Greenville Truck Accident Attorney
$1.6 Million settlement for a family involved in a head-on collision with a tractor-trailer
Experienced Truck Accident Attorney Is On Your Side
Sorting through everything that happens after a car accident can be overwhelming, but it pales in comparison to dealing with the aftermath of a trucking accident. These complicated claims demand an experienced hand that knows how to handle the many different entities involved, research ever-changing truck accident laws, and negotiate with insurance companies that are often not willing to give a dime to the people they insure.
Hammack Law Firm excels at delivering justice for victims of trucking accidents, securing maximum monetary compensation for those who have sustained injury or loss. With over 19 years of extensive legal experience in righting the wrongs committed by negligent, malicious, or fraudulent trucking companies, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
The Greenville truck accident attorney of Hammack Law Firm has what it takes to win your case and earn you maximum compensation. Contact us at (864) 479-8742 to get started on your truck accident claim today.
Recent Truck Injury Case Victories
For a client injured by a truck driver who was tail gating and lost control of his tractor-trailer, causing the need for a total hip replacement
For a passenger in a vehicle who sustained severe injuries to her legs, including an acute ankle dislocation, caused by a truck driver that jack-knifed into oncoming traffic
For a client who had soft tissue neck and shoulder injuries resulting from a truck that struck our client’s vehicle in the rear
Because your health and livelihood are at stake. Accidents involving tractor-trailers, buses, or commercial motor vehicles involve legal issues unique to transportation law, so it is critical to retain legal counsel with experience in this specialized area. Any injury lawyer can handle a truck accident, right? Not if you want to extract the highest value from your case. To get the most out of your case, your truck law attorney must know the federal regulations on vehicle maintenance, driver fatigue, hours-of-service violations, and know where to look to find the hidden evidence. Paul Hammack at Hammack Law Firm has more than 19 years’ experience handling truck accident claims. Paul defended large trucking companies for over a decade, so he knows the industry and knows how to get the most out of every case.
Paul and the entire Hammock Law Firm operate with integrity and excellence. The firm provides a client-centered approach to the case at hand, delivering the best achievable results. Highly recommended!
Dr. Cameron Guida
Paul is a fantastic attorney. He is very easy to talk to, and provides excellent legal service. Highly recommended.
Definitely one of the best accident attorneys around! Would recommend to anyone facing injuries from the result of an accident. Previous insurance company litigation makes Mr. Hammack a very well informed litigator when going against the insurance companies trying to minimize their loss. Be sure to contact Paul before contacting the insurance company, as they only care about their interests not the injured. Please note my 5 star recommendation. Thanks for reading.
Have you been injured in a Truck Accident? Let's go get your money!
Paul Hammack has spent nearly 20 years fighting trucking companies and the insurance companies that play legal tricks to protect them. As a Greenville truck wreck attorney, Paul represents people who have been injured or killed due to the negligence of truck drivers. Paul and his team will put their trucking industry legal experience to work for you; and fight hard for your legal right to compensation. Let’s go get your money
A Greenville Truck Accident Lawyer with an Insurance Insider’s Perspective
Attorney Paul Hammack knows how insurance companies approach commercial trucking operations and accident litigation. After all, he worked on their side for many years. Today, he uses his talents to only represent injured plaintiffs, always taking aggressive action to beat the insurance company at its own game. Trucking company lawyers are intimidating. Paul has experience actually trying cases, so he is not intimidated, and knows how to fight back. In short, Paul knows what it takes to position your case to get you the money you deserve.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
We have found that most truck accidents occur because of:
- Driver Error – Maneuvering into the wrong lane, illegal U-turns, and not checking blind spots are all trademarks of a negligent truck driver. Couple that with distracted driving—such as texting or using other equipment or devices—and other drivers on the road are put at risk of an accident.
- Equipment Failure – It is common for truck accidents to occur because of equipment failure. Some of the most common equipment failures involve tire blowouts, malfunctioning brakes, or broken tandem or coupling.
