Every year, Myrtle Beach draws thousands of people who want to relax on its sunny beaches, play on its golf courses, and enjoy its beachfront attractions. Unfortunately, the busy tourist destination also has its share of traffic accidents, some of them involving trucks. In 2019, Horry County, where Myrtle Beach is located, tied with Charleston County as having the highest number of fatal traffic collisions in the state, according to the South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book.
If you were hurt in a truck accident in Myrtle Beach, you could hold the liable party responsible for your losses. Our Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer with Hammack Law Firm will determine who caused the accident and take your case to trial to get you the recovery you need. We are ready to fight for you and your family. We offer a review of your legal options during a free consultation.
Do Not Undervalue Your Recoverable Truck Accident Damages
The aftermath of a truck accident can leave you in serious pain, dealing with a mountain of bills and extensive recovery time that takes you away from your job and other responsibilities. While you focus on your physical and emotional recovery, our evidence collection team will help you compile your receipts and other documentation that proves the cost of your injuries. We can help you recover:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated lost wages
- Property repair or replacement
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
We will look at your damages, calculate each loss, and assign a value to your case. This will be what we pursue for your compensation. This figure will be a point of reference that can let you know if any offers you get from insurers are too low.
Pursuing a Wrongful Death Action on Your Loved One’s Behalf
If your loved one was fatally injured in a truck accident that occurred in Myrtle Beach, our thoughts are with you and your family. Please accept our condolences. We will be there to serve you in any way we can during this difficult time.
Our team will also help you file a wrongful death action to recoup the costs your family incurred for your loved one’s final arrangements, medical bills, and more. Before you accept a speedy settlement or inadvertently agree to one that is not sufficient to cover your costs, a truck accident lawyer serving Myrtle Beach with Hammack Law Firm can accurately valuate your case.
Determining Liability in Truck Accidents Can Be Complex, But Leave That to Us
It can be easy to determine fault and assign liability in a car accident. Proving liability in a truck accident, however, is not the same as a car accident for several reasons. The same things can be much more difficult after a truck accident because fault and liability can go in various directions. Your injury case might be filed against:
- The truck driver if his actions or behavior caused the accident (e.g., speeding, driving while impaired or tired)
- The driver’s employer if faulty or improperly loaded cargo caused the accident
- The owner of the truck
- The truck’s manufacturer if a vehicle flaw or design caused the accident
- The manufacturer of a truck part that failed to work
- A mechanic or shop that made errors while repairing the truck
- The workers responsible for maintaining the roads where the accident happened
Our team will compile the evidence that proves the at-fault party’s negligence and financial responsibility. We will also send a spoliation letter to the truck company to preserve any evidence we may need to prove your case. This can include:
- Maintenance and repair records for the truck
- Data from the truck’s black box
- Video footage from the driver’s dashcam
- The truck driver’s training history, logbook
- Records of previous violations at the company
We will review all evidence you have and collect additional evidence to prove your case.
Why Trust Your Truck Accident Case to Our Team
Our personal injury team goes to bat for you. To compile evidence on your behalf, we will read and review your medical records and crash report and locate and interview witnesses. From them, we draw proof of the at-fault party’s negligence and establish the financial costs of the accident. We will also:
- Handle all verbal and written communications with all parties in your case
- Locate supportive photos and video footage
- Compile evidence and interview witnesses
- Keep you aware of the progress of your case
- Explain all state and federal laws that apply to your case
- Answer your questions and address your concerns
We consider it a privilege to serve you and take care of your needs. When you trust us to represent you, our team never leaves you alone or uncertain about the progress of your case. We treat you like you were one of our own and fight for the compensation you deserve to get the care you need and put your life back on track.
We Fight Hard for Every Client We Represent
When we say our entire firm is focused on the best possible outcome for our clients, we mean it. In fact, if you do not win your case, we will not charge you any fees. We fight hard for every client we serve and will:
- Treat you like we treat our friends and family members
- Bring a personal touch to the personal injury experience
- Give you and your case the time and attention you deserve
Our mission is to build a personal relationship with you, make South Carolina a safer place for everyone, hold liable parties accountable for their negligence, and fight for financial compensation for every injured client we represent.
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Case After Your Myrtle Beach Accident
In South Carolina, personal injury cases must be filed within a specific time frame. Commonly known as the statute of limitations, S.C. Ann § 15-3-530 generally allows you up to three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you fail to comply with the statute of limitations, the potential consequences can be costly. It can mean:
- You cannot file your lawsuit at all; or
- The court will dismiss your lawsuit, ending your opportunity to recover damages
If either of these things happens, you can be left with no further legal recourse for compelling the at-fault party to compensate you. When our team is on your side – and with sufficient notice – we work diligently to ensure your case complies with the statute of limitations.
Our Firm Accepts Truck Accident Cases of Various Kinds
No matter what kind of truck accident you have been in, Hammack Law Firm will review your truck accident and inform you of what your legal options are going forward. We handle cases involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Jack-knife accidents
- Blind-spot accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Drunk driving (DUI) accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Improper or illegal turns
We urge you to seek proper medical care for your injuries. Then we can provide you with a free consultation and explain how you could seek financial recovery to rebuild your life after your collision in Myrtle Beach.
Read What Previous Clients Say About Our Team
Our personal injury team fights hard for injured clients and the financial compensation they are entitled to receive. We are proud of our Google reviews and of the customer testimonials on our website, including these:
- “I highly recommend Hammack Law Firm. Paul has a unique background working for insurance companies, so he knows their playbook. I am confident he will get you the best results if you are having to fight for payment against an insurance company in a personal injury case.” – Joanna Reese
- “Paul Hammack and his staff brought their ‘A Game’ in representing me… Although Paul had many cases, he always made me feel that mine was the most important with the attention he gave. These folks are highly recommended.” – Jerry Oates
We work hard to make sure you and every client we represent get the personal attention of a small firm feel and the experience of a big firm. The words and accolades of previous clients bear witness to how warm, supportive, and accommodating our team is and tell you how hard we work on every aspect of your recovery.
Get Help from Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Myrtle Beach
If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, you do not have to fight for compensation alone. Get our Hammack Law Firm personal injury team on your side by contacting one of our team members at (864) 326-3333 today.