A minor slip and fall accident can result in a few scrapes on the knees, elbows, or hands. However, depending on where it happens or even how old you are, a slip and fall can be lethal or cause lasting harm if you survive.
At Hammack Law Firm, we handle slip and fall injury cases to help Anderson residents who’ve been injured while on other people’s property. If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury because a negligent owner or manager did not keep the premises safe, a slip and fall accident lawyer from our team may be able to help you fight for compensation.
Our Law Firm Keeps Clients Informed Throughout the Legal Process
Litigation is often intimidating to people, as it involves understanding technicalities in law and the parameters you can act in. However, you do not have to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit on your own in Anderson.
With the help of a slip and fall accident lawyer from our team, you can focus on your recovery while we take on the legal burden of building your case for you. After you consult with our team, we can begin taking legal steps to prepare your case, which may involve:
- Identifying who owns the property where your slip and fall accident occurred and whether they can be held liable for your damages
- Investigating further information about your accident and collecting any evidence we discover
- Speaking with other involved parties in your case, such as insurance companies, opposing attorneys, and eyewitnesses
- Preparing legal paperwork for your case and filing forms when necessary
Depending on whether you file a personal injury claim or lawsuit, one of our lawyers may either negotiate a potential settlement for you or present your case in court. In some cases, we might start with pursuing an insurance settlement and take your case to trial if negotiations are not meeting your needs.
Our Google Reviews Show the Compassion We Give Our Clients
Our law firm prides itself on giving clients the “small firm feel with the big firm experience.” We will treat you like family while using all of the resources available to make your case comprehensive and thorough.
We hope to make you feel valued as our client as we have for others in the past. Below are just a few of our Google reviews to show what kind of treatment you might expect from our team:
- Jasmyn Rose: “[Hammack Law Firm] truly treat[s] you like family, and they go over and beyond to look out for you, whether or not it was wishing you well wishes on holidays or … messaging you after hours just to check in on you.”
- Summer: “I cannot express how pleased I am with Hammack Law Firm! They really do treat you like family here. Always willing to go the extra mile for you!”
- Jerry Oates: “Paul Hammack and his staff brought their ‘A-Game’ in representing me. … They patiently worked on my case for several years until I was recovered and always kept me up to date on its status. … [Paul] always made me feel that [my case] was the most important with the attention he gave.”
Our Skilled Team of Attorneys Can Help You Calculate the Value of Your Fall-Related Damages
Another service we offer our clients is damage assessment. We can calculate the value of the damages you experienced so that you know how much compensation you may be entitled to collect.
Regarding your medical care expenses, you may be able to pursue a wide variety of treatment costs. If you needed to pay for any of the following to treat your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation from the negligent property owner or manager:
- Emergency room treatment
- Hospitalization and other inpatient services
- Surgeries (including future surgeries you might need)
- Doctor’s appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medicines
- Imaging exams, such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs
- Bloodwork and other lab work
Other Potential Damages
Some people assume they can only receive compensation for their medical bills after a slip and fall injury, but you might be entitled to multiple other damages, such as:
- Current and future income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability, including vision and hearing loss
- Physical disfigurement, including scarring and burn marks
- Diminished quality of life
Our team aims to be thorough in calculating your damages, especially if your injuries are long-term or might even be permanent. Once we settle your case, you will not be able to pursue further compensation for damages. So, it is crucial we consider every conceivable aspect of your case before taking legal action.
You Must Meet Your Case’s Deadline If You Want to Sue for Compensation
According to S.C. Ann §15-3-530, which is South Carolina’s statute of limitations, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit about your slip and fall accident. The window period for filing your case begins on the day you were injured.
Keep in mind that other factors might shorten or toll the statutory deadline associated with your case, such as whether a minor or local government entity is involved. In fact, if you fell on government property and intend to sue for compensation, S.C. Ann §15-78-110 generally gives you two years to do so.
Do Not Hesitate to Take Action as Soon as Possible
If you do not file your lawsuit within its deadline, your case may get dismissed by a judge. This can happen when:
- It gets submitted, as in it gets immediately denied for being late
- The other party finds out you filed late and files a request to have your case dismissed
- A court judge reviews your case and discovers you filed past the statutory window period
If your case gets dismissed, you could lose your right to pursue compensation and would then have to cover your damages yourself. Rather than risk this outcome, our team can monitor your case’s deadline and take certain measures to have your case be on time.
Call the Attorneys at Hammack Law Firm Today to Hire a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Anderson
If you live in Anderson or a surrounding area in South Carolina, call Hammack Law Firm to help you build your slip and fall accident case. Our team can evaluate your case for a free consultation when you call (864) 326-3333. During your call, a team representative can also answer questions you have before you begin your legal journey.