- Poor Truck Maintenance –Trucking companies must stick to strict maintenance schedules. They risk real-world danger by forgoing this crucial process and placing these hulking machines on the road without maintaining them can have devastating consequences. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires that these trucking companies follow rigorous maintenance standards in order to make sure that inspectors, truck drivers, and passenger vehicle drivers on the road are all safe.
- Improper Cargo Weight Distribution – Cargo that isn’t secured or loaded properly can cause a multitude of problems while in transit. If the cargo inside the trailer is too heavy or not secured properly, it can affect the truck’s ability to remain balanced. An imbalanced 18-wheeler is more susceptible to rollovers, which can cause fatal accidents.
- Tailgating – The front end of a large truck is the most dangerous place to be when driving down the expressway. If a large truck is tailgating you and the need for a sudden stop on your end arises, the 18-wheeler can plow right into your car. A tractor trailer like that needs plenty of space between your car and itself to make a safe and complete stop, and if a commercial truck driver is driving in this manner, it is negligence.
Common Injuries Caused by a Truck Accident
With over 80,000 pounds of metal, rubber, various other materials, and whatever cargo is loaded into the trailer, a semi-truck can deal serious damage to other passenger cars. To provide some perspective, typically a passenger car weighs in around 3,000 to 4,000 pounds and is significantly smaller.
Because of this, severe injuries are almost guaranteed when a passenger car is involved in an accident with a large truck, and death is all too common.
Some of these severe injuries include:
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Broken Bones
- Torso and Rib Injuries
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Amputated Limbs and Extremities
- Wrongful Death
An accident involving a large commercial truck like an 18-wheeler not only causes serious injury, it can alter your life forever. However, if you were injured in a truck accident, you do not have to surrender to these circumstances. Enlist the skilled Greenville truck accident lawyer of Hammack Law Firm to help you get the monetary compensation you deserve.
Hire the best truck accident attorney at Hammack Law Firm to win your case and gain maximum monetary compensation. Contact us at (864) 479-8742 to get started on your truck accident claim today.
Truck Accidents We Handle
Hammack Law Firm has extensive experience in fighting for individuals’ right to monetary compensation, and throughout the more than 19 years that we have been practicing law, we have acquired more resources and devised better strategies to cave in the defense.
Our truck accident lawyer has spent decades perfecting the way we win truck accident claims involving:
- Big rigs, semi-trucks, tractor trailers, or 18-wheelers
- Moving vans, specifically minivans or box trucks
- Delivery vans
- Flatbed trucks loaded with cargo
- Tanker trucks carrying hazardous chemicals, gases, and materials
- Fuel truck tankers
- Commercial work trucks like cement mixers, dump trucks, etc.
- Coal, log, and refrigerator trucks
- Tow trucks
- Cargo trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Emergency response vehicles like firetrucks
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident Claim
The hardest part of being involved in a truck accident claim, other than recovering from grievous injury, is finding experienced legal representation that can effectively help you in your fight for monetary compensation.
To do this, we must secure strong evidence that proves the other party is responsible for the truck accident that caused your injuries. The evidence our law firm looks for to prove liability and strengthen your case mostly lies in:
- Your Vehicle – Your vehicle must stay in the condition it was after the accident occurred. If you choose to repair it afterward, you are harming your chances at winning your claim, as you are essentially throwing away your strongest evidence.
- Inspection Reports – Commercial trucks must pass an inspection. An inspection verifies that the trucking company approved the commercial truck for use. If this important step is missed, the trucking company is considered negligent.
- Maintenance Logs – All of the information as to what maintenance was performed before the truck went out on the road is kept in a maintenance log. If these records show that the truck was in poor condition before transit, your chances of winning your claim increase.
- Cargo Logs – Important information regarding what the truck hauled while it was in transit is kept in a cargo log. Commercial vehicles hauling heavy cargo that exceeds the gross vehicle weight rating will eventually damage the brake system, leading to brake failure.
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Results – Trucking companies employ the use of random alcohol and drug tests to make sure that their drivers are sober when operating commercial trucks. Commercial truck drivers that have been involved in a truck accident are also tested afterward to see if it was the cause of the incident.
