compensation.
Hammack Law Firm is a leader in truck accident cases. We will assign a Myrtle Beach semi-truck accident lawyer to meet with the liable party and their representatives, even take your case to court if necessary. This way, you do not have to shoulder the financial burden of an accident that was not your fault.
Seeking Compensation After a Semi-Truck Accident in Myrtle Beach
You do not have to fight for your rights alone. Hammack Law Firm stands ready to manage all aspects of your case, including the task of determining what kinds of damages your injuries entitle you to recover.
What are Economic Damages?
The term “economic damages” refers to the financial suffering an accident has caused and what an accident victim may receive as reimbursement. Specific examples include:
- Medical bills: If you went to the emergency room immediately after the accident or have required any treatment since
- Repair costs: If your vehicle was damaged or destroyed in the accident
- Loss of income: If you could not work due to your injuries or had to work fewer hours as you recovered
- Other expenses: If you had to pay for additional assistance after the crash (for example, you used public transportation until your car was repaired)
What are Non-Economic Damages?
Semi-truck accidents can cause severe, even life-altering, injuries that affect your personal and professional lives. These injuries result in “non-economic damages” such as:
- Pain and suffering: If you experienced physical or emotional distress due to your injuries
- Disability: If you temporarily or permanently lost the use of any part of your body due to amputation, chronic pain, nerve damage, or other injuries
- Scarring: If the injuries have left you with permanent scar tissue that substantially affects your range of motion or your appearance
- Reduced quality of life: If you can no longer live the way you did before the accident (for example, you need a live-in helper or must give up certain activities)
What About Wrongful Death Damages?
Hammack Law Firm handles both wrongful death and personal injury cases. If you lost a loved one in a semi-truck accident, please accept our condolences and allow us to fight for the special types of damages that are only available to wrongful death victims.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Myrtle Beach, call 864-740-8653
We Will Fight for Your Rights After a Myrtle Beach Semi-Truck Accident
While filing a lawsuit can seem challenging, you have many benefits available to you when you do so:
- Recover much-needed compensation: You deserve the chance to recuperate in peace without having to worry about paying bills or going into debt.
- Hold the liable party responsible: The party or parties who caused your injuries should not be allowed to get away with behaving negligently or recklessly.
- Protect your community: When careless individuals or companies must pay for their actions, everyone will feel safer on the road.
It is understandable if you do not feel up to performing the many tasks associated with a lawsuit. Instead of going it alone, let a semi-truck accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm handle your Myrtle Beach case. We will:
- Calculate damages: By speaking with you and reviewing your case, we will determine how much money you should ask for in your claim.
- Investigate the accident: We will take photos of the accident scene, request police reports and other documentation, track down witnesses, and much more.
- Speak with the liable party: You do not have to worry about meeting the liable party face to face. Our team will manage all necessary communications, whether by mail, by phone, or in person.
- Handle settlement negotiations: Accepting a settlement is often the easiest way to get compensation, but this does not mean the liable party will offer a fair amount right away. We will make sure they offer what you are due.
- Take your case to trial: We are not afraid of the courtroom. If the liable party refuses to take responsibility, we will not hesitate to represent you at trial.
These services will not cost you any upfront attorney’s fees. Instead, we wait until you have received compensation to take our fee. If you do not win, then we do not charge you any attorney’s fees.
Myrtle Beach Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Semi-Truck Safety Issues That Put You at Risk
Many truck drivers are responsible individuals who make every effort to follow the rules of the road. However, there are still too many risk factors that put the lives and well-being of other drivers and pedestrians in danger:
- Onerous company policies
- Poor roadway maintenance
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Poorly manufactured or faulty truck parts
- Reckless truck drivers
As experts in truck accident cases, the team at Hammack Law Firm knows all too well the types of damage and injuries they can inflict. We support many truck safety reforms, such as:
- Laws requiring the installation of underride guards, which can keep cars and other small vehicles from getting stuck under large trucks
- Increases in the minimum amount of insurance coverage trucking companies must carry so that accident victims can receive fair compensation for severe injuries
- Laws limiting the size and weight of trucks allowed on the road – the larger and heavier a truck is, the more difficult it is to control and the more damage it may inflict in an accident
We also help the victims of semi-truck collisions receive fair compensation before the three-year statute of limitations runs out, as outlined at S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. By helping these people – people like you – recover fair compensation, we help them and their entire community.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Start Today with a Free Consultation on Your Truck Accident Case
If you or a loved one was involved in a semi-truck accident in Myrtle Beach, a lawyer from Hammack Law Firm could fight for your interests, whether in negotiations or in the courtroom. To get a free case review, contact our team today by calling (864) 326-3333. As our many positive Google reviews show, our team will do everything possible to help you through this trying time.