What happens in the immediate aftermath of a semi-truck accident may make an important difference in your physical and financial recovery. It is important that you get immediate medical care and adhere to your prescribed treatment plan. You may also want legal support when you seek compensation from the at-fault driver. When our team supports you, we can:
- Collect evidence to prove the at-fault truck driver’s negligence
- Document your physical and financial damages
- Define and comply with the statute of limitations
Semi-Truck Accident Compensation You May Be Entitled to
The injuries you sustain in a semi-truck accident can lead to short-term and long-term physical damages that require extensive medical care and rehabilitation. The current and future medical care you require may be recoverable when you file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Additional recoverable damages include:
- Current and future loss of income
- Property repair or replacement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Long-term physical impairment
- Mental and emotional distress
- Applicable funeral and burial expenses
Our goal is to build a personal relationship with you and make South Carolina’s roads safer for all drivers. To do that, we aim to hold negligent drivers financially liable for their actions and fight for compensation for our clients. While you recover from the physical aftermath of the accident, we can work hard to ensure your financial recovery.
We Deal with Insurance Company Paperwork So You Don’t Have to
Because our team is client-centered, we treat you with compassion and empathy—the same way we treat our own friends and family members. While you deal with your injuries, we deal with the at-fault party’s insurance company on your behalf. This will include:
- Bringing humanity and compassion to a difficult experience
- Making sure your case gets the time and attention it needs
- Obtaining, submitting, and completing all your insurance claim forms
- Compiling and submitting all requested documents and evidence
A semi-truck accident might generate an alarming amount of paperwork. From crash reports to medical records, our team can make sure our investigation results in a comprehensive case file to help us seek the best possible outcome for you and your family.
We Can Preserve Your Ability to File Your Lawsuit Before Time Runs Out
The majority of truck accident cases are settled out of court. As such, our team may strive to settle your case with the at-fault party’s insurer. However, it’s still important that we ensure compliance with the statute of limitations—this protects your right to file a lawsuit, should settlement negotiations fail. In Anderson, South Carolina Annotated Code §15-3-530 generally gives you three years to file:
- A personal injury lawsuit if you suffered injuries
- A wrongful death lawsuit if your family member was fatally injured
The sooner our team is involved in your potential lawsuit, the more time we will have to build a case without worrying about the filing deadline. Our goal is to prove the at-fault party’s liability and your right to monetary recovery. With early involvement, we might be able to conduct early interviews and investigations.
Our Google Reviews Attest to Our Commitment to Serve
We pride ourselves on our team’s client service. Our Google reviews substantiate the warmth, support, and kindness of our firm. Previous clients say:
- “Great firm! Entire staff was nothing but caring and helpful. Paul H. and Ms. Lynn are the best you can have in your corner!! Highly recommended!”
- “Mr. Paul and his team have been great to work with. They make you feel like you’re a part of the family. I can honestly say that they care about you and your wellbeing and getting your case settled. Thank you, guys, for everything that you did for me!”
You can read more of our Google reviews online and find out how hard we will work to make sure you get the responsive, supportive help you need while we fight for the compensation you deserve.
Negligence We Can Prove in Your Case
Semi-truck accidents might have a number of causes, including vehicle malfunctions, shifting cargo, road and weather conditions, and driver error. Common driver errors that cause accidents include:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
When our team goes to work on your semi-truck accident case, we will use your crash report, witness statements, notes, and diagrams from the investigating officer to identify and prove the negligence that led to your accident.
Get Help from an Anderson Semi-Truck Accident Attorney Today
When you are ready to seek financial compensation from an at-fault truck driver, our firm can help by providing you with a small firm feel and big firm experience. We also work on a contingency–fee–basis so you can get legal support without paying any upfront or out-of-pocket expenses.
If we do not win your case, we will not charge you any fees. Get help today by calling (864) 326-3333 to reach the client intake team at Hammack Law Firm.