- Other Important Information – Information regarding the driver, the trucking company, protocols and procedures enforced by the company, and/or additional information that is of use about the accident itself can also be used to strengthen your truck accident claim.
Hammack Law Firm has the legal experience you need to win your truck accident claim. Contact us at (864) 479-8742 to set up a legal consultation with our best truck accident attorney. We have the sills necessary to maximize your settlement or verdict.
Truck Accident Compensation Awarded to Victims
The truck accident attorney of Hammack Law Firm is geared up to win maximum monetary compensation for individuals that have been injured in a truck accident. If this resonates with your experience, our Greenville truck accident lawyer can help you fight for:
- Past and ongoing medical costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Financial damages
- Economic damages
- Punitive damages
If, however, the victim of the truck accident has passed away, your family may be able to recover any funeral expenses under a wrongful death claim. The surviving members of the family can also file for a recovery of lost companionship and loss of consortium.
Before you sign any documentation or accept a settlement from the insurance or trucking company, speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer first. By accepting such offers, you may be waiving your right to seek compensation, releasing the responsible party from its liability.
Why You Need Hammack Law Firm to Handle Your Truck Accident Claim
What makes Hammack Law Firm different from other truck accident lawyers and law firms is the exclusive insider information we have regarding trucking company defense. Before we represented the true victims of these types of accidents, we defended trucking companies for close to 10 years. During that time, we saw just how badly these kind of accidents affected everyday people, giving us an eye-opening experience that was enough to compel us to change the focus of our practice. Nineteen years later, we are still defending the people, the true victims, that are hurt or lost because of negligent, malicious, or fraudulent trucking companies.
Large truck accidents are completely different from car accidents. Notably, these trucks are 20 to 30 times heavier and three to four times bigger than regular passenger cars. Because of this fact, large trucks such as 18-wheelers or other types of commercial vehicles can easily inflict disabling injuries to anyone involved in an accident with them.
It may be easy to think that these types of accidents are straightforward since it involves one victim and one entity, but that isn’t necessarily the case. Causation, multiple parties, and complex insurance policies often complicate the entire process.
That’s why you need the skilled representation in your truck accident claim that the injury attorney at Hammack Law Firm provides. We have navigated complex laws and insurance policies in the past, helping a family that was involved in a head-on collision with a tractor-trailer win $1.6 million. Another recent client was able to take away $900,000 in compensation for being involved in an accident where a truck was tailgating. The compensation helped pay for a total hip replacement.
With Hammack Law Firm, getting the monetary compensation you need is a reality.
Hammack Law Firm, a truck accident attorney you can trust.
The experienced Greenville truck accident lawyer with Hammack Law Firm has what it takes to win the maximum monetary compensation you need to recuperate. We have fought tooth and nail for individuals who have endured debilitating injuries and other losses due to truck accidents caused by negligent, malicious, or fraudulent trucking companies.
Trust Hammack Law Firm to win your truck accident claim. Contact us at (864) 479-8742 to schedule your legal consultation with our best truck accident attorney in Greenville today.
Worried about hiring us or how you’ll pay? Don’t be.
We are proud of our Client's 10 Bill of Rights. And remember, we will never take more money in fees than you receive.
- Right to our respect, courtesy, compassion and empathy
- Right to talk with us within 24 hours of your call
- Right to timely updates on your case progress
Truck Accidents recent posts
What Are the Most Common Injuries in Truck Accidents? Greenville Injury Lawyer Investigates
Due to their size and weight, large trucks can cleave a path of destruction. The occupants of passenger vehicles...
What are the Minimum Liability Limits for a Commercial Motor Vehicle that is Involved in a Truck Accident?
We rely on our insurance company when our vehicle breaks down or needs repairs and even when we have been involved in an accident. In most cases, when a driver is the victim in an accident and is not responsible for causing it, they can pursue the at-fault party’s...
1 Killed, 2 Injured in Fiery Crash on I-85 Involving 2 Semi-Trucks
One person was killed and two were injured in a fiery accident that occurred just after 8 p.m. on Tuesday in Cherokee County.
Injured? We can help you.
CALL NOW 864-326-3333