A head-on collision involves at least two vehicles that collide at full speed(not always at full speed) in opposite directions. These collisions can occur if one or more motorists veer off from their lane to the opposite lane or accidentally drive in the wrong direction. An Anderson head-on collision lawyer can review the circumstances of your accident and pursue compensation from any at-fault parties involved.
Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 for a free consultation about how we can help you after a head-on collision.
Head-On Collisions Cause One in Ten Fatal Car Accidents
The Insurance Information Institute (III) notes that head-on collisions account for 10.1 percent of fatal motor vehicle collisions. Head-on crashes are one of the leading causes of collisions involving a motor vehicle. Those involved in head-on crashes have a high risk of injury.
Head-on collisions could be particularly dangerous if:
- One or both drivers are traveling at a fast speed
- Motorists or passengers involved in the accident are not wearing seatbelts
- Vehicles collide at a flush angle, rather than glancing off each other
- Airbags do not deploy as they are supposed to
- One or both drivers do not brake, swerve, or take other steps to reduce the intensity of the impact
A head-on collision could cause motorists or passengers to eject from the vehicle and may cause serious strain on their bodies even if they remain in the vehicle.
Potential Injuries from a Head-On Collision
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that motor vehicle accidents:
- Can cause tens of billions of dollars in lost income and productivity
- Can cause as much as $18 billion in medical costs from accidents incurred in a single year
- May account for as much as 1 million days of hospitalization each year
Injuries from a head-on collision that people might sustain will depend on where they were seated in a vehicle, the speed that the vehicles were traveling when the collision occurred, whether their vehicle’s safety devices functioned properly, and other factors about how the accident took place. Some possible injuries that people can get in a head-on collision include:
- Broken spine or other spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Ruptured or punctured organs
- Internal bleeding
- Dental injuries
- Mangling and disfigurement
Some injuries may become apparent at the time of the head-on collision, while others may develop after some time passes. In worst-case scenarios, people may die upon impact or from a severe injury sustained in the accident. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses, including the death of a loved one, and a lawyer may be able to help you pursue that compensation.
Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 to learn how an Anderson head-on collision lawyer can help you or a loved one after an accident causing injury or death.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collision lawyer serving Anderson, call 864-740-8653
A Lawyer Can Help You Pursue Compensation
If you have suffered losses and believe that another party is at fault for your accident, a lawyer can help you pursue compensation. Your lawyer may help you determine whether insurance is a viable course for pursuing compensation and can help you file a lawsuit if it is not.
Some losses that may entitle you to compensation include:
- The cost of emergency transportation and care
- The cost of nonemergency treatment for your injuries
- The total cost of being hospitalized
- Income that you lost because of your injuries
- Permanent disability
- Unwanted changes to your appearance, such as scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent or long-term damage to your earning capacity
- Opportunities that you cannot pursue because of your injuries
- Physical and psychological rehabilitation
Specific Duties of Your Head-On Collision Lawyer
There are several specific duties that your lawyer may perform as they pursue compensation for you or a loved one. Your lawyer may:
- Dispatch investigators to collect evidence
- Organize the evidence to fit your case for compensation
- Defend your rights from the moment that you retain their services
- Provide general advice
- Put together your strategy for pursuing compensation
- Deal with insurance companies as necessary
- File a lawsuit for you
- File the paperwork for your lawsuit
- Correspond with lawyers, judges, and others involved with your case
- Negotiate a settlement
- Complete a trial if necessary
You may find that having a lawyer handle your case offers numerous benefits. A head-on collision lawyer may be able to lean on prior experience in cases similar to yours. Additionally, a lawyer may have knowledge of relevant statutes and practices that you are not aware of.
You can also focus on getting better if you hire a lawyer to handle your insurance claim or lawsuit. Trying to complete a claim or lawsuit on your own might be stressful and difficult if you are not familiar with the claims process. A lawyer can guide you throughout the legal process and update you on status changes with your case.
Anderson Head-On Collision Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Call Hammack Law Firm Today to Work on Your Case
A lawyer will exercise the time and effort necessary to handle your insurance claim or lawsuit in its entirety. In some cases, a lawyer can handle your insurance claim and proceed with a lawsuit if insurance negotiations do not produce the outcome that you are aiming for.
Call Hammack Law Firm today at 864-326-3333 to find out how an Anderson head-on collision lawyer can serve you if you have been injured, your loved one has passed, or your loved one was injured in a motor vehicle accident.
Our Client Bill of Rights offers a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee —no costs and no fees. We serve our Greenville clients in all areas of personal injury, including auto and motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and boating accidents.
To get started with our Greenville personal injury law firm, please simply contact us online or call 864-326-3333 for a free consultation.