Slip and Fall Injuries Lawyer
According to the National Ag Safety Database (NASD), more than one million Americans suffer injuries resulting from a slip and fall or trip and fall accident on a yearly basis.
This type of accident accounts for 15 percent of all job-related injuries and costs around 12 to 15 percent of all Workers’ Compensation expenses. The agency’s report also notes out that over 17,000 Americans pass away annually because of slip and fall accidents.
At Hammack Law Firm, we believe that if you have suffered a grievous injury at the hands of a negligent party, you deserve meaningful care and legal counsel. Our Greenville slip and fall injury attorneys have years of legal experience fighting for victims and helping them to secure the justice and financial recovery they need.
What Is a Slip and Fall Injury?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recognizes two types of falls that can cause serious injury:
1. Same-Level Falls – When someone trips, slips, or falls on a same-level surface, they are at risk of sustaining debilitating injuries to the limbs and head. These types of falls are more common and are, in turn, the most common cause of injuries.
2. Elevated Falls – When someone falls down from a higher-level surface—generally from a height of 10 feet or less—they may sustain a greater injury than they would have had they fell from a same-level surface. Thankfully, these types of falls are less common.
It goes without saying that both types of falls have the ability to inflict serious injury and even death. Staying vigilant of your surroundings, however, is your best bet to avoid a trip, slip, or fall while at the workplace, home, or while out and about.
It is also important for families and employers to recognize that an individual does not have to fall from an elevated level to suffer serious or fatal injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a slip & fall accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-514-8192
What Are the Possible Causes of a Slip or Fall?
Slip and fall injuries can occur when someone slips on a wet surface, trips over something in their path, or missteps when climbing up or going down the stairs. But this isn’t always the case.
A few things must be taken into context first, such as how and why your slip and fall accident occurred in the first place.
To address how, normally a slip and fall accident occurs because of the following:
- Shoes you’re wearing (e.g. worn out treads, untied laces, etc.)
- Weather conditions in your surroundings (e.g. wet or icy floors)
- Your actions (e.g. rushing, jumping, running)
- Broken equipment (e.g. unexamined or unapproved ladders breaking)
- Condition—or type—of floor (e.g. large cracks that can cause a trip)
- Items in the environment (e.g. tripping over a power cord, slipping on wet tile, etc.)
- Lighting (e.g. stumbling over an item in a dark room)
- Unsafe work conditions (e.g. chemicals or liquid spilled on a workplace floor)
It can be easy to fault a slip and fall injury to the victim themselves but often times – especially when the incident occurs in the workplace, a business, or public space – it is the result of negligence committed by other parties such as property owners or even coworkers.
- The owner of a business failed to adequately warn of a spillage, such as using a “Slippery Floor” sign, and a customer slipped and was injured.
- A homeowner failed to inform visitors of certain areas in the home which pose a threat of causing a trip or slip, and the victim inadvertently injures themselves at this spot.
- While climbing the stairs at work, you slip and fall because of ice that accumulated over night.
These are all common examples of negligence stemming from other parties that cause slip and fall accidents, and this means that they should be held responsible for your injury.
Reach out to the Greenville slip and fall injury attorneys of Hammack Law Firm to begin your claims process today.
What Types of Injuries Happen from a Slip or Fall Accident?
A plethora of injuries can be sustained for anyone unfortunate enough to suffer from a trip, slip, or fall. Some of the most common injuries that are treated in hospitals specifically because of this type of accident include:
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Long-term medical complications
In certain instances, these types of accidents can even cause death. If someone you love was lost because of a slip and fall accident and you suspect negligence was a factor, surviving members may be eligible for a wrongful death claim.
Regardless of the injury, it is important to seek out medical attention immediately. Once you have received treatment, call our slip and fall injury lawyer to review your case.
Greenville Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-514-8192
What Kind of Compensation Is Available in a Slip and Fall Injury Claim?
You deserve justice and maximum monetary compensation for the damages you have suffered as a result of your slip and fall accident. The Greenville personal injury lawyer of Hammack Law Firm has the experience, resources, and strategies to help you get it.
Some of the damages that you can expect to receive include but are not limited to:
- Medical Bills – Your claim is usually worth the value of your medical expenses at the very least. This can also expand to past and future medical expenses for treatment of your slip and fall injury.
- Pain and Suffering – Pain and suffering damages can be hard to attribute value to, but with an experienced slip and fall injury attorney, it can be done. This is usually calculated to be equal to the sum of your medical expenses, and depending on the severity of your injury, it can be multiplied even further.
- Lost Wages – Missing work can leave you in a tough financial situation, struggling to pay bills and other expenses. Lost wages damages help you to secure the money you have lost from not working as a result of your injury. Our slip and fall injury attorneys can help sort this out between you and your employer.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – Sometimes these injuries can leave you unable to perform the work you did before you sustained it. This type of compensation helps you retrieve what lost earning capacity you have incurred. It also covers costs for training or education in a different field, and/or payment of a lump sum for the amount of reduced earning capacity.
- Incidental Expenses – Extra expenses incurred can add up when you are receiving treatment for your injuries. For example, you may have spent near $100 in gas alone to travel to your doctor. This type of compensation helps recover what was spent relating to your injury.
Hiring the Greenville, South Carolina, slip and fall injury attorneys of Hammack Law Firm is your best option to securing the financial recovery you need.
Why Choose Hammack Law Firm For Your Slip and Fall Injury Claim?
For over 19 years, our personal injury attorneys have dedicated themselves to protecting the rights of victims that have endured slip and fall injuries – especially when they have occurred as a result of another party’s negligence. Because another party’s malicious intentions or careless behavior inevitably caused you pain, it’s time for us to help you right this most heinous wrong.
Over the last two decades, our law firm has accumulated an abundance of resources that we use to ultimately strengthen your case and win your claim. Some of those resources include:
- Legal tactics and strategies designed to win your slip and fall injury claim.
- Strong professional relationships with medical personnel, accident reconstruction specialists, expert eyewitnesses and other legal professionals who can help us to better understand your situation.
But what truly sets us apart from other slip and fall injury attorneys and premises liability attorneys is the insider knowledge that we carry close to our chest. Before we represented the people, we represented insurance companies.
We had a change of heart nearly 20 years ago as we saw good, honest, hardworking Americans being taken advantage of by these immoral companies. We vowed that we would instead use all of our knowledge to help victims secure the recovery they deserve.
Now, we happily serve the people of Greenville and its surrounding areas, fighting to make a positive change in people’s lives.