We believe you deserve meaningful care and legal counsel at Hammack Law Firm if you suffered injuries at a negligent party’s hands. Our Greenville slip and fall injury attorneys have years of legal experience fighting for victims and helping them secure the justice and financial recovery they need.
Our Greenville slip & fall accidents lawyer may be able to help you recover compensation for the harm you experienced. We provide free case reviews and consultations so that you can learn more about your legal case. We will answer your questions and explain our services during this initial, no-obligation consultation.
What Kind of Compensation is Available in a Slip and Fall Injury Claim?
You deserve just compensation for the damages you suffered due to your Greenville fall accident. The Greenville personal injury team at Hammack Law Firm has the experience, resources, and strategies to help you get it.
Some of the damages you may receive include but are not limited to:
- Medical bills: Your claim should include the value of your medical expenses and any related costs. This can also expand to your future treatment costs for your fall injury.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering damages can be hard to attribute value to, but it can be done with an experienced slip and fall injury attorney. This is usually at least equal to the sum of your medical expenses. It may be several times higher when injuries are severe.
- Lost wages: Missing work can leave you in a tough financial situation, struggling to pay bills and other expenses. Lost wages damages include the money you lost from not working as a result of your injury.
- Loss of earning capacity: Sometimes, injuries can leave you unable to perform your previous job. These losses cover this difference in income. It also covers costs for training or education in a different field.
- Incidental expenses: Extra expenses incurred can add up. For example, you may have spent more than $100 in gas and parking fees to see your doctor.
We also represent families in wrongful death cases. When a fall victim suffers a catastrophic injury and passes away, their family is left with financial losses and expenses. A personal representative can seek to recover those damages for the immediate family under S.C. Ann. § 15-51-10.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-740-8653
Why Choose Hammack Law Firm for Your Slip and Fall Injury Claim?
At Hammack Law Firm, our goal is to get the client back to their family and loved ones as soon as possible. Our personal injury attorneys dedicate themselves to protecting the rights of victims that have endured slip and fall injuries due to another party’s negligence.
Our law firm has the experience, knowledge, and resources necessary to strengthen your case for your injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Some of those resources include:
- Legal tactics and strategies that make a case for liability and negligence in your slip and fall injury claim
- Strong professional relationships with medical personnel, accident reconstruction specialists, eyewitnesses, expert witnesses, and other legal professionals who can help us to understand your situation better
- Insider knowledge, because before we represented the people, we represented insurance companies
Today, we fight the insurers to help victims secure the recovery they deserve. Our client reviews show that our customers value the small firm feel and the big firm experience they get at Hammack Law Firm.
“There are not enough words to describe the great experience that I have had dealing with all of the kind people at Hammack Law. Whenever I called or texted, you would think I was their only client. They immediately answered and were always so professional, but yet made me feel like family.”
We represent clients based on contingency fees only. We do not charge a retainer or other upfront fees. We only get attorney’s fees if we settle your case or secure another type of payout for you.
Greenville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
What are the Possible Causes of a Slip or Trip and Fall?
Fall injuries occur when someone slips on a wet surface, trips over something in their path, or missteps when climbing up or going down the stairs. Determining exactly what happened and why is a vital part of building strong support for a fall claim.
- Shoes you’re wearing (e.g., worn-out treads, untied laces, etc.)
- Weather conditions outside (e.g., wet or icy floors)
- Your actions (e.g., rushing, jumping, running)
- Broken equipment (e.g., unexamined or unapproved ladders breaking)
- Condition – or type – of floor (e.g., large cracks that can cause a trip)
- Items in the environment (e.g., tripping over a cord, slipping on wet tile, etc.)
- Lighting (e.g., stumbling over an item in a dark room)
- Unsafe work conditions (e.g., chemicals or liquid spilled on a workplace floor)
It can be easy to blame a slip and fall injury on the victim. However, these falls can result from the negligence that other parties, such as property owners or occupiers, commit. This is especially true when the incident occurs in the workplace, a business, or a public space.
- The business owner failed to adequately warn of a spillage, such as using a “slippery floor” sign, and a customer slipped and was injured.
- A homeowner failed to inform visitors of certain areas in the home that pose a threat of causing a trip or slip, and the victim mistakenly hurts themselves in one of those areas.
- While climbing the stairs at work, you slip and fall because of ice that accumulated overnight.
These are all common examples of negligence causing fall accidents. In each of these examples, another party could be held responsible for the fall injuries.
Victims of fall injuries can suffer a range of injuries, including relatively minor and life-altering injuries. Some of the most commonly treated in hospitals include:
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Long-term medical complications
The Hammack Law Firm team can generally settle these cases for our clients without suing the at-fault parties or going to trial. However, this may be necessary in some cases. South Carolina law allows us three years from the injury date to begin the process, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. We need to get started much sooner to uncover evidence and pursue an out-of-court settlement, however.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Speak to a Team Member About Pursuing Damages in Your Case for Free Today
A Greenville fall accidents lawyer from Hammack Law Firm may be able to help you with your insurance claim or lawsuit. Once you have received treatment, call our slip and fall injury lawyers to review your case during a free consultation. We may be able to help if you slipped or fell at work, someone’s home, a business, or in a public location.
Call (864) 326-3333 to get started with your case review right away.