A fuel tanker accident can leave you with catastrophic injuries or result in the loss of someone you love. As a result, seeking compensation can be daunting while you are also struggling to recover or mourning your loss. If you face these circumstances, our truck accident team can help you seek compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Our Charleston fuel tanker accident lawyer understands how to navigate the legal system to seek monetary recovery for you. Our team at Hammack Law Firm will help you identify the at-fault party, prove their negligence, and establish the financial value of your damages. We are prepared to work with the at-fault party’s insurer or take the case to court on your behalf. A free consultation awaits when you call.
The Dangers of Colliding with a Fuel Tanker
According to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) research for 2018, 59,933 large trucks were involved in accidents that caused serious injuries. An additional 4,862 large trucks were involved in fatal crashes.
Fuel tankers carrying hazardous materials accounted for three percent of these fatal collisions and two percent of injury collisions. In 16 percent of these accidents, placarded fuel tankers released hazardous materials.
Hammack Law Firm Stands up for Truck Accident Victims and Community Safety
Our law firm is committed to helping injury victims seek justice and compensation when these accidents occur. Meanwhile, we also fight for increased safety measures in the trucking industry to prevent incidents like these in the first place, making our roads safer for every traveler.
When our firm represents you, we negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance provider for an appropriate settlement when possible. However, if the insurance company is not agreeable or going to court is the best option, we will prepare your case for trial and represent you in front of the jury.
Potential Compensation From a Fuel Tanker Collision in Charleston
Fuel tanker accidents can lead to life-changing injuries with costly and ongoing medical expenses. Our truck accident team is here to help you prove the costs of your injuries and help you build a case for monetary compensation. With our direction and support, you could prove your right to recover the following types of damages:
- Medical bills for required injury treatments and long-term rehabilitation
- Income loss for the time it takes to recover, and future reduce earning capacity
- Compensation for physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering
- Compensation for property damage or replacement value
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one suffered fatal injuries in the accident
To help you fight for recovery, we start by identifying the at-fault party. In a fuel tanker accident, that might be the truck’s driver, their employer, or the truck’s manufacturer. Once we identify the right party or parties to pursue, we go to work building your case and proving the negligence that led to the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a fuel tanker accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 864-740-8653
We will Build a Comprehensive Case File for You
The severity of your fuel tanker accident injuries can mean you receive treatment from multiple doctors, rehab and therapy specialists, and mental health professionals. Our team can help you compile the documents detailing your medical care. We also help you obtain your:
- Employment, salary, and financial records for estimating lost income
- List of medications and assistive devices for the injuries
- Accident report, photos, and video footage
- Statements from all available witnesses explaining what they saw related to the collision
After a truck accident, you can benefit from a legal team that handles all the case-related details for you and who stands up to the at-fault party’s insurance company. We also make sure you understand relevant personal injury and insurance laws and their impact on your case.
Complying with South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations is Critical
South Carolina’s statute of limitations generally gives you three years to file a lawsuit for your injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. Our team makes sure your case is filed on time because we understand the consequences of an expired deadline. If that happens:
- You will not be able to file your lawsuit at all.
- The at-fault party cannot be compelled to compensate you.
We handle these and all other relevant deadlines for you in a warm, supportive, and responsive environment that has a small firm feel, but big firm experience.
Charleston Fuel Tanker Accident Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
The Hammack Law Firm Advantage
Our law firm helps accident victims in Charleston seek financial recovery from the at-fault party and their insurer. When our fuel tanker accident lawyer is on your side, we:
- Handle all insurance company communication
- Compile proof of the at-fault party’s negligence
- Locate and interview supportive witnesses
- Read and review your medical records
- Read and review the truck accident report and other evidence in the trucking company’s possession
With a goal to resolve your case as seamlessly as possible, our truck accident team strives to negotiate a settlement for you. Still, we are not afraid to take your case to trial if needed and will ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time to preserve your right to go to court.
What Previous Clients Have to Say About Our Law Firm
Our team works hard to treat every client we represent like we treat our own friends and family. We add a personal touch to the legal process that leads to reviews and testimonials like these:
- “Paul and his team are outstanding…Throughout my process, communication was consistent, time and patience played a huge role, yet HLF never suggested throwing in the towel…I will always suggest HLF…Thank you, Hammack Law Firm.” – Vonda E. Johnson
- “Paul Hammack and his team provide top-notch legal services, but more importantly they truly care about their clients! Highly recommended!” – Tyler Lee
- “I have never met a law firm that genuinely cared for their clients…Paul Hammock and his team help[ed] me get what I deserved…Words cannot express my gratitude for all your hard work and dedication.” – Monica Opdyke
Our law firm earns reviews like these because we give our clients the time and attention they deserve and fight hard for their financial recovery.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Get Your Free Consultation with Our Truck Accident Team Today
Were you or someone you love injured in an accident with a fuel tanker in Charleston? Contact the Hammack Law Firm team today at (864) 326-3333 to see how hard our fuel tanker accident lawyer fights for your financial recovery. The initial consultation is free, and we charge nothing upfront for our representation.