If another person or entity’s negligence injured you or a loved one, you could seek financial compensation. Your recoverable damages can include medical bills, income loss, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. If you can prove negligence, the liable party might have to compensate you for related expenses, including assistive medical devices, counseling, or rehabilitation.
Our Aiken personal injury lawyer at Hammack Law Firm will collect evidence of your accident and use it to identify the at-fault party and their insurance company. The evidence must prove the negligence that entitles you to compensation for your recoverable damages. We will negotiate with an insurer for a settlement. However, we will represent you in court if necessary. We prepare as if we’re going to trial from the very start.
Assess the Value of Your Personal Injury Damages
S.C. Ann. § 15-32-210 entitles you to economic and non-economic damages after an accident. The value of your case will depend on the severity of your injuries and the amount of time they force you to miss work. Calculating it on your own can be difficult, especially when it comes to assigning a value to your non-economic damages. We help you assign a value to your:
- Medical bills, including emergency and ongoing medical care, hospital stays, and long-term physical therapy or rehab. Some accidents that lead to injury cases can also cause mental and emotional trauma. Victims might be able to recover damages for their mental health care.
- Loss of income for the time you spend being treated for and recovering from your injuries. You can request payment for sick days you might use to cover your recuperative period.
- Pain and suffering, which could include physical disability and lasting or permanent scarring and disfigurement.
Wrongful Death Damages in an Aiken, S.C., Injury Case
If someone you love was fatally injured in a negligence-based accident, you can also request wrongful death damages. This can include compensation for your loved one’s funeral and burial costs. In addition, you can receive compensation for your loss of consortium, companionship, and guidance. Our team will ensure your case is accurately assessed before giving it a monetary value.
We Must Comply with South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
Filing a civil lawsuit is a time-sensitive matter. In most instances, personal injury cases settle out of court after an investigation gathers case evidence. If your case must proceed to trial, you or your lawyer must file it within the state’s pre-determined timeline. Accordingly:
- If an accident hurt you or someone you love, S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 generally provides you with up to three years to file your injury lawsuit.
- If your family member did not survive the accident that caused their injuries, the same statute and timeline would govern your wrongful death lawsuit. You have three years from your loved one’s death date to file your action.
When you give us enough notice of your accident and intent to sue for damages, we ensure we meet the statutory filing deadline. We also identify the relevant deadline and any circumstances that might alter it.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Aiken, call 864-740-8653
Put Our Aiken Personal Injury Lawyer to Work for You
When someone else is responsible for the accident that led to your injuries, we help you fight for compensation in a warm, supportive environment. We combine the personal experience of a small firm with the power and fight of a big firm. On your behalf, our personal injury team will:
- Deal with the insurance company so that you do not have to
- Treat you with the same care we give our friends and family
- Humanize a trying personal injury experience
- Give a lot of time and attention to your case’s details
We work hard to build a personal relationship with you and every client we represent, making South Carolina a safer place for all. Part of our mission is to help you recover so that you can get back to your family and loved ones.
Our team that helps injured clients in Aiken will handle your case with compassion and kindness. We make sure you understand your rights, the at-fault party’s responsibilities, and the strength of your case. We also handle settlement negotiations on your behalf and help you fight for a fair financial outcome.
Personal Injury Cases Our Team Handles
Many different types of accidents can cause injuries, including physical assaults and pedestrian accidents. Our law firm represents clients who were in:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
If you or someone you know was physically or fatally injured in one of these accidents, we will help you hold the at-fault party financially accountable for their actions or lack of action.
Read More About Our Client-Focused Team
Building an effective case that leads to your financial recovery is our team’s goal. Clients we have helped share their thoughts, saying:
- “I could have not asked for a better law firm…Paul Hammack is the kindest spirit I could ask for…I would recommend Hammack Law Firm to anyone who needs a lawyer. Thank you, guys. You’re the best.” – Debrah Day
- “I was in a wreck and…got in with this law firm and it has been a wonderful experience. Dealing with Lynn Dunn and Dawn McGill has been great. They are very nice, professional women that I have enjoyed getting to know. Thank you all for your love and support.” – Renee Sigmon
- “There are not enough words to describe the great experience that I have had dealing with all of the kind people at Hammack Law…I could go on and on, but you need to find out for yourself. You will not be sorry you went to see them. – Jean Smith
You can also read more reviews like these on our client testimonials page that attest to how passionate our personal injury team is about advocating for injured clients.
Aiken Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 864-740-8653
Call Us for a No-Cost Review of Your Case Today
Our personal injury lawyer helps injured clients in Aiken and throughout South Carolina get the legal support they need to fight for the financial compensation they deserve.
Learn more about getting the right value for your case and the monetary award you may be due by contacting one of our Hammack Law Firm team members today at (864) 326-3333.