Attorney Paul Hammack offers more than 19 years of experience as an aggressive advocate for South Carolinians. He understands that it is fundamentally unfair for a person to work hard for a company, suffer an injury on the company’s behalf, and then have to pay for that injury out of pocket.
Mr. Hammack is dedicated to balancing the scales of justice in Greenville workers’ compensation cases, and he shares that mission with everyone working at the Hammack Law Firm. Our Greenville workers’ compensation lawyers are here to fight for hard-working South Carolinians like you – and to get you the money you’re owed.
Recent Workers’ Compensation Victories
We want to help you the way we’ve helped our past clients. Our team has had success in a wide variety of cases, such as the following:
- Our team fought hard for a $365,000 recovery after a landscaping accident caused our client’s spinal injury.
- We secured $230,000 in a workers’ compensation claim for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury after being struck in the head by a tire.
- Our client received $170,000 when we handled their case involving a 16-foot fall through a roof.
- We obtained a $70,000 settlement in a workers’ compensation claim after our client injured his back lifting heavy cases of drinks.
Client Support for Hammack Law Firm
We invest a lot in our clients, and they often show their appreciation through testimonials. See some of the praise that our former clients have for our attorneys and support staff:
- “I went to three other law firms first and they all told me my case was not worth pursuing. I had a serious incident and went through a lot so I decided to try one more. Hammack Law Firm took my case and Paul got me a lot more than I expected! Everyone there is so helpful and friendly. Thank you so much for everything.” – Bob, former client
- “I had never met a law firm that genuinely cares for their clients [until I hired Hammack Law Firm]. Very warm and welcoming atmosphere. My family and I were always treated like family. Paul Hammack and his team helped me get what I deserved and they did not stop until they did. Words cannot express my gratitude for all your hard work and dedication.” – Monica Opdyke, former client
- “My husband and I couldn’t have picked a better law firm. Hard working, respectful, friendly and they truly make you feel like family. They worked on our case and went way beyond our expectations. Highly recommended! We appreciate everything they did for us and how they kept us updated at all times throughout the process! Thank you, Hammack Law Firm!” – T. Jones, former client
Don’t take these reviews lightly. They portray the sort of experience you will have as a client of Hammack Law Firm.
For a free legal consultation with a workers' compensation lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-326-3333
What Workers’ Compensation does for Injured Employees
Even though workers’ compensation benefits differ from state to state, most employees injured on the job have the right to receive benefits whether their employer is at fault or not.
Your workers’ compensation benefits may cover:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Medication costs
- Injury-related travel expenses
- Lost income
- Rehabilitation costs
- Occupational training
- Wrongful death
Workers’ compensation is not always the best option. Once you’ve received workers’ compensation, you generally forfeit your right to sue your employer for any additional compensation related to the injury you sustained while working.
Our team will discuss the most suitable option for you. Our workers’ compensation lawyers will answer any questions you may have during a complimentary case review.
Greenville Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured on the Job
You could qualify for workers’ compensation if you suffered an injury or developed an occupational disease or condition from your work. To help your case, be sure to take the following steps:
Seek Medical Attention
First and foremost, you need to seek medical treatment for your injury. Explain the cause of your work-related injury to the doctor or specialist seeing you, as this information may be recorded on an incident report. This document will likely be vital to your case.
The South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission (WCC) notes that the physician you see must have approval from your employer or their insurance carrier for you to receive benefits. Once you have received medical treatment and have been released from the hospital, a workers’ compensation lawyer from our team will lead you through the application process.
Report Your Injury
You should report any work-related injuries or illnesses to your employer as soon as possible. According to S.C. Ann § 42-15, you may receive a denial of benefits if you fail to report your injury or condition to your employer within 90 days.
You must also file your benefits claim with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier within two years of discovering your ailment. If you do not know the name of your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier, you can ask your employer’s human resources department.
Hire an Attorney
It is never too soon to hire an attorney from our firm. The period after a work-related injury or illness can be confusing. If your employer contests the connection between your ailment and your job, your case may become even more complicated.
