You and your family should not have to bear the financial burden of your tow truck accident alone. If your accident occurred in or around Charleston, a tow truck accidents lawyer from Hammack Law Firm will take swift action on your behalf.
Our firm has both the passion and the experience to help people like you get justice and fair compensation from the at-fault party when it comes to truck accidents. We are not afraid to put in long hours or take your lawsuit to court – whatever it takes to win your case – as is evidenced by the many positive reviews we have received.
Time Is Limited to Take Legal Action in Charleston
If you decide to file a lawsuit for damages, you must do so within three years of the accident. This is the statute of limitations codified at S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. The same is true if a loved one passed away in a tow truck accident and you wish to file suit on their behalf.
We will act quickly to ensure that the liable party does not get away with their negligence and that your family recovers an appropriate amount of compensation. We do this by:
- Evaluating your case: At no charge or obligation, we will let you know if your case is viable and how we can help you file it.
- Gathering evidence: We will investigate your case thoroughly. This may include visiting the accident scene, collecting necessary documentation, and more.
- Filing all paperwork: Our team will send and respond to all paperwork required by your case.
- Negotiating on your behalf: Do not worry about having to confront the liable party or their insurance company. We will do so for you and work hard to make them pay what you need.
- Advocating for you in court: If the liable party will not pay fair compensation, we are prepared to take your case to trial and fight for a jury award.
- Putting your needs first: As Tracy Strevel, a former client, put it, we “know how to take care of clients!” Our team will do everything possible to make the legal process as accessible and stress-free as possible.
Finally, we will also defer all attorneys’ fees until you have received your compensation. This way, you do not have to worry about how you will afford a tow truck accident attorney during this difficult time. The last thing we want is for anyone who wants legal representation to forego it due to financial concerns.
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 864-740-8653
Tow Truck Accident Victims May Be Entitled to Compensation
Tow truck accident victims may qualify for various types of damages. Once you become our client, we will:
- Determine how much your injuries are worth
- Calculate the exact amount you should seek from the liable party
- Ensure that the liable party’s insurance company does not try to offer less than you deserve
Examples of Damages
Here are a few examples of the types of damages people commonly seek after an accident caused by a tow truck. We can let you know for sure which ones apply to you when we review your case.
- Pain and suffering: Were your injuries physically painful? Did they or the accident itself lead to emotional trauma?
- Reduced quality of life: Have you had to make significant changes to your lifestyle because of the physical limitations brought about by your injury?
- Disfigurement: Did your injuries leave you with permanent marks that affect your appearance or your ability to use certain body parts?
- Disability: Do you have permanent injuries that affect your physical and/or intellectual capabilities? Were you temporarily disabled but expect to recover?
- Medical bills: Did your injuries necessitate a trip to the emergency room or any other medical facility? Do you expect to require further treatment in the future?
- Repair bills: Was your car damaged in the tow truck accident? Did you need to pay for alternative modes of transportation until your car was fixed or replaced?
- Past loss of wages: Did you have to take time off from work—or at least reduce your working hours—to let your accident injuries heal?
- Future loss of wages: Are your personal injuries so severe that you can never earn as much money as you did before the accident?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you probably qualify for damages. However, there are many other types of compensation not listed here that you may also be entitled to receive.
To ensure that you know what you deserve and how to get it, let us help you with your case.
Charleston Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Accidents Caused By Tow Trucks Are All Too Often Deadly
When truck accidents occur, the truck occupants themselves are the least likely to be killed, according to a study by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Large truck occupants made up only 4 percent of all traffic fatalities in 2019.
- That same year, light truck occupants made up 14 percent of all fatalities.
- By comparison, passenger car occupants made up 34 percent of all fatalities.
These numbers indicate several facts:
- Trucks are not as common as smaller vehicles; it is only natural that they would be involved in fewer fatal accidents.
- Trucks offer their drivers sufficient protection so that many accident drivers can walk away.
- Smaller vehicles offer less protection in an accident than trucks do. If a truck hits a car, the car occupants are in more danger than the larger, heavier truck occupants.
Tow truck accidents in Charleston have the potential to cause severe, life-changing injuries and even fatalities. But, you do not have to face the consequences of such an accident alone. The tow truck accident lawyers from Hammack Law Firm are here to ensure that you receive the compassion, justice, and damages you deserve.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Let a Tow Truck Accident Attorney in Charleston Get Started on Your Case Today
Hammack Law Firm wants to make South Carolina safer for everyone. To do this, we advocate for truck safety reforms and help victims get justice. To find out what a tow truck accident attorney from our firm can do to help you, call us at (864) 326-3333. We proudly serve Charleston and the entire state of South Carolina.