If you or a loved one has had a Myrtle Beach truck drunk driving accident, a lawyer from Hammack Law Firm would like to help. We will protect your rights by investigating the accident and fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Filing a lawsuit for monetary damages can be a challenging experience for those still recovering from a traffic accident. Our Myrtle Beach truck drunk driving accidents victim lawyer will do everything possible to secure compensation for you and your family. You can learn more about your legal options during a free consultation.
You Can Act Today Regarding Your Drunk Driving Accident Injuries
Hammack Law Firm will guide you through the steps you must take to file a lawsuit and receive compensation:
- Identifying the liable party: Should you sue the truck driver, their employer, both, or someone else? We will figure out the exact cause of your crash so that you will know exactly who to sue.
- Collecting evidence: Traffic cam footage, witness statements, personal photos, and medical records are just some of the types of evidence we will gather.
- Quantifying your injuries: The amount you qualify to recover depends on how serious your injuries are. We will help you calculate a suitable dollar amount.
- Notifying the liable party: To officially start your lawsuit, we will tell the liable party you are suing and how much you want in compensation.
- Communicating with everyone: We will speak to the liable party and their representatives on your behalf and keep you apprised of everything happening with your case.
- Negotiating a settlement: We are more than willing to meet with the liable party and their insurance company on your behalf. During these meetings, we will fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
- Representing you in court: If the liable party refuses to negotiate, let us take your case to court. We are not afraid to prepare your case and present it to a jury.
As one of our clients, Jean Smith, said, we are “always so professional, but yet made me feel like family.” Our goal for every client is to provide the compassionate legal counsel they deserve and recover the monetary compensation they need.
For a free legal consultation with a truck drunk driving victim accidents lawyer serving Myrtle Beach, call 864-740-8653
A Financial Award Can Help You Recover From an Accident
Drunk driving accident victims could recover various types of monetary compensation. If a drunk truck driver hit you in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, a lawyer from Hammack Law Firm will help you pursue economic damages, non-economic damages, or both, depending on your specific circumstances.
Examples of Non-Economic Damages
“Non-economic damages” is the legal term for money paid to accident victims who sustained physical, psychological, or emotional injuries. You could recover these non-economic damages:
Impaired quality of life: You need help with performing basic tasks that you had no trouble with before or have had to give up fun activities.
Pain and suffering: Your physical and mental health has not been the same since the accident.
Disfigurement: At least some of your injuries are permanent and have caused appearance-altering scars on the face, neck, hands, or other areas of your body.
Loss of consortium: You can no longer relate to your spouse in the same ways you did before.
Examples of Economic Damages
Economic damages go to accident victims who lost money after an accident, either due to increased expenses, decreased ability to work, or both. Examples include:
- Loss of income: While you convalesced, you could not perform your usual job duties and earn the money your family depends on.
- Loss of earning capacity: You have permanent injuries that affect your ability to find a good-paying job or work regularly.
- Medical expenses: This category could include emergency or reconstructive surgery, pain medication, physical therapy, assistive devices, or other treatment.
- Miscellaneous expenses: You may receive reimbursement for any product or service you would not have needed if you had not been involved in the accident.
Myrtle Beach Truck Drunk Driving Victim Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
We Want to Protect All Road Users
At Hammack Law Firm, our team passionately advocates for truck safety in South Carolina by:
- Supporting truck safety reform measures: We always support measures that can prevent truck accidents or mitigate the damage they cause.
- Helping truck accident victims recover compensation: Our goal is to make sure every truck accident victim in the state gets the money they deserve.
- Working to make South Carolina safer: By holding negligent truckers responsible for their actions, we hope to guarantee the safety of drivers and pedestrians across the state.
We also do everything we can to help victims of drunk driving accidents. Page 9 of a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) report shows that fatal drunk driving accidents involving light trucks or large trucks decreased from 2018 to 2019. This decrease is a positive development that the Hammack Law Firm celebrates.
However, there are still far too many individuals whose lives have been permanently altered because of drunk drivers, including drunk truck drivers. Per the NHTSA, alcohol increases the likelihood of accidents by:
- Impairing judgment: Alcohol can enhance emotions, including anger, that lead to poor decision-making.
- Affecting the senses: Drunk drivers cannot see or hear as well as they could sober. They may have trouble avoiding obstacles or staying in their lanes.
- Delaying reaction time: Even if a drunk driver notices an obstacle, alcohol slows their reflexes, making it harder for them to react in time to avoid a collision.
These risks are enhanced when the drunk driver is behind the wheel of a semi-truck. This is because trucks are much larger and heavier (especially when loaded with cargo) than the average vehicle.
At Hammack Law Firm, we want nothing more than to ensure that all personal injury victims receive the justice and compensation they are due.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
We Offer a Free Initial Consultation to All Callers
Drunk driving accident victims are always welcome to call Hammack Law Firm at (864) 326-3333 for a free consultation. We will explain more about our services and how one of our truck accident lawyers will fight for you. Our team is devoted to making Myrtle Beach and all of South Carolina safe for people like you.
Call or text 864-740-8653 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form