A Greenville semi-truck accident attorney from our law firm may be able to help you with your case if you or someone you love was injured in a collision with a large truck. Our legal team may also be able to help your family seek compensation if a loved one lost their life in the collision.
To help you seek compensation, our team can:
- Calculate the value of your total damages
- Comply with the statute of limitations
- Argue the cause of the collision
- Show the extent of your injuries
- Handle insurance company paperwork
- Negotiate a financial settlement
At Hammack Law Firm our personal injury team can help you fight for financial compensation.
Recover These Semi-Truck Accident Damages
If you or someone you love suffered injuries and property damage as the result of a collision with a semi-truck, the party at fault for the accident may be responsible for its resulting financial costs.
According to S.C. Ann. § 15-32-210, your recoverable damages may include the following economic costs:
- Hospital and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income and lost earning capacity
- Property repair or replacement
- In-home medical or domestic care
In addition, your recoverable damages may include the following non-economic costs:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Long-term physical disfigurement
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of companionship
A Greenville semi-truck accident attorney from our firm can help you calculate the value of each damage you claim and pursue compensation to cover your losses.
Our legal team is familiar with South Carolina’s compensation laws, regulations, and damage caps, so we can help make sure your lawsuit is not undervalued or underpaid. If you receive settlement offers, we can also advise you on its fairness based on our calculations of your damages.
Call our law firm when you are ready to start preparing your semi-truck accident lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-326-3333
Fight for Compensation Before Time Runs Out
In Greenville, your lawsuit must abide by the statute of limitations found in S.C. Ann. §15-3-530. This law dictates that you generally have:
- Three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit
- Three years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit
Get our team involved in your fight for compensation right away. We can keep track of your case’s filing deadline so that it gets filed in time. Our team can also:
- Investigate the accident
- Conduct interviews with witnesses while their memories are fresh
- Consult medical and mechanical experts to get analysis for your case
Greenville Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
Your Medical Records Can Reveal the Extent of Your Injuries
If you require medical care for your semi-truck accident-related injuries, this should be documented in your medical records and have a paper trail to follow. Our team may use this evidence to argue why you should be compensated for your medical care costs.
You may be entitled to receive compensation for the following types of medical expenses:
- Costs for emergency room care
- Costs for diagnostic tests
- Costs for hospital stays
- Costs for prescription medications
- Costs for assistive medical devices
The medical records and bills we request may help us prove the cause and cost of your semi-truck accident injuries. You can comply with these requests or authorize us to request these records on your behalf.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Let Us Handle the Insurance Companies for You
In the aftermath of a semi-truck accident, dealing with insurance company paperwork might only add to your stress. When our team represents you, we can handle the at-fault party’s insurance company for you. That means we can take care of:
- Claims forms
- Phone calls
- Proof of liability
- Settlement negotiations
One of our team’s goals in handling the at-fault party’s insurance company is to resolve your semi-truck accident with a financial settlement. We can deal with forms and requests for information so that you can focus on getting better.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Crash Report Can Help Establish Information About the Accident
According to S.C. Ann. §56-5-1270, you are required to file a crash report if you or anyone else involved in the accident was injured.
Our team may use the crash report to prove the cause of the accident, as these reports often contain crucial information. Some information that might be in the crash report includes:
- Whether the at-fault driver committed traffic violations
- Whether the at-fault driver was distracted or under the influence of drugs or alcohol while driving
- Whether the truck experienced mechanical failures due to its design
- Whether the truck’s cargo was improperly loaded
- Whether road or weather might have contributed to the cause of the accident
Do not overlook the significance of the crash report or the information it contains. If it is available, request two copies. You can give one to us and keep one for your personal records.
Contact Our Truck Accident Team to Get Started
If you were injured in a semi-truck accident, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the truck driver, their employer, or the truck manufacturer. Get help with your case by working with a Greenville semi-truck accident lawyer from our law firm.
Call (864) 326-3333 to receive a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. We provide caring and compassionate legal service that you can get at a small firm while also giving you the dedication and experience of a big firm.