The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety cites antilock brakes (required since 1997) and electronic stability control (required since 2019) as two advances in trucking technology that help truck drivers avoid dangerous jackknifing. If you were injured in an accident with a truck that did not meet these requirements or was operated by a negligent driver, our Myrtle Beach jackknife accident lawyer can help you identify the liable party and seek financial compensation.
At Hammack Law Firm, our team treats truck accident injury victims with compassion and respect and helps them get the justice and compensation they deserve. We start by identifying the at-fault party, which can be difficult in truck accident cases. We then make every effort to seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our Truck Accident Team Is Committed to Accountability
We believe in fighting for compensation for every client injured in a truck accident. We are also devoted to creating beneficial changes in trucking and insurance company public safety policies. We advocate for safety measures, justice for accident victims, and maximum compensation from insurance companies.
In addition, our Client Bill of Rights ensures that you are treated fairly. As a Hammack Law Firm client, you are entitled to:
- Our courtesy and respect
- Open and frank communication
- Timely updates on your case
- A transparent fee agreement
- And more
On your behalf, we will assign a fair value to your case to help prevent lowball settlement offers or pressure to settle quickly. Accepting a settlement too soon could mean that your damages are not fully known, leaving you with unexpected out-of-pocket expenses.
How Our Team Manages Your Case
Fighting a trucking industry insurance company for compensation after an accident can be time-consuming and confusing. It also requires familiarizing yourself with a wide range of state and local civil practices and insurance laws. Our team can manage all the details of your case, including:
- Calculating your damages
- Handling insurance forms
- Making all legal filings
- Proving fault and liability
- Building your evidence file
With enough notice, we can also ensure you do not put your right to compensation in jeopardy by acting too late. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you generally have only three years from the date of your accident to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
When it comes to settling your case, the final decision is still yours and yours alone. However, we can help you understand the feasibility and fairness of each offer you receive. We will work hard to negotiate a favorable financial settlement and gather the evidence, photos, and witness statements that establish the foundation of your case.
Our Previous Clients Have a Lot to Say
The personal injury law firm that you choose to represent you will play a vital role in the resolution of your case. Here’s what some of our past injured clients have to say about working with our team:
- “These people actually care for the people they represent. They won’t take more than their client gets. I highly recommend this amazing law firm. They treat their people right. If you want great lawyers who actually care, then these are the best.” – Tracy
- “Mr. Paul and his team have been great to work with. They make you feel like you’re a part of the family. I can honestly say that they care about you and your well-being and getting your case settled. Thank you, guys, for everything that you did for me!” – Tiffany
- “Hardworking, respectful, friendly and they truly make you feel like family. They worked on our case and went way beyond our expectations. Highly recommended! We appreciate everything they did for us and how they kept us updated at all times throughout the process!” – The Jones Family
You can count on Hammack Law Firm to treat you like family as well. We will do everything we can to keep you updated on your case as it progresses and make sure you get the support you need in a warm and welcoming environment.
For a free legal consultation with a jackknife accidents lawyer serving Myrtle Beach, call 864-740-8653
Recoverable Damages after a Myrtle Beach Truck Accident
After a jackknife accident in Myrtle Beach that was caused by someone else’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer at Hammack Law Firm will help you determine your total losses and expenses.
Your recoverable damages may include:
- Current and future medical costs
- Accident-related income loss
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
The unexpected loss of a loved one changes your family dynamic and you will likely need time to cope with your loss. While you do, our team will go to work building your case. Recoverable damages in a wrongful death case may include funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
Evidence That Tells the Story of Your Accident
The evidence that we compile for you will likely start with your medical records and crash report. Every piece of evidence that we include in your file tells its own piece of the story. Together, this evidence proves the at-fault party’s negligence and helps us fight for a fair settlement.
Some examples of evidence include:
- Medical records and bills that detail your injuries, their costs, any required assistive devices, and any required treatments in the future
- Employment records and tax forms that prove how much income you will lose if your injuries prevent you from working
- Your crash report, which contains contact information for all involved parties, their insurers, and anyone who witnessed the accident
- Photos and videos that capture the before-and-after condition of the accident scene and of each involved vehicle
Be sure to let one of our team members know if you have evidence that you believe is beneficial to your case, even if it is not included on this list. This may include photos of your injuries and bills or estimates for repairing or replacing your damaged or destroyed property.
Myrtle Beach Jackknife Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Contact Our Truck Accident Team Today
If you or a loved one were injured in a collision with a truck in Myrtle Beach, our jackknife accident lawyer can guide you through the process of collecting financial compensation. With Hammack Law Firm on your side, you will not have to fight for compensation on your own. Call (864) 326-3333 for a free consultation with one of our team members today.