Our team will review your case and explain your right to seek justice if you suffered injuries in a crash caused by a tow truck driver in Florence County, SC. We hold truck drivers and their employers liable for accident victims and work hard to recover compensation on their behalf.
A tow truck accidents lawyer from Hammack Law Firm will develop a solid claim, support it with evidence, and demand a fair payout based on the damages in your case. This will likely include money damages for your financial, physical, and emotional harm, as well as other losses.
Recoverable Damages in a Florence Truck Accident Claim
The common expenses and losses we recover for clients after a South Carolina tow truck accident include:
- Medical care and treatment costs
- Future care and support needs
- Lost income from any wages you missed at work
- Reduced ability to earn if you have lasting injuries
- Repairs to your damaged vehicle
- Pain and suffering damages
- Other non-economic losses
We also represent families who lost a beloved spouse, parent, or child in a traffic accident with a tow truck. If your immediate family member passed away from their injuries, the executor of their estate can file a wrongful death action under S.C. Ann. § 15-51-10. The damages recoverable in these cases include:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income and benefits the decedent would have earned
- Loss of services
- Loss of care and companionship
- Other intangible losses suffered by the decedent’s survivors
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving Florence, call 864-740-8653
Our Attorneys Represent Florence Tow Truck Accident Victims
At Hammack Law Firm, our truck accident team has excellent Google Reviews and client testimonials. This is because we strive to provide compassionate support and thoughtful understanding to every collision victim we work with.
We treat our clients like we would our friends and family. Every case gets a lot of time, attention, and firm resources. Hammack Law Firm truly provides a big firm experience with a small firm feel.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers are Ready to Fight for You
We make it our mission to build personal relationships with our clients while also making South Carolina a safer place for everyone. To accomplish this, our truck accident team:
- Holds negligent parties accountable for their careless and reckless behavior on South Carolina roadways
- Seeks financial compensation for truck accident victims
- Takes a stance against predatory tactics used by trucking and insurance companies to avoid payment
- Fights for safety measures that protect all South Carolinians
Our truck accident attorneys will gather evidence and file an insurance claim on your behalf. While most cases settle at this point, we prepare each claim as if it will be taken to trial. Being fully prepared allows us to sue and force the insurance company to do more if necessary. We are not afraid to take any case to trial, no matter how big the liable party is.
Hammack Law Firm works on contingency, which means that we do not charge any upfront fees. Instead, we get paid a percentage of any settlement that we recover for you.
Florence Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Why Tow Truck Accidents Occur
Tow trucks respond to situations quickly and are often in precarious positions while on the scene to pick up a vehicle, increasing the risk that tow truck drivers will be involved in a crash. This is one reason why tow truck drivers must have specific training, and the industry requires strict maintenance and safety inspections of equipment.
Tow trucks are much larger and heavier than passenger cars, so a collision between the two can be deadly or life-altering for anyone in a smaller vehicle. Tow truck drivers have a responsibility to drive and operate their trucks with care. Still, accidents happen.
Some common causes of tow truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Inexperience or lack of training
- Poorly loaded and secured cargo
- Careless or reckless driving
- Improperly maintained trucks and equipment
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Proving Negligence and Liability in a Tow Truck Accident
Our team of Florence tow truck accident attorneys will handle every step of your claim and work to prove that the tow truck driver caused your crash. This includes:
- Investigating the crash
- Surveying the accident scene
- Working with experts, including accident reconstruction experts
- Obtaining police reports, medical records, and other evidence
- Taking eyewitness statements
- Valuing the losses you have suffered
- Managing the case to protect your legal rights
- Filing the claim and negotiating a fair settlement with the insurer
- Suing the liable parties if necessary
When Hammack Law Firm files an insurance claim or civil suit for a tow truck collision in Florence, the legal doctrine of respondeat superior applies. This doctrine was affirmed by the South Carolina Supreme Court in Sams v. Arthur (1926) and dozens of other cases.
Under respondeat superior, we do not only pursue damages for our client from the tow truck driver. Instead, we hold their employer vicariously liable as well. If the tow truck driver was working within the “course and scope” of their job, their employer may also be at fault.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Navigating the Claims Process After a Florence Tow Truck Accident
For most tow truck accident cases, our team gathers evidence, values the claim, and demands an appropriate payout from the towing company’s insurance provider. Most insurance companies will respond with a lowball offer, which begins the negotiations process.
Because we have evidence to support your claim’s value, we can demand justice for you. The insurer knows that we will sue their policyholder and take them to trial if we do not recover the appropriate compensation for our client at this stage. Usually, we are able to come to a fair settlement agreement.
If we end up suing in a Florence County civil court, there are only a few reasons why:
- The insurer will not offer a fair settlement.
- The liable parties are disputing facts of the case, such as the cause of the crash.
- We are getting too close to the statute of limitations deadline, which is three years after the accident under C. Ann. § 15-3-530
Talk to a Florence Tow Truck Accidents Lawyer About Your Crash Today
The team at Hammack Law Firm is ready to talk with you about your tow truck accident case. We will assess your options and explain your legal rights. Learn how we will help you hold those at fault accountable. Call (864) 326-3333 for your free consultation today.
Call or text 864-740-8653 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form