When commercial trucks get into accidents, the likelihood of a severe injury, fatality, or property damage is high due to the size of these vehicles compared to passenger vehicle cars. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) notes that the number of people who passed away in large truck accidents was 31 percent higher in 2019 than a decade earlier.
If you or a loved one sustained a severe injury or property damage in a collision with a commercial truck in Florence, South Carolina, you could receive compensation from a liable party. A Florence commercial truck accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm can prepare your case for litigation or negotiations and petition for compensation on your behalf.
Liability Can Fall Onto Truck Drivers, Companies, and Other Parties in an Accident
When you bring your case forward to us for review, one of the first things we will want to determine is responsibility for your injuries or damages. While the truck driver was involved in the accident, they are not always the liable party—especially if they were working at the time of the accident or if other factors beyond their driving caused it.
Any of these parties could be a liable party in your case:
- The truck driver: Truck drivers who work as independent contractors could be held liable for any accidents they cause. You would file a claim through their personal auto insurance.
- The trucking company: If the truck driver works as an employee for a shipping company, you could hold their employer vicariously liable for any accidents they cause while working. You would file a claim through the company’s insurance policy.
- A maintenance company: If improper or lack of maintenance was a causal factor for the accident, the maintenance worker or company that last worked on the truck might hold liability for their negligence.
- A manufacturing company: If a vehicle malfunction led to the accident, you could seek compensation from the truck’s manufacturer or a parts manufacturer, depending on what part of the truck malfunctioned or failed.
- A municipality: If environmental factors contributed to the accident, you might hold the municipality that governs the road where the accident took place responsible. For example, let’s say it snowed along the Martin Luther King overpass in Florence, and the local government did not respond appropriately to salt the streets within a reasonable time. If the truck lost control because of icy conditions and crashed into your car, you could hold the city liable for negligence.
- A third-party driver: In some cases, a third-party driver may be responsible for the accident, in which case you would file a claim with their insurance company.
At Hammack Law Firm, we want to hold the right parties responsible for their conduct. We are also not afraid to take your case to court if filing an insurance claim does not lead to a fair settlement for you.
For a free legal consultation with a commercial truck accidents lawyer serving Florence, call 864-740-8653
An Attorney from Our Firm will Calculate How Much Compensation You Can Pursue
Once we establish which parties might owe you compensation, we must send a demand letter illustrating the types of damages you suffered and their value. These damages may include:
- Medical treatment costs, both current and future expenses
- Pain and suffering, which includes emotional and physical pain
- Current and future income loss, including benefits and pensions
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Reduced earning potential
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress, such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, we understand how overwhelming their death is to process. As you and your family grieve a deceased loved one, a Florence commercial truck accident lawyer from our team can take the reins and lead your case. They can also pursue additional damages related to your loved one’s death, such as funeral arrangement costs and loss of inheritance, along with emotional losses.
Florence Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Our Legal Team will Guide You Throughout the Claims or Litigation Process
Working with the team at Hammack Law Firm allows you to prioritize your physical recovery while we handle the legal work involved with building your case. We offer these services to clients:
- Private investigation: We will review relevant information about your accident, such as the crash report, and take other steps to retrieve evidence or information about your case. During our investigation, we will identify the liable party or parties, collect evidence that supports your claims about the accident and your damages, and interview witnesses to testify on your behalf if necessary.
- Communication services: Your personal injury lawyer will handle communications related to your Florence truck accident case, meaning you can refer anyone calling from the other party’s insurance company or legal team to your lawyer. We will also update you should new messages, settlement offers, or court notices come in.
- Legal representation: Your lawyer can appear in settlement negotiation meetings and court hearings to present your case and pursue compensation on your behalf. They will notify you of meeting or court dates as well as if your presence is necessary.
Our team will also fulfill other legal work, such as filling out paperwork and filing motions, so you are not burdened with legal jargon.
If you ever have any questions about your case, our team is more than happy to respond to you. We treat our clients like family, so don’t ever feel like you can’t be honest about any concerns you have. We’re here for you.
Hammack Law Firm Works Hard to Satisfy Our Clients and Have Their Stories Heard
At Hammack Law Firm, we proudly serve our clients and remain compassionate toward their experiences. We fight for truck accident victims in South Carolina because we know you and many others have experienced significant losses and are entitled to receive compensation for them.
Our Google reviews illustrate how we treat our clients:
- “There are not enough words to describe the great experience that I have had dealing with all of the kind people at Hammack Law [Firm]. Whenever I called or texted, you would think I was their only client. They immediately answered and (were) always so professional, but yet made me feel like family. … You will not be sorry you went to see them. I have not been once. Thank you for everything!” – Jean Smith
- “This was by far the best experience I’ve ever encountered with a law firm. Lynn Dunn was such an awesome and sweet person who made the process a breeze. I was thoroughly pleased with the firm that treated me like one of their own. Thank you Mr. Paul Hammack and Mrs. Lynn Dunn I appreciate you both so much and I’ll recommend your firm to all my family and friends. Thanks so much.” – Gray Rogers
- “Paul Hammack and his team provide top-notch legal services, but more importantly they truly care about their clients! Highly recommended!” – Tyler Lee
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Your Commercial Truck Accident Lawsuit has a Deadline in South Carolina
Another thing to keep in mind is that your lawsuit has a time limit in South Carolina. Per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you generally have three years from the accident date to submit your case.
Our team can confirm your case’s filing deadline, including whether other factors might affect the general deadline and either shorten or extend it.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Free Consultation When You Call Our Firm
Accidents involving commercial trucks can be life-altering, whether you’re recovering from serious injuries or coping with the loss of a loved one. Our law firm advocates for accident victims – our mission is to help people like you hold trucking companies and related parties accountable for their negligence and compensate victims for their damages.
Call (864) 326-3333 today to get a free consultation from a member at Hammack Law Firm and learn more about how a Florence commercial truck accident lawyer can help you with your case.