Was someone you love injured in the nursing home you trusted to take care of them? If so, we can hold the nursing home accountable for your loved one’s neglect. Our team can request compensation for their medical care, current and future pain and suffering, and other related expenses.
You do not have to fight for your neglected loved one on your own. Our Anderson nursing home neglect lawyer will help you collect evidence, prepare a comprehensive case file, and assign a financial value to your case. Our Hammack Law Firm team will work to negotiate a favorable monetary settlement and file your potential lawsuit on time in case you need to go to court..
Signs and Evidence of Nursing Home Abuse
If you feel something isn’t right, you should pay significant attention to that gut feeling. This is especially true if your loved one is unable to communicate with you. Some common warning signs of elder abuse include:
- Sudden emotional or physical changes
- Hesitance when answering questions from loved ones
- Discomfort around certain staff members
- Apparent dehydration or malnourishment
- Untreated medical conditions or injuries
Pay attention to the facility itself. The following issues may indicate that the nursing home does not properly care for residents:
- Unanswered phone calls and requests
- Disorganized, overwhelmed, or inadequate facility staff
- High rates of nursing home staff turnover
The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) offers more signs of abuse that can help you recognize any behaviors or changes you may have noticed in your loved one. If you have noticed any of these danger signs, you can reach out to us. Our law firm will investigate the matter and seek compensation for your loved one if abuse or neglect is the case.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home neglect lawyer serving Anderson, call 864-326-3333
Recoverable Damages for Nursing Home Neglect
While no amount of compensation can atone for the physical and cognitive damages your loved one sustained, we fight hard for financial recovery that helps you and them get a fresh start.
By offering warm and supportive legal services, we encourage and support our clients because we care about them. In fact, if you work with us, you will get a small-firm feel combined with a big-firm experience. We also make sure you understand our fee agreement right from the beginning. If you do not win your case, we will not charge you any attorney’s fees.
The economic damages we request in your case include all relevant medical bills and required medications. It also covers the cost of assistive medical devices that support your loved one’s recovery, such as walkers and hospital beds. We also will request coverage for any therapies, surgical procedures, and transportation costs for their appointments.
In addition, no one should have to return to or stay in a nursing home where they do not feel safe and well cared for. We will request that you receive payment from the liable party to cover the costs of moving your loved one to a safer place.
The victims of nursing home negligence and their families can recover damages for their:
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Emotional anxiety
- Pain and suffering
When we represent you, we use your loved one’s nursing home records, incident reports, physical and mental health care records, and expected prognosis to determine how much their non-economic damages are worth.
Anderson Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer Near Me 864-326-3333
Our Anderson Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer Will Represent You and Your Loved One
When we represent nursing home neglect victims and their families, our mission is to build personal relationships and make South Carolina nursing homes safer for everyone. Because every member of our team is client-centered, we will:
- Treat you like we treat friends and family members
- Customize the personal injury experience for you
- Give every case the time and attention it deserves
We provide compassionate, empathetic legal support for you and your injured loved one. Our team serving clients in Anderson will identify the at-fault party, hold them accountable for their negligence, and fight for financial recovery for every single one of our clients.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
We Will File Your Nursing Home Neglect Case on Time
Getting medical care and moving your loved one to a safe facility are likely your immediate priorities after you discover abuse or neglect. While you deal with the aftermath of neglect and help your loved one cope with their circumstances, we concentrate on building and filing your case before time runs out.
In South Carolina, you generally have three years to file a lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. While our goal is to settle your case without going to court, we file your lawsuit in case we do not receive an appropriate personal injury settlement offer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recent Client Reviews and Testimonials
Our personal injury team is committed to helping injured clients and their families. Satisfied clients say the following about working with our law firm:
- “I want to give the highest praise to Lynn first of all and the rest of the Hammack Law team also!! But Lynn went above and beyond from start to finish and I can say…I feel as if she’s a part of the family!!” – Telvin Dawkins
- “Lynn, Paul, and the Hammack Law Firm team did an amazing job taking care of my auto accident claim…Lynn was so caring and took personal ownership of our case, fighting for us and making sure our case was settled for nothing less than the maximum.” – Haley Lyda
- “I was very pleased with the quality of work and the outcome of my case. I felt they were genuinely wanting to do what was in my best interest. I especially appreciated how well my demand described my case and the hard work that went into it!” – Tara Richter
Free Consultations Are Available 24/7
If your loved one experienced neglect in a nursing home, they could receive financial compensation. Our nursing home neglect lawyer helps Anderson family members protect their loved ones and the rights of other senior nursing home residents in Anderson.
Calling Hammack Law Firm team at (864) 326-3333 today to get started with a free consultation.