Were you hurt in a collision with a tow truck in Greenville or a surrounding area in South Carolina? Do you believe that the accident was caused by negligence on the part of the truck driver, trucking company, or another party? If so, be sure to contact an experienced truck accident attorney from Hammack Law Firm to represent you.
Tow trucks are frequently seen on roads and highways across Greenville. Also known as wreckers or recovery vehicles, they move disabled, impounded, and improperly parked vehicles from one spot to another. While tow trucks are most often found at the scene of motor vehicle accidents (in a helpful capacity), they too can be involved in serious injury collisions.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a crash with a tow truck, you need a qualified tow truck accident attorney on your side. Fortunately, the attorneys at Hammack Law Firm have more than 20 years of experience helping injured individuals get justice. Our extensive experience handling truck accident claims both on the plaintiff and defense side gives us the unique and valuable experience and skills that you’ll want behind you as you seek compensation for your injuries.
Our consultations are always 100% free and confidential, so call us at 864-514-8192 to schedule a time to speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys today.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Tow Truck Accident Claim?
Seeking compensation after a tow truck accident that results in major property damage and severe injuries can be more complicated than a regular car accident claim. Because trucking accidents often involve multiple parties (not just the driver), it can be challenging to identify all of the entities who might be at least partly liable for the harm you’ve suffered.
Some of the potentially liable parties involved in a tow truck accident could include:
- The driver
- The company that employs them
- Third party maintenance companies
- Parts manufacturers (if a defective part or vehicle design caused the accident)
Because all of these entities and their insurers will be looking to protect themselves from liability, you’ll want to have an experienced truck accident attorney handling your claim. Your lawyer will perform a thorough investigation into the crash and will identify any and all parties who might share liability. They will then build a persuasive case to hold those who were negligent accountable for your injuries and any other losses you’ve incurred.
You don’t want to take on these entities alone. They will do everything in their power to deny responsibility and shift blame onto others, and may even try to claim that you were at fault for the crash. With a dedicated truck accident lawyer on your side, you can fight back and make sure that you get the full compensation you’re owed.
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-514-8192
Why Choose Hammack Law Firm?
If you’re dealing with severe injuries, costly medical bills, lost wages, and other losses after a tow truck accident, you’ll want to have the best-possible legal representation behind you. Don’t settle for just any attorney to handle your case. Instead, be sure to select a lawyer who has specific experience handling truck accident cases…and winning them.
Attorney Paul Hammack has spent two decades handling truck accident cases, on both the defense and plaintiff’s side. His comprehensive knowledge of how these claims are handled often gives him and his clients an immediate advantage over the other side.
Our experience includes:
- 15 years of experience handling trucking insurance defense
- Member of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Member of the AAJ Truck Accident Litigation Group
- Extensive work with the South Carolina Trucking Association
If you want to recover the full and fair compensation you’re owed, don’t trust your case to an inexperienced or apathetic attorney. Turn to a team that has the right knowledge, resources, and skill to get you the justice that you’re owed.
Greenville Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-514-8192
Types of Tow Trucks
Not all tow trucks are the same. Some have different features that enable them to tow different types and sizes of vehicles. Some of the most common types of tow trucks include:
- Flatbed tow trucks: These trucks will usually look like traditional flatbed trucks, but will have a hydraulic bed that inclines to allow vehicles to slide onto the bed
- Hook-and-chain tow trucks: Chains will hook around the axle or the vehicle frame and will lift the front of the vehicle in the air, while leaving the rear axle on the ground during transport
- Wheel-lift tow trucks: A metal yoke will fit under the rear or front wheels and will use a hydraulic lift to hoist that section of the vehicle in the air for transport
- Boom tow trucks: As their name suggests, these vehicles will be equipped with a boom lift to recover vehicles from tough situations (like cars that are stuck in ditches), or when the tow operator doesn’t have access to the immobilized vehicle
If you’ve been involved in a collision with a tow truck, make sure to protect yourself and your injury case by taking pictures of the type of truck that hit you, the surrounding scene, damage to your vehicle, and any injuries you suffer in the crash. These pictures will prove to be vital evidence later on.
Common Causes of Tow Truck Accidents
An accident involving a tow truck can happen for countless reasons. At Hammack Law Firm, we’ve seen it all. In general, there are a few particularly common causes of crashes involving tow trucks, including:
- Driver Error – If a tow truck driver is reckless, careless, distracted, or otherwise negligent, they could easily cause a severe injury accident.
- Improper Truck Maintenance – Routine, comprehensive maintenance is vital to the safety of the tow truck driver and others on the road. Old or worn tires, faulty brakes, and other maintenance issues could spell disaster if they are not identified and immediately addressed.
- Towed Vehicle Coming Loose – If a vehicle that is being transported comes loose from its chains, the yoke, or falls off the flatbed, it immediately becomes a dangerous object on the road. The vehicle could fall on top of, slide into, or obstruct the roadway, causing a severe or potentially fatal injury accident.
- Intoxicated driving – A truck driver who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a danger not only to themselves but to everyone else on the road.
- Drowsy driving – Drowsy driving is negligent driving. Truckers need to be alert and aware of their surroundings at all times, and if they aren’t, severe injury accidents could occur.
This list of common causes of tow truck accidents is far from comprehensive. If any entity, whether it is the driver, the tow company, or any other party is negligent and a crash occurs, the victims could seek full and fair compensation for the harm they’ve suffered and financial losses they incur.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Frequently Asked Questions
Our tow truck accident attorneys know that you have questions, and we are confident that we have the answers you need. Call us at 864-514-8192 to discuss the specifics of your case, and read a few of our frequently asked questions below:
What type of compensation might the negligent party owe me?
Depending on the severity of your injuries and other factors associated with the crash, you could be eligible to recover damages including:
- Medical bills and other treatment expenses
- Lost wages from time off of work
- Loss of future earnings if disabled
- Home modifications and other life adjustments
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Replacement of other damaged personal property
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
Only a qualified truck accident attorney can tell you what types of damages you’re owed, so be sure to reach out to schedule a consultation as soon as possible.
When is the right time to hire a lawyer?
In general, it is a good idea to hire a lawyer as soon as possible after you’ve been hurt in a crash with a tow truck. Remember that although the statute of limitations in South Carolina is three years (according to S.C. Code § 15-3-530(5) (2016), you do not want to wait that long to commence legal action.
Investigating the crash, securing evidence, building a case, and negotiating for a fair settlement can all take some time. You don’t want to wait until that time has passed to file your lawsuit if necessary. If you fail to resolve the matter or file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out, the courts will refuse to hear your case.
How much will it cost me to hire Hammack Law Firm?
You should never be afraid to hire an experienced truck accident injury lawyer to represent you. That’s why we at Hammack Law Firm represent clients on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you won’t pay us anything up front to represent you. That’s right. You won’t owe us anything for the consultation or our efforts on your behalf until we’ve secured compensation for you.
We firmly believe that we shouldn’t get paid until YOU get paid.
Contact a Greenville Tow Truck Lawyer Now
You’ve been hurt in a crash with a tow truck, and now you’re dealing with the fallout of this unexpected and devastating event. Don’t wait another day to get the experienced legal help that you need and deserve.
Our tow truck accident attorneys are standing by, ready to help you get the justice and full compensation that you are owed. Call us at 864-514-8192 or reach out to us online to schedule your FREE, no-obligation consultation today and find out why we’re the preferred law firm for truck accident cases in Greenville and across South Carolina.