If you were in a rear-end collision, you have a lot on your mind right now, and you may be unsure of where to turn for answers and support. Call the office of Hammack Law Firm at 864-514-8192. An Anderson rear-end collision lawyer will fight for your rights and the compensation you deserve. Our firm will treat you like family as we advocate for your right to financial recovery.
Additionally, we offer our assistance on a contingency-fee-basis. You do not need to pay anything at the beginning of our working relationship to get our help. Your legal team only gets paid their attorney’s fees if they win your case.
We look forward to hearing from you. We encourage you to reach out to Hammack Law Firm today.
Rear-End Collisions Can Have Different Causes
Every car accident is different. Each collision is caused by a different array of factors, and so the at-fault party—in other words, who caused the accident—will not always be obvious. There may even be more than one at-fault party.
In car accident cases, the at-fault party could be one or more of the following:
Drivers do not always pay enough attention to the road. They may get distracted by their cell phones, changing the radio station, or picking up something that fell on the floor. Even taking your eyes off the road for “just a moment” can result in an accident.
If the responsible driver is a minor, they may not be liable for damages. S.C. Ann. § 56-1-110 states that, if a parent signs their minor child’s license application and there is no valid insurance in place, they may be responsible for any accident-related damages that their child causes.
Regardless of the other driver’s age, you should get their name, contact information, and insurance information before leaving the accident scene. This information could be used to develop your case later on.
A Vehicle’s Manufacturer
If the other vehicle was outfitted with a defective part, and that part’s malfunction contributed to the crash, the manufacturer may be liable. It was their responsibility to test the product’s effectiveness and safety, and to fix any dangerous errors before the product was sold to the public. You may be able to hold this party accountable for your collision-related damages.
A Government Municipality or Department
The South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) is currently working to improve the state’s roadways. Among other things, they hire contractors to maintain roads and keep them safe for public use. If these contractors make a mistake, cut corners, or left hazardous materials on the street, then the roadway may not have been safe for public use. If a roadway’s poor design or maintenance contributed to the collision, you may have a case against a government municipality or entity.
Our mission is to make South Carolina a safer place for everybody. That means finding all liable parties and holding them accountable for their actions. Call 864-514-8192 for a free case evaluation and to see why Hammack Law Firm has such great client testimonials and Google reviews.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collision lawyer serving Anderson, call 864-514-8192
You May Be Entitled to Compensation After a Rear-End Collision
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report that, in 2012, car accident victims who had to go to the emergency room spent an average of $3,300 for that visit. That is only the first of the many bills you may have to deal with after a rear-end collision, especially if your injuries required immediate medical attention.
Fortunately, if you recover compensation, you may be reimbursed for all of these expenses. Depending on the circumstances of your accident and the nature of your injuries, you may be entitled to two kinds of compensation: economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages cover financial losses you incurred because of the accident and your injuries.
Some examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses, if you had to visit the hospital and/or obtain further treatment, such as physical therapy or in-home care
- Repair expenses, if you had to get your car fixed or replaced, or if you had to rent a car while waiting for your own to be repaired
- Lost wages, if you had to miss work for days, weeks, or months
Noneconomic damages cover losses that do not have a monetary value. These damages sometimes comprise of physical and/or psychological losses you incurred because of the accident and your injuries.
Some examples of noneconomic damages include:
- Pain and suffering, if you experienced any kind of physical pain (e.g., a concussion) or psychological pain (e.g., depression), or if your injuries will continue to cause pain and suffering in the future
- Reduced quality of life, if your injuries will prevent you from living life the way you used to
- Disability, if your injuries permanently affected any of your senses, functions, or mobility
You may be eligible to recover damages not included here.
Anderson Rear-End Collision Lawyer Near Me 864-514-8192
Getting the Compensation You Deserve
An Anderson rear-end collision lawyer from Hammack Law Firm can take over your case, allowing you time to recover while we do the hard legal work.
We can help you by:
- Building a case. We start by listening to your account of what happened. If you have a case, we will launch an investigation, and collect evidence, like police reports and medical records, to back up your claim.
- Negotiating for compensation. The insurance company will likely offer you a settlement, but it might be much less than what you need and deserve. We can fight on your behalf for a fair settlement.
- Going to trial. If the insurance company’s settlement offer is unfair, you are not obligated to accept it. You can reject the offer and take them to court to try to get more money. If it comes to that, we will arrange for a trial and represent you before a judge and jury.
- Keeping in touch. We will always keep you updated about the progression of your case. But if you think of any questions in between updates, just pick up the phone. We are here for you.
At Hammack Law Firm, you will get big firm experience and small firm friendliness. We treat you the way we would want our own families to be treated in a similar situation. Give us a call at 864-514-8192 for a free case evaluation and to see what an Anderson rear-end collision lawyer can do for you.