Our team will make sense of your claim. We will deal with any pushback from your employer. We’ll explain all the necessary steps to file and complete your claim. Hiring our firm should be one of the earliest steps you take in your workers’ compensation case.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Why Hiring a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer from Hammack Law Firm Is Beneficial
Choosing Hammack Law Firm to assist you in your workers’ compensation application is a sound decision. Our methods are battle-tested. We recently won a settlement of $230,000 for a client with a brain injury. We also secured a $70,000 settlement for another client.
Our attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve. We may do so by:
Workers’ compensation applicants may be denied because they can’t navigate the complex process. Our team will file all of your paperwork in a timely and proper manner.
Proving Your Injury
In our many years of experience, we have developed professional relationships with experts from different fields. We’ll rely on these connections, as well as many other outside resources and sound legal strategies, to lend credibility to your case. We empower our clients’ cases by proving the severity of their injuries in an easy-to-understand way.
Seeking Fair Compensation
Our workers’ compensation lawyers will find every available source of compensation for you.
Working Outside the System
While workers’ compensation law generally disallows seeking additional compensation elsewhere, we know all the exceptions. ’We’ll determine if you deserve compensation outside of South Carolina’s workers’ compensation system.
Listening to Your Needs
Our firm maintains our own Client Bill of Rights to show our commitment to putting you first. As our client, you have:
- The right to our respect, courtesy, compassion, and empathy
- The right to talk with us within 24 hours of your call
- The right to timely updates on your case’s progress
Making a grave error, missing a deadline, or misrepresenting yourself can be a claim-ending mistake. Our workers’ compensation attorneys can help steer your application process in the right direction.
Hammack Law Firm has what it takes to help you get the most out of your workers’ compensation application. Let us help you get what you deserve today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
There Are Risks in Handling Your Workers’ Compensation Case Alone
If you choose to forego hiring a lawyer for any reason, this decision could come with serious risks. Failure to hire a lawyer may lead to:
- Detrimental physical consequences: Stress can have a direct effect on your physical health. If you handle your case alone, you may experience significant stress. As such, you may worsen existing injury or illness or even expose yourself to new ailments.
- Psychological and emotional harm: Being injured or ill can put you in a fragile state. You may already be worn thin. If you take on the responsibility of a workers’ compensation claim, your mental wellbeing may suffer further.
- A less-than-satisfactory case: You may have limited time or energy to dedicate to your case. If you handle your case without a lawyer’s help, the quality of your claim may suffer.
- A negative case outcome: If you fail to build a strong case, you may receive fewer benefits than you deserve. Even worse, you may receive a denial of your claim.
There is no clear reason to file a workers’ compensation claim without a lawyer. We require no upfront payment and have ample resources to help you. All you must do is reach out for assistance.
We Can Help You with Your Greenville Workers’ Compensation Case
According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), workers’ compensation laws covered more than 135 million people as of 2015. Each year, millions of American employees sustain an injury while on the job. Often, these injuries are life-altering and even fatal.
In some ways, it seems as if the workers’ compensation system was designed to be as complex as possible to deter hard-working employees from filling out an application to get the compensation they deserve.
But with Hammack Law Firm on your side, you don’t have to worry about that. Our Greenville workers’ compensation lawyers have many years of experience serving individuals who were hurt on the job. We pride ourselves on our ability to earn fair monetary compensation for our clients so they can rest easy and heal from their traumatic experiences.
The Leading Causes of Workplace Accidents
Workers’ compensation seeks to address the expenses incurred from:
- Vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence (e.g., assault, battery, use of force, and sexual assault)
- Dangerous objects (e.g., defective tools and falling objects)
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Fires and explosions
- Dangerous commercial property conditions
- Repetitive motion injuries (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome)
If you or someone you love has fallen victim to any of the above-listed scenarios, our workers’ compensation lawyers at Hammack Law Firm can help you in your fight to receive proper compensation for your injuries.
Hire Our Law Firm for Your Workers’ Compensation Needs
Avoid the hassle of applying for workers’ compensation on your own by hiring a workers’ compensation attorney from Hammack Law Firm.
You have enough to worry about with your injury. Why let the red tape and the bureaucracy of applying for workers’ compensation keep you from claiming fair benefits? Let our attorneys help you get the workers’ compensation you deserve so you can focus on healing. Call our office in Greenville now at (864) 326-3333 for your FREE consultation.