According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS), more than 1,000 accidents involving a truck tractor, including semi-trucks, led to an injury, 83 resulted in a fatality, and over 4,000 resulted in property damage. On top of this, Charleston County was listed as one of two counties that had the highest number of fatal traffic collisions in South Carolina in 2019.
If you or a loved one sustained an injury in a collision with a semi-truck or another large truck, you may qualify to file a claim or lawsuit about your accident. Our team at Hammack Law Firm advocates for truck accident victims because we understand how complex these cases can be. Our Charleston semi-truck accident lawyer will guide you through this process and fight for the compensation you need.
You May Qualify for Several Compensable Damages as a Truck Accident Victim
At Hammack Law Firm, we care about the experiences our clients have had. We want to listen to your story and understand the impact your truck accident had on your life, whether that involves losing your job because of your injuries or being traumatized from driving on certain roadways, like I-26 or Cannon Street.
During a consultation, we will discuss which damages you can list in your demand letter for compensation, which might include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage costs, such as repair costs or cash value of your vehicle
- Pain and suffering, both emotional and physical
- Current and future income loss, including benefits or pensions
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Reduced earning potential
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If, upon learning about your case, we recognize other compensable damages, we will let you know about them and factor them into the overall estimate of your case’s value. Our lawyer will also explain the process we use to calculate your damages.
Surviving Families Can Pursue Damages on Their Late Loved One’s Behalf
If you are bringing a case forward on behalf of a late loved one, we want to extend our condolences. We understand how deeply taxing trying to balance one’s grief with legal matters can be. Our lawyers want to relieve you of as much emotional stress as possible so that you can leave it to us to manage your case for you.
With a wrongful death lawsuit, you may pursue damages such as:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of financial support
- Medical debts inherited from your loved one
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 864-326-3333
Our Charleston Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers will Manage Your Case for You
If you decide to work with an attorney from Hammack Law Firm, you can expect the following services:
- Case review and investigation: We will review your case for free, then investigate further for additional information and potential evidence. This may involve requesting black box data, surveying video footage that captured the accident, or confirming whether multiple parties may be liable for your injuries.
- Legal paperwork and communications: Our attorneys will also draft out and prepare legal paperwork for you and file appropriate documents within their deadlines. Should any party reach out for a statement or offer you a settlement deal, we will handle these communications so that your case remains protected. We’ll relay updates as they come.
- Legal representation during meetings and at trial: Whether you decide to negotiate a settlement deal on an insurance claim or petition for compensation at trial, one of our personal injury lawyers will serve as your legal representative and present your case. They will provide advice and guidance to help you make decisions, but ultimately, they will stay true to your interests.
If you would like to learn more about our legal services, you can ask about them during your free consultation with one of our team members. We aim to be transparent about our services, including how clients pay for them.
Our team works on a contingency fee basis, meaning you are not obligated to pay any attorney’s fees unless we secure you a settlement deal or successful verdict. If we do not win compensation for you, you owe us nothing. Our fees are also paid through a percentage of your compensation award, so you never have to pay us out of pocket.
Charleston Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
You Must Submit Your Truck Accident Case Within South Carolina’s Deadline
Per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, plaintiffs generally have three years from the date of their truck accident to submit their lawsuit in South Carolina. While certain exceptions may apply to extend or toll this rule, such as cases involving a minor or if the defendant leaves the state, failure to comply with this legal rule may put your case at risk of dismissal.
If your case is dismissed, you cannot use a lawsuit as leverage during negotiations with the other party to reach a settlement, which may weaken your stance. Our legal team will determine your case’s filing determine, then monitor its progress as we work to negotiate a settlement deal. If we suspect any stalling, we will file your case accordingly.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Multiple Parties May Be Liable for Your Truck Accident
Semi-truck drivers can work as contractors or as employees of a trucking company. If it is the latter, then the trucking company may be vicariously liable for your injuries. This means you would have grounds to file a claim or lawsuit against them.
When we manage truck accident cases, we skip no details during our investigation. Depending on what caused your truck accident, we may investigate whether other parties may be liable for your injuries. For example, other potentially liable parties include:
- Maintenance companies
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Vehicle parts manufacturers
- Third-party drivers
Our team will confirm how many parties you have grounds to sue in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Now to Start Working with a Charleston Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a collision with a semi-truck, you may pursue compensation from the truck driver or a related liable party by filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A Charleston semi-truck accident lawyer from Hammack Law Firm will start working on your case as soon as you decide to work with our team.
Start your legal journey today by calling our team at (864) 326-3333. A representative will explain what options you have for litigation and the services we provide to prepare your case.