Cargo trucks serve a valuable role in society because they transport goods people need – from food and water to gasoline and natural resources. Even simple mail delivery often involves cargo trucks at some point. Yet, with heavy cargo comes heavy responsibility, as truck drivers must be trained and licensed to properly drive these huge vehicles while keeping others safe on the road. If they don’t, serious injuries and even death could occur.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or property damage in a collision with a cargo truck in Florence, South Carolina, you could pursue compensation to cover those damages. At Hammack Law Firm, we can assign a Florence cargo truck accident lawyer to your case to help you collect evidence and form an argument against the liable party.
We Take Careful Steps to Investigate Your Truck Accident to Build Your Case File
Truck accident cases can be more complicated than standard car accident cases involving two drivers. Certain facts about a truck accident may not be readily apparent to a responding officer, which means some information won’t appear in the crash report. Instead, it will require further inspection or investigation to discover.
When you become a Hammack Law Firm client, we investigate your accident after reviewing the information already logged in the official accident report. For example, the reporting officer may note in the report:
- The at-fault driver for the accident.
- Whether severe injuries, property damage, or death occurred at the time of the accident.
- Whether the truck driver used their auto insurance or their employer’s.
- Whether there were any eyewitnesses.
- Contact and driver information of all involved parties.
- Time and date of the accident.
What We Search for in Our Investigation
The crash report serves as a starting point to our investigation, but we take it a step further. We confirm details and search for additional factors that we can use as leverage during your case. We will pursue:
- Whether other liable parties exist: While the crash report details who may be at fault for the cargo truck accident, it might not indicate all possible liable parties. We could hold employers vicariously liable for truck drivers who were working at the time of the accident. Alternatively, if a vehicle malfunction leads to a crash, we could hold a maintenance or manufacturing company liable for negligence. We may inspect your vehicle to see what causal factors might point to a different party besides the truck driver.
- Whether nearby residences or businesses captured the accident: Depending on where your cargo truck accident occurred, a surveillance camera at a nearby building might have captured the event on video. If so, we will request copies or original recordings of the accident before the surveillance software automatically deletes them.
- Who witnessed the accident: If there were witnesses near the accident scene, we would contact them to record their testimony. Their recounting of the accident may support your claims about how the events took place.
- Whether underlying causal factors exist: As mentioned, if a vehicle malfunctions, another party besides the truck driver might be liable. However, to discover a mechanical failure, we would have to inspect the cargo truck. Alternatively, we may also investigate the accident scene to see if environmental factors, such as road construction or debris, led to the accident.
Other Services Our Firm Offers
Beyond investigating your truck accident, our attorneys will also provide these services to build your case:
- Having paperwork filled out and submitted by their deadlines.
- Communicating with inquiring parties, such as the other party’s lawyers, insurance companies, and court officials.
- Calculating the value of your damages to determine how much compensation you could collect.
- Negotiating a potential settlement on your behalf.
- Representing you at trial should you decide to move forward with a lawsuit.
- Providing legal counsel whenever you want guidance regarding your case.
For a free legal consultation with a cargo truck accidents lawyer serving Florence, call 864-740-8653
We Will Help You Determine Which Damages May Be Compensable By Law
Another primary task your Florence cargo truck accident lawyer will perform involves calculating how much compensation to demand for your injuries. We base this figure on specific values. Each personal injury case is unique in the damages a plaintiff might suffer, so there is no “average” to go off when evaluating a client’s case.
Instead, we will carefully review and assess these possible losses:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future loss of income
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Property damages costs, such as to repair or replace your vehicle
- Domestic costs if your injuries prevent you from taking care of your home or children
- Permanent disability or disfigurement damages
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress, including psychological trauma
You may qualify for other damages, ranging from losses related to home modifications you must make to accommodate your disability to damages related to a loved one’s death.
If your truck accident did lead to your loved one’s passing, we extend our condolences. Allow one of our wrongful death attorneys to manage your case and allow you to grieve in peace, as we know how difficult (and potentially traumatic) navigating the claims or litigation process can be.
Florence Cargo Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
South Carolina Sets a Deadline for All Personal Injury Cases
In South Carolina, plaintiffs generally have three years to submit a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit after their truck accident, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. Certain exceptions may apply that might extend, suspend, or shorten this statutory deadline, such as when a municipality is named as a liable party, or the plaintiff is a minor.
Our personal injury attorneys will confirm your case’s filing deadline during our investigation, which is typically done by reviewing the crash report to check the official date of the accident. This date generally starts the filing window period, and failure to meet your case’s deadline could lead to the judge dismissing your case.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Call Hammack Law Firm to Start Working with a Florence Truck Accident Lawyer
If you are interested in working with a cargo truck accident lawyer serving Florence, South Carolina, our legal team at Hammack Law Firm can provide one for you. Our attorneys go the extra mile for our clients because we believe in the causes we fight for. We seek to bring more safety to South Carolina roadways and holding at-fault and liable parties accountable.
You can get a free case review with our team when you call (864) 326-3333. Our phone lines are open 24/7, so don’t hesitate to reach out now.